It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When life throws too many curveballs.. how do you cope

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There will always be violent, psycho people of every gender, race and age.

Best thing to learn what part of your psyche drew you to a person like that, what part made you stay and what part made you leave. Learn from these and it will teach you how to avoid crazies in the future ( or reduce the odds )as well as help make a clean break from the emotional baggage.

Best wishes.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: the2010apprentice

Honestly go out and date, there are plenty of women that are open to the idea of making friends. Eventually you will realize you just miss the good times and not the person you had them with.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You learn by situation how to bob and weave... I've had a lot thrown at me lately I lost my old man hit a bum who threw his bike into my bumper and is suing me I'm working 16hrs a day I've been type one diabetic for 18years and I can go on and on and on man keep your eye on the prize don't swing late or early you gotta time it right..you'll be fine life is full of encounters some good some horrible life never gets better or worser it just gets different be patient you'll be fine like I said...a reply to: the2010apprentice

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Sorry that you were abused. Give yourself as much time as you need to heal. Asking for advice is a positive sign. Know that you are better off now and that you didn't deserve that.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: the2010apprentice

I'm feeling you, in a way.
I have been going through very dark depression for the last 1,5 year and finally coming out of it, very slowly.

Take time for yourself, sleep, eat, go out for walks, spend time with family and friends.
Try to do things that makes you happy or at least fill your life with a little joy.

Talk, write it off...

Look for the things that are important in your life, pets, children, friends and focus on survival because of them.

I didn't think it would get better, I am not in my best yet but much better than where I was 6 months ago.
As long as you have the will inside you it will get better.
Take it one day at a time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join