It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

beware of amazon.com prices

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I've bought many books on amazon.com Never bothered to look at my bank account what amount was withdrawn. Then one day I compared the price amazon.com tells you they charge and the actual charge from my account. It was anywhere between twice and four times the stated price.
edit on 07930Fri, 12 Sep 2014 16:07:08 -0500201408pAmerica/Chicago2014-09-12T16:07:08-05:0030 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: introspectionist

Often, the same item is also listed multiple times with different prices. Always check the available offers.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is interesting, I wonder if the same is true about other products you get from Amazon. How many people actually compare those numbers anymore when your credit card bill comes. What your receipt says and what is charged doesn't actually have to be the same. I know this from working with these programs, they can be altered. Even if it is a small amount, multiply that by millions.

Contact them, they are good about fixing things, my daughter has had to call them about these kind of things a few times.
edit on 12-9-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I buy many things from Amazon and quite frequently. I've never been charged more than what the price (plus shipping, plus tax) has been quoted. If you're being charged more than what you're being told, then I'd investigate to see why.

As far as Amazon prices, they are almost always cheaper than anyone else for the same item.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
As loam said, there are often multiple prices for an item through the same page on Amazon. Make sure of which you are actually clicking to purchase when you do your order.

We have literally purchased hundreds of things through Amazon, of all types, and have never had an issue like you have. I wonder if the charges you're seeing are done through one of the third party sellers they have on there, or if you purchased them through Amazon itself.

If you are getting it from Amazon itself, you will see "fulfilled by Amazon" on the page below the price area. If it's a third party, it'll say so.

Might want to check into that portion of things.

But, yeah, definitely call customer service. Amazon has some of the best around, I think, and I have always been happy when walking away from them.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If that's the case email them and let them know , I've found them to be reliable and happy to help when I've had a problem , never been overcharged though.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

I buy many things from Amazon and quite frequently. I've never been charged more than what the price (plus shipping, plus tax) has been quoted. If you're being charged more than what you're being told, then I'd investigate to see why.

As far as Amazon prices, they are almost always cheaper than anyone else for the same item.

My experience has been the same.

I rarely, RARELY, step foot in an actual retail store thanks to Amazon.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I purchase thousands of dollars worth of their products every year and have never, ever had an issue with their prices. Are you sure you know what you're doing?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I use a debit card and have alerts turned on.

Anytime a charge comes through I get an instant text message on my phone telling me what the charge is.

Often in grocery stores or other retail outlets I get the text before I get the receipt from the cashier.

This also protects you from someone stealing your information and purchasing using your card number.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I use Amazon all the time. Never had a problem like that. I monitor all my purchases carefully. I would have noticed. I mostly use the same method as bbracken677 in the above post. I rarely ever use a credit card. I do not like being in debt. So I see everything as it leaves my bank account. Amazon never tried to overcharge me.
edit on 12-9-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Use Amazon all the time

Never a problem ...

PS.. LOVE LOVE LOVE Amazon Prime

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

I use a debit card and have alerts turned on.

Anytime a charge comes through I get an instant text message on my phone telling me what the charge is.

Often in grocery stores or other retail outlets I get the text before I get the receipt from the cashier.

This also protects you from someone stealing your information and purchasing using your card number.

I use a prepaid card with alerts on it. Like you, I get an instant text about what was just subtracted, where it went, and the remaining balance.

I've never had an issue with Amazon either and I order from the quite frequently. As a matter of fact I had an issue with a product from another seller through Amazon and it was addressed and fixed amazingly fast.
edit on 9/12/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You never bothered to look at your bank account? Does that sound right to you?

My wife is a manager of a credit union and she hears people complain that their accounts are overdrawn all the time. They always say "it's not my fault"... They spent more money than they had but it's not their fault. Lol

Anyhow you should not be in that habit.

Now I've used amazon before and have never had a problem.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have been buying from Amazon for years and have bought many different kinds of products including books.

I have never had an issue with over charging or any other kind of issue with them.

Don't know why you are having issues?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
PS.. LOVE LOVE LOVE Amazon Prime

Ditto. The cheaper next-day delivery prices more than pay for Prime, and it's great when you want (or need) something right away.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I know that. I'm talking about the price amazon told me that they charged me, after I had placed the order.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That is why I do my payments via Paypal. It shows exactly how much it costs.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
be patient, Alibaba.com is coming to help you.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Whenever I need something off amazon.com I have a family member buy it, then I give them the money. Haven't ordered anything from them in over a year. I know a big entity like amazon isn't affected by my choice to not use them. But I feel better being frugal, living with just what I need and not buying a lot.

But that's just me, I have nothing against those of you who do purchase.

Maybe the third party seller you bought from changed the price and you weren't notified?

Though as rickymouse pointed out, the numbers can be changed. Most people will forgive a penny or two. But if it happens to millions of people, for a lot of orders, it turns into a cash cow.

Best of luck.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
One of the tricks that some of the third party amazon retailers do, is give you a list price of an item at a ridiculously low price, < $10, then the shipping and delivery costs are the actual price.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join