It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Official Says Saudi Arabia Borders Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Common Good

There both clowns, theres real issues but both sides prefer seeing there country going down the drain then realise there behing punked by idiots, i bet you 90% of elected officials in the usa and canada couldent find saudi arabia on a map.

And i bet ya Mr X didint know where it was till he googled it.
edit on 12-9-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
"I can see ISIS from my house."
-Obama's Foreign Policy

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
"I can see ISIS from my house."
-Obama's Foreign Policy

Scary part is he may just have them in his house.... he seems a bit clueless.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: Common Good

There both clowns, theres real issues but both sides prefer seeing there country going down the drain then realise there behing punked by idiots, i bet you 90% of elected officials in the usa and canada couldent find saudi arabia on a map.

And i bet ya Mr X didint know where it was till he googled it.

Actually I saw the map in the article

And I find even more appalling that the White House never corrected the statement on their website (also linked in the article).

They still may not be aware of the error.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You know that Rice, Obamas chief advisor since Chicago, was born in Iran, right?

no joke that

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: butcherguy

You know that Rice, Obamas chief advisor since Chicago, was born in Iran, right?

no joke that

That is Valerie Jarrett

And she's a beauty.

Interesting background.

And she's a real live crook.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I loved your wry comment "The still may not be aware of the error".

Excuse me for asking all, but what on earth is this term "miss speak" what happened to the words mistake or error, are they different now or am I missing some new subtlety?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

What bothers me about this ISIS business is that we have had a lot of this scum slither back into the UK and probably working in Kebab shops again or sitting on the benefit couch - we don't know - so you could well see ISIS close to your home as I expect a few have slithered back into the USA also.

Today our society is so nicely behaved and sweet about everyone its almost against a new religion to speak as you feel, especially about people who do dire things. We even go into school to enforce this 'be nice' attitude to our kids. However we are living with religious ISIS devils in our neighbourhoods and this nice attitude could well need to change over night and I wonder if we are prepared? Our kids seem to think, thanks to schools. universities, legal Institutions etc here that you play by rules - naive is actually what they are being bred to be and I don't think this is the time for that attitude anymore. What ISIS has done in the ME, two men did in London once - so I think we need to harden our attitude against groups like ISIS and their ideology.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
And I find even more appalling that the White House never corrected the statement on their website (also linked in the article).

Why would they correct the statement on the website? It's a basically transcript of a phone conversation. You want them to rewrite history? You, of all people, should demand they leave it in.

The official meant to say Iraq. He said 'Syria' a few times in that same train of thought so, you know where his mind was. This is one of your threads though, so I'm not surprised by your need to share it.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Agree...Miss-Speak is when you use the wrong word, but otherwise demonstrate you know the correct wording.

This was the case as the full transcript shows. He was speaking about both Jordan (which does have a massive border with Syria) and Saudi Arabia together and in hopping back and forth explaining their interests in stability, miss-spoke and said Saudi Arabia.

Actual Transcript here: www.whitehouse.gov...-xrMzc7I.twitter

Ignorance is when someone like Palin claims that Paul Revere "fired those warnings shots" and "rang those bells" to warn the British...and then follows it up with multiple statements defending her new take on history rather than admitting her ignorance.

For political hacks...either can be fun, but everyone knows the difference.

IMO - Miss-speaks can be funny...willful ignorance is not...and this misspeak doesn't have much humor value...even more so since it is pretty boring and a reach to try to dishonestly portray it as ignorance when the context of the transcript shows otherwise.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
dp
edit on 15-9-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
a reply to: xuenchen

Obama must have owed this guy/girl a favor in order to get that job. Sounds clueless.

I read the exchange...clueless is not the impression I got...curious that it is one sentence in a long discussion on the "who what, where, and how" of the ISIS problem and the implications it has to other Arab countries in the region. all the other information given by that "senior official" is well researched, articulate, and condensed down into layman's terms........it almost appears that the sentence was inserted by someone else, or it was just a momentary brain freeze on the officials part.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join