It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Official Says Saudi Arabia Borders Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

A National Security Council Spokesperson presented a pre-speech phone session with press agents the other night before Obama's speech about ISIS and military actions.

A statement was made and used in emphasis that must have had jaws dropping on every available table.

The boondoggle this time was that Saudi Arabia shares an extensive border with Syria

We can only imagine the awe when that was said.

An issue this important and still mistakes in the wrong places !!!

A senior Obama administration official is cited in a White House press release as saying “Saudi Arabia has an extensive border with Syria,” while speaking with a group of journalists and National Security Council Spokesperson Caitlin Hayden.

The conference call, which was meant to provide background information on President Obama’s Wednesday night address to the nation, involved Hayden and another unnamed Obama administration official who made the following statement:

ISIL has been I think a galvanizing threat around the Sunni partners in the region. They view it as an existential threat to them. Saudi Arabia has an extensive border with Syria. The Jordanians are experiencing a destabilizing impact of over a million refugees from the Syrian conflict, and are profoundly concerned that ISIL, who has stated that their ambitions a

Administration Official Says Saudi Arabia Borders Syria

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
That's our boy's. Right on top of things!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Our foreign policy = doomed.

Morons.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Obama must have owed this guy/girl a favor in order to get that job. Sounds clueless.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

There are three types of politicians but only two that get hired.

1. Someone who believes in the constitution.

2. Someone who is on the corporate payroll, either through greed or entrapment.

3. Complete idiots who have no clue.

I they are both 2 and 3, they are guaranteed a job somewhere it would seem.
edit on 12-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

No doubt Pelosi's and Biden's Nation of Africa also borders both countries

It's one thing to misspeak, it's quite another to be an official (specially elected) who is an imbecile.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I would assume that anybody on that call with an IQ above 5 would guess he said Syria when he meant Iraq. How is this a story? People misspeak all the time from world leaders to the man in the street. How many times have we seen every President lampooned for misspeaking? I suppose it gives people with low self esteem a boost. And now we are so bored we are doing it with some poor guy on a conference call? Is this how low we have fallen?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I would assume that anybody on that call with an IQ above 5 would guess he said Syria when he meant Iraq. How is this a story? People misspeak all the time from world leaders to the man in the street. How many times have we seen every President lampooned for misspeaking? I suppose it gives people with low self esteem a boost. And now we are so bored we are doing it with some poor guy on a conference call? Is this how low we have fallen?

Absolutely correct, people misspeak and it's alway an overblown non story.

Now when Hillary Clinton used the wrong word for her reset button,,, that was a story. They had time to make a prop and still got it wrong. But this is a nonsense story.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad
Yep.
And John Kerry did the same thing when he said that the US is not at war with ISIS? He said that yesterday.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
No way, too bad these dems arent on par with the gop winners, great post Mr X, awsome job again, getting down and dirty to find the real issues.
edit on 12-9-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Very interesting...

Jives with my reading of Yoseph Bodanski article referenced at Rush Limbaugh program.

I did an OP on it that got no action from ATS except two flags (probably Syrian members).

You can read my source in that and see the covert support by CIA, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar.

So Saudis Arabia wants a lot of Syrian land for a caliphate...

And we read this freuding-slip by NSA management.

Scaring the shi'ites in the region is the main goal and counter Iran.
There I said it.

edit on 12-9-2014 by Granite because: sp

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Poor Jordan, they must feel left out

Truly, this is not serious story, people mis-speak all the time
But this crew...

I still haven't got over Reid saying the southern border is secure

Politicians really need to think before they speak, especially those in DC that have a camera shoved in their face, knowing it's going to be on prime time

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Yes.
The French want to include Iran in the fight against ISIS, but the US opposes that. Iranians want to join the fight against ISIS.
The Obama Administration went to great pains today to say that the 'world' is at war against ISIS.... I guess Obama doesn't think Iran is part of the world

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18407786]butcherguy[/post
Iran's official state is USA created ISIS to destabilize the region.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Our position on the matter makes it seem like they could be correct.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
We can only imagine the awe when that was said.

I need to curl up and bing on West Wing on Netflix to find my happy place.

This is beyond pathetic.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Whats so pathetic about an american not knowing where a country is, the pathetic part is the thread wasting space on the net lol.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Actually i was thinking the movie"Clueless"myself but to each his own.a reply to: SkepticOverlord

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Because a democrat said it, they get all mad when you point it out.

Yet when Palin (A republican) says something exactly as stupid- They(democrats) run campaigns on it(As well as SNL skits).

Funny huh?

edit on 12-9-2014 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969
It may have something to do with Americans dealing with foreign policy matters not knowing where countries are located.
Pathetic would be not knowing how many states are in the US.

edit on b000000302014-09-12T20:41:09-05:0008America/ChicagoFri, 12 Sep 2014 20:41:09 -0500800000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join