It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A homework assignment for EVERYONE on the 9/11 conspiracy board...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I had posted this thought on one of the threads here when it occurred to me that this is something that really needs to be explored. I have a homework assignment for everyone here, for conspiracy theorists and debunkers alike (and even moderators if you're interested).

Here it is: Simply pick three people at random, be they family members, coworkers, people you meet after work, it doesn't matter, and simply ask them this question: "Have you ever heard of the name Mohammed Atta?" Collect your answers and post them here.

It strikes me that everyone knows who Adolf Hitler is, who John Wilkes Booth is, and pretty much every other enemy who caused us mischief throughout history. Yet, here we have the most earth shattering event that happened to our nation since Pearl Harbor and yet nobody even knows the most basic of details about it. Regardless of where you stand on the topic, I think we can all agree that Mohammed Atta is recognized as being a central figure in the event and it's a sour condemnation for people to have such little interest in the events of 9/11. If you're a conspiracy theorist, you'll be grumbling that such ignorance makes your job that much difficult to educate anyone about it, and if you're a conspiracy debunker, you'll be grumbling that such ignorance is the very reason why conspiracy theories exist to begin with. Either way, we're looking from different directions at the same problem.

I just conducted my own poll, and here are the results:

Person #1: never heard the name

Person #2: never heard the name

Person #3: sounded familiar but didn't remember who it was until I said 9/11.

Sigh...

edit on 12-9-2014 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: GoodOlDave

Personally, I'd much rather ask them the names of the actual people responsible for 9/11.

Unfortunately, I dont know that we'll ever know the truth.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

People know who Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld are though. If you are looking for meaning, there it is.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think he was a CIA patsi .....But Wiki has the "offical" cough story on him en.wikipedia.org... and we all know that Wiki is the best source to use lol a reply to: GoodOlDave

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Your results are not surprising. So many people have no clue who heads up the State Dept, or who the Speaker of the House is. Yet those same people will have strong political opinions. Even worse, these ignorants vote.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

better question for me would be how many people have actually dealt with a terrorist/or wannabee stateside ?? [military not included]
Yes on your question though. Close friends and family know his name plus others.

edit on 12-9-2014 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
9/11: Who Really Benefited?

"All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, the Art of War.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasoul
9/11: Who Really Benefited?

"All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, the Art of War.

Bingo!! [your quote] and we keep falling for it.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I ask people about 9/11 all the time

Most haven't seen the collapses in 13 years

And when questiond further they all give different descriptions of the collapses

And noone seems to know about wtc 7 and it collapsing

The plan worked

The people were fooled

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I had heard the nome de plume of Atta one day on the devil box but like what i am seeing with all this ISIS new's how do i know it is really happening i have to believe what i see or hear on the new's .

Could all that pictures and people be a set up are atta etc etc just avatar's and just vanish from prison when the door closes , heard much about JAMES HOLMES , or THE BOSTON BOMBER lately

It is all wag the dog

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

It wasn't Mohammed Atta's name or face that was marketed during the 'War on Terror'. Ask those same three people who Bin Laden was.

You're example is like asking people who Emil Maurice was. You know, the second officer in the German Schutzstaffel (SS) behind Hilter.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

It wasn't Mohammed Atta's name or face that was marketed during the 'War on Terror'. Ask those same three people who Bin Laden was.

You're example is like asking people who Emil Maurice was. You know, the second officer in the German Schutzstaffel (SS) behind Hilter.

Same as Isoroku Yamamoto

2nd line

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

AA11 = Mohamed Atta, Abdulaziz al-Omari, Wail Mohammed al-Shehri, Waleed Mohammed al-Shehri, Satam Muhammed Abdel Rahman al-Suqami

UA175 = Marwan Yousef Mohamed Rashid Lekrab al-Shehhi, Fayez Rashid Ahmed Hassan al-Qadi Banihammad, Mohand Muhammed Fayiz al-Shehri, Hamza al-Ghamdi, Ahmed Salah Said al-Ghamdi

AA77 = Hani Saleh Hasan Hanjour, Khalid Muhammad Abdallah al-Mihdhar, Majed Mashaan Ghanem Moqed, Nawaf Muhammed Salim al-Hazmi, Salem al-Hazmi

UA93 = Ziad Samir Jarrah, Ahmed Ibrahim al-Haznawi, Ahmed bin Abdullah al-Nami, Saeed Abdallah Ali Sulayman al-Ghamdi

Either them or the dancing Israelis

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Who's Mohammed Atta?
Oh no that's the question I'm supposed
to ask.

Really people, OP asked us to follow some simple guidelines.

All three failed Dave. Miserably and now I'm all bent, because I
can't believe I live under the same roof with these people!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Who's Mohammed Atta?
Oh no that's the question I'm supposed
to ask.

Really people, OP asked us to follow some simple guidelines.

All three failed Dave. Miserably and now I'm all bent, because I
can't believe I live under the same roof with these people!

I asked and was disappointed, no one knew but me

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Ok I made the mistake of asking my father who has spent a lot of time in the middle east. The response that followed was a monologue on Arabic names and the variations in the spelling of Muhammad...

No, he did not connect the name to 9/11, he associated it with a Pakistani he met in the 60's.

I'm not playing this game anymore.

EDIT: (I lied, still playing). Person #2 responded with "Is 'terrorist' the correct answer?"

Person #3: "Boxing... sorry damn auto correct.... I mean bombs"

Take from that what you will
edit on 13-9-2014 by RifRAAF because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: GoodOlDave I did that... and you know what happened ? all 3 of them said ' hmm, do you know how many Mohammed's we have around here ' lol, western Sydney is full of them.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

"Have you ever heard of the name Mohammed Atta?"

Well yes.

As a person who has devoted quite a lot of time reading into this history of 9/11 as the leader of the "Hamburg Cell" his name is hard to miss.

The truth is though, Dave, most people on ATS when you challenge them like this run to google do a search for his name then come back at you with the "Of course I know who Atta is he crashed the plane into the north tower"...... like they have known this for years. Most truthers get their information on 9/11 from guys like Griffin and Gage, they don't really have a in-depth knowledge of what happened that day but they like to pretend they do, so to keep the pretence up they will turn to google.

I can see what you are getting at but I think its kind of pointless, besides the media put the blame on the head of Bin Laden above everyone else so in most peoples eyes when it comes to 9/11 he was the evil mastermind.
edit on 13-9-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This guy has a different take because of the redacted part of the report.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If everyone here would experiment and each get three people to look up who he was, then your story, Dave, would suddenly lose a lot of supporters.

And just like somebody said, some people don't even know who the vice President is.

top topics

join