It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIBLE Study for the Religious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
First, what i'd like EVERYONE to do, is to take off your religious hats; fold them and put them in your pocket. Second, it is important for EVERYONE to understand that the B.I.B.L.E. is not a religious book, never has been. The B.I.B.L.E. is a guide on how to live a prosperous life, if certain PRINCIPLES are applied. I am convinced that the PTB understand these PRINCIPLES and are using these PRINCIPLES for themselves and against you; because they work, whether you're a sinner or a saint.

As you've noticed, i need you to pay specific attention to the word PRINCIPLE, in order for you to understand God's word, in another light. If you don't understand that part, you will NEVER understand God, His word or His ways. So, let's look at the word PRINCIPLE

a moral rule or belief that helps you know what is right and wrong and that influences your actions : a basic truth or theory : an idea that forms the basis of something : a law or fact of nature that explains how something works or why something happens

a: comprehensive and fundamental law, doctrine, or assumption
b: (1) : a rule or code of conduct (2) : habitual devotion to right principles
c: the laws or facts of nature underlying the working of an artificial device

Now, let's look at some of God's principles.
Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything
1There is a time for everything,and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2a time to be born and a time to die,a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
4a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

Ok, now that you understand that there is a season for everything, let's look at one of the BIGGEST principles in all of God's word. The principle of OBEDIENCE and DISOBEDIENCE. No need for a definition. You all KNOW how to obey. lol So, let's see what God has to say.
Deuteronomy 28

1If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. 2All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God:

15However, if you do not obey the Lord your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you:
(Please read the entire scripture, for your benefit. It behooves you.)

I also need you to notice the phrase "Lord your God". Basically, what that means is listening to, and obeying the voice within YOU. The Lord is the Lord YOUR God. He's not my God, CNN/FOX/Obama's god. He's YOUR God. It's a personal thing. So, if you fully obey the Lord YOUR God and carefully follow what HE tells you to do, blessings will follow you. However, if you don't listen to that voice within, bad things are going to happen, so to speak. God doesn't bless or curse us. Our OBEDIENCE and DISOBEDIENCE either: blesses or curses us.

Let me show you through God's word
Romans 3:17

17For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ! 18Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous

So, you see, through one man's act of disobedience, labor and death followed us. But God had a plan. Enter Abram.
Genesis 12 (Please read the entire scripture, for your benefit)

Basically, it goes like this Abram was married to Sarai, but they couldn't have children because Sarai was barren; and back in those days, it was considered a curse. So, Sarai told Abraham to have sex with her maid, Hagar. Hagar got pregnant but Hagar's son, Ishmael, wasn't the child of promise. Then, God paid Abram a visit and made a promise that Sarai would bear him a son.

Sidenote: Most of the fighting in the middle east is over this stuff. Those people are fighting over legal birthrights; which meant EVERYTHING, during those times; unlike today. Abraham bore Issaac who bore Jacob; who's name was changed from Jacob to Israel. Israel, according to scriptures, is not a place on a map. It's a tribe of PEOPLE called: Children of Israel. (Also, important to understand)

Skip to Genesis 17

1When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless. 2Then I will make my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers.”

What God wanted Abram to do, was have sex with his wife at the age of 99, until Sarai conceived. Pretty tough task, for an "old man".

15God also said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you are no longer to call her Sarai; her name will be Sarah. 16I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her.” 17Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, “Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?” 18And Abraham said to God, “If only Ishmael might live under your blessing!” 19Then God said, “Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. 20And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation. 21But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year.” 22When he had finished speaking with Abraham, God went up from him.

Genesis 21:5Isaac is born and here's where things get interesting.
Genesis 22

Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, whom you love--Isaac--and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you."
God is NUTS but always has a plan. Let's continue.
Genesis 22:9-12

9When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. 11But the angel of the Lord called out to him from heaven, “Abraham! Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied. 12“Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.”

edit on 109FripmSeppm9 by ImDaMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
...continued
John 3:16-21

16“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOEVER believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18“He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19“This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20“For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21“But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”
Everyone knows John 3:16, but few read John 3:17

For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
Romans 8

1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh,b God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering.c And so he condemned sin in the flesh, 4in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

5Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

9You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives lifed because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because ofe his Spirit who lives in you.

12Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

14For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.f And by him we cry, “Abba,g Father.” 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
Galatians 5
Free from Sin

1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. 4You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. 5For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope. 6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

7You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth? 8That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. 9“A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough.” 10I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion, whoever that may be, will have to pay the penalty. 11Brothers and sisters, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished. 12As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!

13You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesha ; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”b 15If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

16So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whateverc you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Flesh

19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. "Kingdom of God" = God's way of doing things.

Spirit

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Are you starting to get a clearer picture of how our "world" is being arranged, by the PTB? Do you see how they feed the flesh of humans? Can you begin to see WHY our "world" is in the shape it's in?

We're trying to work against God's principles, while hoping things get better. Things will NEVER get better, as long as we continue walking in carnal flesh. Feeding the monster within. I'm not sure how the B.I.B.L.E. became such an evil book, but i assure you, TPTB have read the script. They understand the principles and are trying to keep you as far away from those principles, as can be. They can't have you BELIEVING and walking in what you BELIEVE. They need you to be in doubt; living in fear and insecure.

Don't think so? Ok! Enter the "War on Terror". What is terror?
Terror

a very strong feeling of fear
But, God said: "Do not fear", throughout the B.I.B.L.E., 365 times. That's 1, "Do not fear" per day. Now, you tellin' me, the PTB don't know scripture? Sure they do!!! You're being duped by religion and kept from living LIFE!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Greetings- That is why "they" want You watching t.v. while on the computer talking on Your cellphone while drinking water w/fluoride in it.. "distracted" 'out of sort' ...

Religion™ is for folks afraid of Hell.. 'Spirituality' is for folks who've already been...

Me thinks "they" like it best when One religion™ feels superior over another.. Take that shiny dome for a minute (NOT the one at Notre Dame but the one in J'Salem..)

The Jew™ won't let the Muslim™ who won't let the Christian™ who won't let the Jew™ have "Abe's Lay-Z-Boy" .. It is One family fighting over an "inheritance".. To Me that just shows "Little Faith"...

If religion™ paid their taxes, I'd give a squirt, but because "they" don't... I don't.

namaste

P.S. So if We are staying at some fleabag dump motel out on the Interstate, don't open the drawer and read "The Rule Book" distributed by The Gideons™ and One of their 876 World-Wide orifices to better service You, The Flock??

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Your argument is correct, except for the Bible not being a religious book. The bible is a religious book use for the Christian religion and it many sects.
Adding to the argument of the post; As long as we as living beings, keep trying to work for the goodwill of the people and can detached from our own needs without looking for any recognition, then our souls will reach salvation (Valhalla, Heaven, etc...).
One of the keys is to live without expecting anything from life, but thinking that life is expecting something from us. To give not to receive. That way you will live in peace with you and with everybody.
And for religion, we need religion. We need a place to go and worship whatever God we want. But remembering not to be fanatics. Is about the message not the messenger.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
Your argument is correct, except for the Bible not being a religious book. The bible is a religious book use for the Christian religion and it many sects.
Adding to the argument of the post; As long as we as living beings, keep trying to work for the goodwill of the people and can detached from our own needs without looking for any recognition, then our souls will reach salvation (Valhalla, Heaven, etc...).
One of the keys is to live without expecting anything from life, but thinking that life is expecting something from us. To give not to receive. That way you will live in peace with you and with everybody.
And for religion, we need religion. We need a place to go and worship whatever God we want. But remembering not to be fanatics. Is about the message not the messenger.
Where is the religion? What i mainly see, are testimonies from people who did things God's way, while the world ridiculed them. The B.I.B.L.E is for everyone. WHOEVER. If loving each other is "religious", well...not sure what to say.

Also, keep in mind, it was the religious LEADERS that called for the execution of Jesus. They wanted HIM crucified. Just like they want to crucify you.

I can give you a dozen scriptures that are being USED AGAINST YOU! Terror is just one of them. "God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of POWER, LOVE and a SOUND MIND". So, again, i ask: "Where is the religion"? If you're talking OLD TESTAMENT, i'll say this: we don't live in those times, anymore. We live under Grace. And we should be thanking God for His grace, instead of cursing Him for our lives. It's not God's fault. It's ours!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ImDaMan

Awesome, so very well worded. We must keep our eyes open and walk in the spirit. Especially with what is yet to come, and not be deceived.

You explained this so clearly, I like it!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Where is the religion? What i mainly see, are testimonies from people who did things God's way, while the world ridiculed them. The B.I.B.L.E is for everyone. WHOEVER. If loving each other is "religious", well...not sure what to say.

Also, keep in mind, it was the religious LEADERS that called for the execution of Jesus. They wanted HIM crucified. Just like they want to crucify you.

I can give you a dozen scriptures that are being USED AGAINST YOU! Terror is just one of them. "God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of POWER, LOVE and a SOUND MIND". So, again, i ask: "Where is the religion"? If you're talking OLD TESTAMENT, i'll say this: we don't live in those times, anymore. We live under Grace. And we should be thanking God for His grace, instead of cursing Him for our lives. It's not God's fault. It's ours!

I think that you are misinterpreting me. When I said religion, I speaking about Christians, Muslims, Buddhist, Shintoism, etc... And all of them have their own book of rules, principles, laws, morals and dogmas. And the Bible is specific for the Christians.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Abednego Wrote:

"Where is the religion"? If you're talking OLD TESTAMENT, i'll say this: we don't live in those times, anymore. We live under Grace. And we should be thanking God for His grace, instead of cursing Him for our lives. It's not God's fault. It's ours!"

Wait...your quoting the Old Testament in your Bible Study..
So are you saying you believe that the Old Testament is expired or somehow irrelevant?
edit on 9121414 by Eliyahu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eliyahu
Abednego Wrote:

"Where is the religion"? If you're talking OLD TESTAMENT, i'll say this: we don't live in those times, anymore. We live under Grace. And we should be thanking God for His grace, instead of cursing Him for our lives. It's not God's fault. It's ours!"

Wait...your quoting the Old Testament in your Bible Study..
So are you saying you believe that the Old Testament is expired or somehow irrelevant?
The Old Testament was a type and shadow of things, yet to come. Did you not see how i intertwined the two, during my sermon? That's what you have to do, when you STUDY God's word. You can't read it like a "book".

When Jesus said: "Give us this day our daily bread", He wasn't talking food. lol What He was saying is: Give us a word from you, daily. How do i come to that conclusion? Well, Jesus also said: "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD. You have to actually put in some work, in order for the BIBLE to make sense. Nothing is irrelevant, except the laws of the old. We don't live in the Old Testament laws. We live under the law of L.O.V.E. Plain, and pretty simple.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
When SHTF, it will be too late for repentance. Y'all better get right, ASAP, or not. You'll probably wait til SHTF, then, you'll be screaming "OMG". But, why should HE respond to your call, when you never responded to HIS? God doesn't send people to Hell. Hell will be your choice because you didn't believe it existed.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here's more food for thought, regarding other "religious books". Maybe the SPIRIT OF GOD allowed those books to be published, so people from all lands and tongues, can't say: "We didn't know". I'm pretty sure, those other "religious books" are close to each other, if not similar; in the form that they were written, with the only difference being culture.

God is a big God.

People want DOOM? Yeah well, after DOOM hits, Hell awaits thee; or not. lol Question is: are you REALLY willing to take that ETERNAL RISK????

"I didn't know", won't be a sufficient excuse; just to let you know. He allowed HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON to suffer. Imagine what's in store for YOU. Again, it won't be God's doing. It will all be, by your choice. Choose wisely.

Not trying to scare anyone with "religion", i'm just saying: People are playing with God; mocking Him; flipping Him the bird; and it's a very dangerous game. Look around. Look around. Look around. Are things getting better??? Haven't you noticed, the more we flip God off, the worse things are getting. You can't see the water boiling in the pot? You don't hear of "wars and rumors of wars"? You don't see men being "lovers of themselves"??? You don't see, TPTB are getting more powerful; while you barely have enough power to get out of bed, without popping a pill?

IS ANYTHING REGISTERING TO YOU, other than DOOM porn???

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
ImDaMan Wrote:

"We don't live in the Old Testament laws"

I disagree. The Torah (God's Law) is Eternal.
Yeshua lived and died by the Torah so how is it that his followers only have to follow some vague L.O.V.E thing?

Also IMO the word "Hell" is essentially a meaningless mis-translation.

In the regular bible the hebrew word Sheol is erroneously translated to the word "Hell"
Sheol means grave or pit and refers to "a place of darkness to which all the dead go, both the righteous and the unrighteous, regardless of the moral choices made in life, a place of stillness and darkness cut off from life and from God."

The Hebrew word Gehenna is closer in meaning to the word hell...but still does not at all match the classic idea of "Hell"

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eliyahu
ImDaMan Wrote:

"We don't live in the Old Testament laws"

I disagree. The Torah (God's Law) is Eternal.
Yeshua lived and died by the Torah so how is it that his followers only have to follow some vague L.O.V.E thing?

In the regular bible the hebrew word Sheol is erroneously translated to the word "Hell"
Sheol means grave or pit and refers to "a place of darkness to which all the dead go, both the righteous and the unrighteous, regardless of the moral choices made in life, a place of stillness and darkness cut off from life and from God."

The Hebrew word Gehenna is closer in meaning to the word hell...but still does not at all match the classic idea of "Hell"

so how is it that his followers only have to follow some vague L.O.V.E thing?
Because Jesus fulfilled the law, when He said: "It is finished". He also preached about it.

Mark 12:28-29

28One of the teachers of the law (religious leader) came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.e 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’f 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’g There is no commandment greater than these.”

In the oldest manuscripts available, the Hebrew word sheol appears 65 times. The King James Version translates this Hebrew word sheol, 31 times as "hell," 31 times as "grave," and 3 times as "pit." So in the "Old Testiment," the KJ version uses the word "hell" 31 times, but it interesting to note that the same Hebrew word Sheol was also translated into two other words, "grave" and "pit." In the "New Testiment," the King James Version translates the Greek word "hades" in all 10 places it occurs, as "hell." The King James Version also uses the word "hell" or "hellfire" when translating the Greek word "Gehenna" 12 times. Other Bible translations translate the Hebrew word sheol and Greek word hades in different ways, some don't use the English word "hell" at all, instead transliterating the Hebrew and Greek words directly as "sheol" and "hades."

Also note the greek word "tartaroos" or tartarus from which Hell is translated in 2 Peter 2:4 which describes the deeps parts of the dark pit where the fallen angels are reserved for punishment. This is the same place the demons in the swine did not want Jesus to send them; that is, the Abyss. Also, consider a careful study in the same context of 2 Peter and that is 2 Peter 2:9 which places the deceased wicked in the same place as the fallen angels. Study that verse in the original language or using various clearer versions of the Bible like The English Standard Version. www.answers.com...
Here's a question, would you like to spend eternity in a grave or pit???

The thing is, people aren't afraid of Hell because there are no records of it. No one has ever come back from the grave and warned us. However, there have been near death experiences depicting such a place.

Read this testimony
A Journey to the Depths of Hell

An account was sent our way a while back by a hospice nurse in Michigan. We are keeping names out of it. It has to do with a man, a dying patient, whom she called Alan. He was succumbing to bladder cancer that had metastasized "everywhere."

On his deathbed, Alan, 77, a former engineer who owned his own company, allegedly recounted (this is fairly recently) how he'd had a near-death episode twenty-two years before, during open-heart surgery. She recorded it in detail.

It was an event, he told the hospice nurse, that had drastically changed his life -- for "Alan" had been shown hell by the Archangel Michael, at the direction of Jesus, Who saved him after much pleading but nonetheless wanted him to take back an idea of what his fate would have been had he died at that particular moment.
Click the link for further read.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Geesh, 1 measly flag for this thread? I can see, people aren't interested in the things of the Spirit. They're only interested in doom and gloom. But again, like i said, when it comes upon you; like a thief in the night....REMEMBER THIS THREAD! Society wants doom and gloom and haven't even purchased eternal life insurance? Careful what you wish for.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
ImDaMan Wrote:

"Because Jesus fulfilled the law, when He said: "It is finished". He also preached about it."

Mark 12:28-29

28One of the teachers of the law (religious leader) came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.e 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’f 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’g There is no commandment greater than these.”
----------------

Saying "there is no commandment greater than these" does not mean ..
"Ignore the teaching of the Torah."

Gehinnom is a real place, I have had the great misfortune of visiting there once.
It is a place of impure spirits..."hell like"...indeed, very much so.

One does not spend eternity there as a cut and dried punishment for "sinning" that's not what the Torah says and that's not how it works IMO.

The amount of time spent there depends on the individual case, however there really is no linear time in that place
so saying it's an eternity can be misleading. Yeshua has been known to deliver people from that place, so it is really never too late.
Even when it is too late.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ego doesn't count as being the man or bigger than anyone, in fact it is the exact opposite, there is no substances in the words of ego, so they can all be discounted, why? Because the ego is maya, or delusion.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I consider my self a Christian who does not believe in Religion. I love this post. Many people get caught up in religion and listen to what preachers and teachers and scientists and friends say, and fail to read the Word of God. The Book of Romans details how you should live, and how you should conduct yourself in your faith. The old testament is history, which can be confirmed, and show how God interacts with people, the new testament is how to be a Christian, and what is to come.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikefougnie

I consider my self a Christian who does not believe in Religion. I love this post. Many people get caught up in religion and listen to what preachers and teachers and scientists and friends say, and fail to read the Word of God. The Book of Romans details how you should live, and how you should conduct yourself in your faith. The old testament is history, which can be confirmed, and show how God interacts with people, the new testament is how to be a Christian, and what is to come.
I wonder if people would like to know the Word of God, regarding spanking a child. lol

Proverbs 23:13-15

13 Do not withhold correction from a child, For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die. 14 You shall beat him with a rod, And deliver his soul from hell

Proverbs 20:30

Blows that hurt cleanse away evil, As do stripes the inner depths of the heart.[a]

Every answer to life, can be found in God's word.
Hosea 4:6

6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.

I'm still waiting for someone to point out the "religion" in the B.I.B.L.E. People call it a religious book, and have never even studied it.

2Timothy 2:15

15 Study to show yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Any volunteers that can show me the RELIGION, in God's word???? Any B.I.B.L.E. bashers out there??? lol Come on people. You're quick to label someone, when they mention the B.I.B.L.E., and i'm waiting for a good debate. Anyone out there????

top topics

join