It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pushy TSA Agent Attempts To Screen Passenger AFTER He Lands At Destination

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Is that what it was? I thought that man just recorded all of his boring life!

The lists are just another harassment scam. Driving and taking the train is usually the same amount of time after the airport waits are taken into consideration.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yes, that's what I wondered after seeing the second video you posted. They seemed to know there would be some enhanced screening.

I wonder if he foolishly threatened someone during his father's conflict with the city? Seems like that could get you on a watch list.

Watch list or not, he was screened and was already done with the flight, what right do they have to grab him again.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

Is that what it was? I thought that man just recorded all of his boring life!

The lists are just another harassment scam. Driving and taking the train is usually the same amount of time after the airport waits are taken into consideration.

It isn't just airports anymore. Bus and Train stations are also being patrolled. For some odd reason, we just don't hear about them so much.......

T.S.A. Expands Duties Beyond Airport Security

With little fanfare, the agency best known for airport screenings has vastly expanded its reach to sporting events, music festivals, rodeos, highway weigh stations and train terminals. Not everyone is happy.

T.S.A. and local law enforcement officials say the teams are a critical component of the nation’s counterterrorism efforts, but some members of Congress, auditors at the Department of Homeland Security and civil liberties groups are sounding alarms. The teams are also raising hackles among passengers who call them unnecessary and intrusive.

“Our mandate is to provide security and counterterrorism operations for all high-risk transportation targets, not just airports and aviation,” said John S. Pistole, the administrator of the agency. “The VIPR teams are a big part of that.”

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

How come this video currently have 26 views though 39 flags? Weird...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

YouTube doesn't always update video views in real-time. Also, not all ATS members are in a position to watch an embedded/linked video, that's why we ask for descriptions when people post videos.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
We're working on getting an interview with him for NLBS. Stay tuned.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

That's good to know. It still takes waaaaay less time to travel on Amtrak than the lines at airports.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The way that TSA agent was pulling at his blue latex gloves creeped me right out!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Give a person a uniform and....

I know they're not all like this, they have to maintain an image of crotch-grabbery and oppression. Collective authority, mob mentality, the clout and the perks, the knowledge that you can and will come down hard on someone if you choose to with little oversight. Not good, it's plagued humanity since the first police officer was presented with a polished, fire-hardened wooden club.

Funny story, in SFO 8 years ago I got lost late at night after arriving 3 hours before my flight out. I had anticipated delays due to security and traffic, etc. In a maze of high-risk areas that only had the comforting warmth of cameras for reassurance, I finally found one worker.

She was a TSA agent, an older woman. I was civil and politely asked her how to get to the correct location. In very friendly, down to earth words she said something along the lines of:

"Now, if you go that way you have to go alllll the way around. Through the security checkpoint, belongings in the plastic bins. You really want to do that?" she spoke calmly. Then said "If you go through there, to the left, you bypass those spots. Saves you a whole lot of trouble."

Now, I considered that she was a possible ploy, meaning after I did in fact go to where she said that there would be searches and agents anyway. But there wasn't. She could've come down hard on me, scolded me for being in the wrong area, used her roll of red tape and giftwrapped me for her superiors but she didn't.

The uniform is a source of power. How that power is channeled and utilized is up to the person wearing it.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
We're working on getting an interview with him for NLBS. Stay tuned.

Awesome!! Keep us posted
edit on 12-9-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

He shared this news story on his Facebook, with the comment, "Hopefully soon I can clear the name" …
Federal Court Sides With ACLU in No Fly List Lawsuit

A federal court ruled late yesterday that constitutional rights are at stake when the government places Americans on the No Fly List, agreeing with the plaintiffs in a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union.

It appears as though he knew he was on some kind of list.

I know there is a no fly list.

I didn't know there was a let them fly but hassle him every step of the way list.

Interesting videos. Keep us informed.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I hope he has sense enough to rent a car for the return trip back home. I'd hate to think of how they would trump up charges for him once he got back in their grubby hands.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I was wondering if they were looking for his work documents. That information could be very valuable to someone.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It appears as though he knew he was on some kind of list.

He says he has known for three years, so how many other incidents has he had that he didn't get recorded.

Kahler Nygard, 23, says he found out three years ago that he was on the federal "no fly" list. Nygard says the government wouldn't tell him why and he insists he has no connection to terrorism.

www.9news.com...

Gotta love the screening process we have for TSA agent's, or should I say lack of.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am not sure but, I think you are not supposed to record the TSA Security procedure.

CNN.com

Turns out as long as you don't record their monitors.

The video alone could of triggered that TSA response.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
They - the TSA - seemed to know exactly who he was after he deplaned. They were waiting specifically for him. If he hadn't been properly screened at the front end, why would the TSA agents there be calling their opposite numbers rather than not letting him through the screening area to the plane?

I don't understand the drama with the boarding pass (as it's for BOARDING a plane, not getting off one), and how important it seemed to be to the TSA agent's superior on the phone. We know there are codes in the barcode and serial numbers on a boarding pass, so it may hold some clue to what they were looking for.

I guess I'm getting tired of this, "Am I being detained?" "No, but if you don't do what I say I'm going to arrest you"!!!
The TSA guy had been ordered to re-screen him! By whom? Why? That's what needs to be out in the open.
Kudos to him for walking away and inviting them to call the PD.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
We don't need the NSA, TSA or Homeland Security, go back to the Evil Egg from whence you came.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the TSA is supposed to catch terrorists before they fly. This gentleman has clearly been targeted for other reasons....most likely because he has something that is disadvantageous to moneybags and can change the status-quo.

"We have caught many terrorists and saved thousands of lives as a consequence"........said no TSA agent ever.

EPIC FAIL.......again.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Sublimecraft because: spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I could possible understand checking for cannibus flying out of Denver but flying in?

Arlo Guthrie

Coming in from London from over the Pole
Flying in a big airliner
Chickens flying everywhere around the plane
Could we ever feel much finer?

Coming into Los Angeles
Bringing in a couple of keys
But don't touch my bags if you please
Mister Customs Man

Read more: - Coming Into Los Angeles Lyrics | MetroLyrics

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
what right do they have to grab him again.

Thanks to the Patriot Act, they have every right because he is deemed a terrorist.

Awesome law innit.

God Bless America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join