It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pushy TSA Agent Attempts To Screen Passenger AFTER He Lands At Destination

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Kahler Nygard recently shared this video of himself being harassed for additional screening of himself and his bags, AFTER his flight landed, and entered the terminal at Denver International Airport. TSA employee Alex Grossman kept trying to compel Kahler to go to a private area for "additional screening," without ever confirming that Kahler was being detainer, or specifically why additional post-flight screening was necessary. The TSA agent indicated that Denver police would be contacted to arrest Kahler, but that never happened.

Kahler speculates (on copblock) that the harassment is because of his family's experimental wind technology, www.gogreenenergyonline.com..., which has become a separate fight with authorities.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yet another reason to avoid flying. Not everyone has the patience to handle stupidity correctly. This is just sad.

+28 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

"...we will have you apprehended for refusing our direction...I'm just following orders..."

What country and year is this in again?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Wow! The screener clearly is saying it would have been handled differently without the "filming".
We all know that we no longer have rights, they can detain you no law need be applied. I feel like we live behind the old Russian wall!

I wonder what happened after...

edit on 12-9-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Yeah..I'm afraid of flying anyway...these days you couldn't pay me to fly.
I would have to be knocked out like B.A.

edit on 9121414 by Eliyahu because: cuz

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If he was the only one from MN thet required a screening after the flight, I'd say it is harassment. Or, an incompetent screening at MN. I believe the first thought. a reply to: SkepticOverlord

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Rank Amatuers...

Am I being detained seems to baffle and confuse some LE.

I would just leave. Call the cops at least they are real LE.

The TSA needs to be defunded.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

WTF?

I could understand if the airline asked for ticket information but why the TSA?

He makes the perfect point, that he already flew without incident...

*Edit.

I think I cracked the code. The BSA ("Bull Sh*t Administration") let him through the security line without properly checking his ID and boarding pass. Maybe they missed screening him altogether and they are now trying to CYA ("cover their a**es").

Hows that the passenger's problem?

edit on 12-9-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

They will say some bs about how he was smuggling peanuts off the plane if they get backed into a corner over this. It definitly seems like a sort of first or a new low for the toilet saftey admin.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

wow thats insane.

If they want an ever apprehensive population then they should continue with this crap. The US will only get more dangerous for law enforcement.

edit on 9 12 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Here's the related story about his family's technology…

Orono Man Faces Possible Jail Time for Wind Turbine

Nygard sells the wind turbines in other cities and would like the opportunity to do the same in Orono. The Orono City Manager did not answer our request for an on-camera interview and asked us to call an attorney who is representing the city in this three-year legal battle.

Orono resident sues city over ban on wind turbines

Jay Nygard filed the lawsuit Thursday, the latest step in his more than three-year dispute with the west metro suburb. He argues that it’s his right to have the 29-foot-tall wind turbine in his back yard and that the city’s ordinance prohibiting it oversteps state law.

“It’s about my property rights,” he said. “And I want to prevent other people from having to go through what I’ve had to.”

Cities are increasingly regulating renewable energy projects. Orono moved to do so last December when all wind energy conversion systems were prohibited in the city.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Eliyahu

I'm not afraid of the actual flight. I just can't handle interacting with dumbazzes that "just do their job".

I am more likely to be arrested for running my mouth than actually commiting a crime.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
And, a Fox News affiliate story on the incident at the Denver airport.

Orono man on watch list gets TSA scrutiny too late

It's not a story one wants to hear right before the anniversary of 9/11, but Fox 9 News has confirmed an Orono, Minn., man flying to Denver was on a watch list that should have singled him out for screening -- but that didn't happen.

Most people have heard about the TSA's "no-fly" list, but this man was on something similar known as "the selectee list." The estimated 14,000 people on that list are still allowed to fly, but are selected for more rigorous screening and searches than other travelers. Yet, that's not how it worked a few days ago -- not even close.

Apparently, fighting government agencies regarding innovative home-grown alternative energy puts you on the TSA's "selectee list."

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

It doesn't make much sense.

How would the TSA have any jurisdiction in this matter ?

I have never seen TSA detain anybody after the flight.

I think something happened on the plane.

Seems a big leap to think that his company is the reason for TSA harassment.

Maybe he is right. If he is, he needs to get a Lawyer.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It turns out, he did get a thorough screening at the Minneapolis airport prior to flying to Denver. His friend recorded it.

Full pat-down prior to boarding which conflicts with the TSA/airline statements in the Fox News affiliate story above.

This gets strange.
edit on 12-9-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It is strange.

Seems hard to believe this was because of his father's wind turbine business troubles with a municipality.

Something else must have been going on.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

He shared this news story on his Facebook, with the comment, "Hopefully soon I can clear the name" …
Federal Court Sides With ACLU in No Fly List Lawsuit

A federal court ruled late yesterday that constitutional rights are at stake when the government places Americans on the No Fly List, agreeing with the plaintiffs in a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union.

It appears as though he knew he was on some kind of list.
edit on 12-9-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yes it is strange but there is a link now days between towns and the tsa and that is the homeland security database. So while it seems like something new it is definitly a possiblity that it is happening because of wind energy.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Yes, that's what I wondered after seeing the second video you posted. They seemed to know there would be some enhanced screening.

I wonder if he foolishly threatened someone during his father's conflict with the city? Seems like that could get you on a watch list.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Damn shame!

Those that screamed about Bush and the Patriot ACT sit in silence with Obama and the NDAA.....

Freedom is not about political ideologies, look at where that has gotten us........

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join