It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal government grounds all UPS flights on 9/11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The Air Traffic Control System Command Center (ATCSCC) advisory reads: “Stop all UPS flights regardless of destination.”

Federal government grounds all UPS flights on 9/11?

I did not see this posted anywhere and its my first thread ever, so please excuse any mistakes

I found this very strange that there was so little news on this.

It says "REASON: AIRLINE COMPUTER ISSUES" but that's a very drastic move for such a large company?

Some social media chatter has said that there were some weather issues such as Volcanic Activity but that would not be a cause for them all to be grounded and why only UPS?

Anyone?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well that is interesting.
Was not specific enough though.
Maybe they were trying to prevent something getting out or in.
And had enough info to tie it to UPS.

Nice find.

Edit: just searched Google.
All the sources are second hand web sites. But most are saying computer issues.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gazzerman

I don't know much about aviation but that does seem strange.. Wasn't there something a while ago about being able to hack an airline's computer system and screw up the flight paths and such?
Hopefully zaphod will come along and throw his 2 cents in

ETA: here's the link to what I was reffering to above www.cnn.com...
Maybe they had a security breach regarding their computers and grounded the planes as a precaution
edit on 12-9-2014 by Banquo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

perhaps some caution, as the unkowns of the 2nd CME kick in ? ... or has that happened already .. i just nipped out for a few hours

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
:

ATCSCC ADVZY 010 DCC 09/11/14 UPS GROUND STOP
DESTINATION AIRPORT: ALL
FACILITIES INCLUDED: ALL
GROUND STOP PERIOD: 11/0315Z - 11/0430Z
REASON: AIRLINE COMPUTER ISSUES
REMARKS: STOP ALL UPS FLIGHTS REGARDLESS OF DESTINATION

14/09/11 03:35 DCCOPS./nfs/lxstn25

Only for an hour, Reboot ?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Banquo

I don't know much about aviation but that does seem strange.. Wasn't there something a while ago about being able to hack an airline's computer system and screw up the flight paths and such?
Hopefully zaphod will come along and throw his 2 cents in

ETA: here's the link to what I was reffering to above www.cnn.com...
Maybe they had a security breach regarding their computers and grounded the planes as a precaution

Thanks for that source update.
I seem to recall Zaphod saying on an old Malaysian thread it's not possible.
The pilot would override a hack.
We'll see what he says.
:-)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: foxhound2459
:

ATCSCC ADVZY 010 DCC 09/11/14 UPS GROUND STOP
DESTINATION AIRPORT: ALL
FACILITIES INCLUDED: ALL
GROUND STOP PERIOD: 11/0315Z - 11/0430Z
REASON: AIRLINE COMPUTER ISSUES
REMARKS: STOP ALL UPS FLIGHTS REGARDLESS OF DESTINATION

14/09/11 03:35 DCCOPS./nfs/lxstn25

Only for an hour, Reboot ?

Hahaa!
Once you re-typed it like that. And I re read it.
It makes sense..

edit on 12-9-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: foxhound2459

Huh.. I didn't notice it was only for an hour, reboot seems completely plausible

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Segenam

perhaps some caution, as the unkowns of the 2nd CME kick in ? ... or has that happened already .. i just nipped out for a few hours

We are apparently in a geomagnetic storm from both flares hitting at about the same time. The second flare was more energetic and had a higher velocity than the first.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ah, nice catch foxhound2459, I did not see that time frame at first glance.

Wow Banquo nice article. Fascinating to see so many vulnerabilities yet the TSA is still looking for box cutters.

I wonder what computer issues would require a “Stop all UPS flights regardless of destination.”

What concern would the ATCSCC have had regarding all those flights? Is there a vulnerability in the UPS system that could have larger implications?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I said it isn't possible to hack the PLANE, not the ground systems. But once the flight plans are filed they're in the hands of the FAA.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I happen to work at a UPS facility. We were driving packages to the airport all day yesterday, at least during my 5 p.m. - 11 p.m. shift. I don't know if they were actually being put on planes, but we did have multiple guys scanning the same packages all day, supposedly because "packages were missing".

I think this was because our new hires simply were not scanning the packages, and also because at the end of the night we stop scanning to as to meet quotas and fudge the numbers, making it seem like our trucks departed on time.

Who knows. There is a load of bull that goes on at UPS. For instance, we just installed two metal detectors in the guard office. The entrance detector has never been turned on, and the exit detector is located between two metal doors, rendering it useless if the doors are closed. When they are open, our security guard just says "come one go through" and doesn't know people have to stand within the machine for a few seconds for it to detect anything.

Now they are cutting our hours to save money.

Go figure...

Most of the training happens on the job. We got guys that don't even know what trucks they are in, and don't break jams because they don't know they are being yelled at. Guys throwing packages, putting hazmats on the belt (you should never do this).

I wouldn't be surprised if someone was just pressed the wrong button or flipped the wrong switch in the case. The other day someone DID flip the wrong switch. Try loading a big rig in the dark with just a low-level laser scanner.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Aperture because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2014 by Aperture because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Bigburgh

I said it isn't possible to hack the PLANE, not the ground systems. But once the flight plans are filed they're in the hands of the FAA.

Thanks

top topics

join