It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winners of High-Profile Smart Gun Design Challenge are Afraid to Come out Publicly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm calling BS on the title of this thread.Group Gives 17 Year Old $50,000 For His Gun Innovation

The inventor's name is "Kai Kloepfer". It doesn't sound like he's hiding to me. The Blaze isn't anti-gun and the comments there read pretty much like the comments here.
edit on 12-9-2014 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum
My only concern is can the weapons be disable with a signal from the powers to be who can shut down you cell phone at will.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer
My only concern is can the weapons be disable with a signal from the powers to be who can shut down you cell phone at will.

Or ... somebody comes up with a hack that causes the weapon to fire anytime they want to.

Electronic Technologies + Guns = Really Bad Ideas.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I like the fingerprint model. I am not so keen on wireless models.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I, as you am sympathetic to their cause, but it ends there. At large I feel it's not the retards droolin' in front of their tv to blame, but everyone as a whole. It's gone beyond the point of the average person having a say, let alone making a difference.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Yes I think there is a place for these as you mentioned before such as law enforcement. How would things at Ferguson have gone down if the threat or excuse of the officers weapon had been gone for. The gun owner with kids that wants to keep one by his bed. I would interested in one of those because I remember when I was a kid that no matter where my dad put his or even in the safe I found a way to get to them and took them out more than a few times shooting. Like father like son.

It is a shame people feel the need to threaten others because of this. Seems many were not secure with the free market. Now as far as legislation goes that is a battle that must be fought with votes and courts.

Truth. No matter where my dad kept his firearms and handguns growing up in NaziYork I always had access. It's all about the individual, but I was shooting at seven. I gained and learned tremendous respect for firearms and their counterparts.

I am responsible and slightly out of control when I practice at times. Gotta get the adrenaline flowin'.
edit on 12-9-2014 by tompumped because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I believe the problem is not that people are against the technology, they are against it being mandatory. And the fear (rightly so) is that if it's allowed to take any foothold the government WILL make it mandatory.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join