It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In sworn affidavit, programmer says he developed vote-rigging prototype for Florida congressman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Curtis wrote a program that could manipulate the vote at a particular voting machine in a particular voting precinct.

Using hidden touch screen buttons, he could flip the vote for his candidate, if that candiate were losing, to a 51% margin. The remaining 49% gets split up among the remaining candidates. This ensures his candiate will win the vote with a minimum of 51% of the vote.

This can be done as many times as necessary.

Curtis gave program on CD, and attendant notes, to the owner of the company.

Question: What programmer does not have at least the original copy of the program used to burn the CD? Why didn't/can't he produce the original program?

It seems that for the program to be effective, the person manipulating the hidden buttons would have to be the last voter in line. After all, he cannot vote multiple times.

Or else, many of these clandestine voters would be needed to participate across the state. The more people involved in a scam, the less likely it's chances to succeed or stay hidden.

Finally, Curtis says that the program could remain invisible once it had been compiled into the final code.

Whatever has been compiled can be uncompiled.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The source codes for voting machines are proprietary trade secrets, even with a sopena you would not be able to examine them, see my posts on the legal issues in The Diebold Factor thread for more information, yes, once implemented, they would remain invisible. Similar questionable software has been found on diebold and ESS voting machines before, one of the reasons the State of California initiated the Criminal investigations against voting machine makers. How can you possibly take the role of an apologist on this issue by saying it was only for one machine in one area? Jesus, the principle alone is enough, but when considered along with the hundreds of other factors surrounding electronic voting machines and their political affiliations, you'd have to be a pretty damned hard core Bushie to ignore this, worse yet justify it by trying to argue it was a limited occurance. It wasn't limited, hell man, by some estimates 80% of the US vote is unaccountable now.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
The source codes for voting machines are proprietary trade secrets, even with a sopena you would not be able to examine them, see my posts on the legal issues in The Diebold Factor thread for more information, yes, once implemented, they would remain invisible. How can you possibly take the role of an apologist on this issue by saying it was only for one machine in one area? Jesus, the principle alone is enough, but when considered along with the hundreds of other factors surrounding electronic voting machines and their political affiliations, you'd have to be a pretty damned hard core Bushie to ignore this, worse yet justify it by trying to argue it was a limited occurance. It wasn't limited, hell man, by some estimates 80% of the US vote is unaccountable now.

First of all, just because I question an allegation does not make me an apologist or hard core Bushie anymore than it makes you a kool-aid drinking sheeple fanatic willing to believe anything as long as it is against the current administration. So grow up and stop it with the personal attacks.

Did you read what you wrote? Did you read the programmer's affidavit? No, you didn't, because otherwise you wouldn't try to free-associate these kind of statements " It wasn't limited, hell man, by some estimates 80% of the US vote is unaccountable now"

Do you understand what you are implying? DO YOU? You are implying with that statement that this program was spread over 80% of the US vote. How can you be so obtuse?

Do you know anything about computer programming? Have you ever heard of a checksum? Have you ever heard of a decompiler? Or reverse engineering?

Then you say this:

Jesus, the principle alone is enough, but when considered along with the hundreds of other factors surrounding electronic voting machines and their political affiliations, you'd have to be a pretty damned hard core Bushie to ignore this

What you really mean is, someone has thrown out a wild-eyed allegation that feeds your inner desire to believe that the election was stolen, so that's proof enough for you that it's all tied together.

I don't know what else to say to you, except that I hope your critical thinking skills improve as you leave your teenage years. Good luck to you.

EDIT Typos

[edit on 7-12-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Well jsobecky, I don't know about 80% either, but jeez. If you know about the last minute, uncertified updates that were done to many diebold machines, it sure makes me wonder to what extent this could have proliferated. Claims of over 26,000 anomalies were recorded, across the country, in one story I read. Man again, at this point, I just want it fixed, like so many other people. I mean cmon, this is our voting system. Can't we even depend on that anymore?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
jsobecky, I have devoted an enormous amount of research into electronic voting machines. If you took offense to my post then my apologies but I am far from teenaged, and would be more than happy to educate you further. I take equal offense watching folks like yourself try to justify the decimation and lack of accountibility of our electoral process, and yes I said 80%. Educate yourself, www.abovetopsecret.com...
Then come back and tell me how you plan to reverse engineer software when you aren't privy to source code. FYI, Diebold has already been busted installing questionable (at best) software on voting machines. All the reverse engineering in the world won't do you a bit of good, the election has already taken place. Would you be soo apt to defend this practice if Diebold was affiliated with the Democratic party if Kerry or Gore had won?

Edit: Syntax

[edit on 7-12-2004 by twitchy]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I doubt very much if you could educate me at all in the area of computer engineering, much less anything else. Your statements regarding source code and reverse engineering show your lack of knowledge in the sciences.

I am not defending the electronic voting system. If you knew anything about me, you would see that I have said at least a dozen times here on ATS that those who designed and sold these systems should be fired.

It is easy for you to be misled by "programmers" who say with authority that it is so easy to sabotage software without leaving any tracks. These are usually low-end programmers who do not have the experience to back up their claims.

You must also blame the states who spent their HAVA funds on this Diebold junk. Notice how much wider and wider the conspiracy that you are trying to sell becomes, until every poor simpleton voter in America has had his vote manipulated by the millions of conspirators necessary to cary out your fantastic plot.

Please: the slogan "Deny Ignorance" does not mean "Abandon reason and Common Sense."

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It's important to recognize the "brush stroke" of the art, as an understanding of the overall asthetic.
It all needed to dovetail:

- the media has to question nothing, so that the lone voices , like a Keith Olbermann, are only passingly recognized

- the fairy tale of America being split, with equal support for Bush, was also constantly marketed. I travel & sit on numerous con calls each day, all with a national emphasis. For those of us who travel invery mixed & diverse circles, we saw overwhelmingly more against a Bush second term than for it - from the Carolinas to California, there were diff issues & more vehemence from sectors, but it was not for Bush.

- With the above ground work, only a little tipping was needed. So that even if an area was sloppy & gave to many Bush votes, it still looked statistically plausible.

- It still has come down to Republican State secretaries somehow being Republican Party Chairman or co chairs, ruling over the vote rolls ( also touched by the DIebolds & ES&S groups since they are paid to run the tabulation data even for paper ballot areas ), the certification or lack there of regarding the kiosks, and the final say in when or if a recount happens.

If you fail to acknowledge that, maybe the hardcore Bushie label applies, no? I clearly see that as Ignorance Embraced

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Cheating in america?!?! No way?!? Really?

I thought the country was founded on the idea of duping poor people in to coming to work there for no social security or health benefits.
Well they started duping poor europeans once they couldn't force africans to make the trip anymore.

Look america is disneyland for the rich, desinged specifically for their pleasure and even more specifically designed to exploit the poor and ethnic. A industrialists playground if you will...

No ifs or buts just read the history books. Now you act all surprised that you have been completely dis-enfranchised?

[edit on 7/12/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
How many more times do I have to read this dribble. Get over it.....or get OUT.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

We're sorry to shake your world up. If you can't handle it, than perhaps you should stop reading it or "get OUT."

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven

According to his affidavit, Yang, his employer, later informed him that the software might be used to �control the vote in South Florida.� He says that he would never have developed the software had he known its alleged ultimate purpose

Biggest bunch of BS ever, the knife cuts both ways and everybody knows it. The fact that the dude thought he was coding to prevent abuse by Democrats shows he knew the potential for abuse, but convienently decided to look away from the other side of the political specturm in regards to potential abuse. I wondder how much side money the dude was intially paid, and what caused him to roll over in the end?

If this isint an argument for Open Source I don't know what is. Only in closed source is something like this possible

I have to agree with you this does not smell right infact rather fishy to me. Anyone should have reported this if and when he was first approached to create the program. Waiting four years to make the complaint is highly suspect.

I would love to see the orignal copy of that Notary seal on the paper to see if the name on it matches that of the notary on that PDF file, the Original I mean. Also I note when he signed his name correction both did not inital the change which adds more to the mystery.

About an hour ago only one other source had this story on the web and it was under google news from the UK, none in the US, however I would think if there is anything to this certainly more will pick up on it today.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
It's important to recognize the "brush stroke" of the art, as an understanding of the overall asthetic.

- the fairy tale of America being split, with equal support for Bush, was also constantly marketed. I travel & sit on numerous con calls each day, all with a national emphasis. For those of us who travel invery mixed & diverse circles, we saw overwhelmingly more against a Bush second term than for it - from the Carolinas to California, there were diff issues & more vehemence from sectors, but it was not for Bush.

I keep hearing this, that so many people hated Bush that there was no way he could win a second term. Surprise, surprise.

- It still has come down to Republican State secretaries somehow being Republican Party Chairman or co chairs, ruling over the vote rolls ( also touched by the DIebolds & ES&S groups since they are paid to run the tabulation data even for paper ballot areas ), the certification or lack there of regarding the kiosks, and the final say in when or if a recount happens.

Except that the votes were monitored, and the paper votes tabulated, by a bipartisan group in every state.

And once again, blame the states for spending their HAVA funds on a piece of crap.

If you fail to acknowledge that, maybe the hardcore Bushie label applies, no? I clearly see that as Ignorance Embraced

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Bout Time]

Sorry you feel that way, BT. It's just that I like to be convinced by more than allegations and accusations.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Here ya go BT....
Better get any type "controversy or contest" in before 12PM tonight, buddy, or guess what?

December 7, 2004

Date for Determination of Controversy as to Appointment of Electors
States must make final determinations of any controversies or contests as to the appointment of electors at least six days before December 13 meetings of electors for their electoral votes to be presumptively valid when presented to Congress. Determinations by States' lawful tribunals are conclusive, if decided under laws enacted prior to election day.

2004 Presidential Election: Summary of Key Dates, Events & Information

After 12pm, of the 7th, yours, and others crys, will go down in "infamy".

seekerof

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Here ya go BT....
Better get any type "controversy or contest" in before 12PM tonight, buddy, or guess what?

seekerof

jeez, you seem happy that, even it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt(which it already has to many of us) that the election was severly rigged, to the point of loss of democracy, that your breed will still use the 'laws' of the now defunct 'united states of america' to suppress justice for the people.
nice.
there is no time limit for truth and justice, and petty stupid laws made for a different time and place could be easily sidestepped through legislation, to bring true democracy back to america.
this 'get over it' attitude is SICKENING. you don't just 'get over' the murder of of your country by deceptive, evil fascists.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
all politicians cheat in elections, have some very scandaless and often illegal things going down, and such, ALL of them, its just who gets caught doing them. With power comes corruption, and having political power is like putting the One ring to rule them all on, it'll corrupt you quickly, and without remorse. Its why there is no honest politician, as to do what they do, they have to be secretive, liars, and manipulators. I wouldnt be surprised if this story was true, but to be honest, I doubt its just republicans doing it. I'm sure the Democrats are JUST AS guilty of cheating, its really all about who cheated he best, and gets away with it.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
AlternateHeaven, you assume the CIA, FBI and other federal agencies are clean and straight. I don't make that assumption. There is plenty of evidence of the CIA being complicit in drug importation to the US and they have LOTS of experience rigging elections. The FBI was run by a blackmailer [JE Hoover]. The trees don't grow far from their roots.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Duh, its not hard to do.... it just takes someone with no concience..
but yes.. Kerry conceded VERY quickly too, because his fellow S&B's member as it was planned is supposed to be good ol' pres
Dinero, i have to agree with you 100%. Kerry's whole presidential run was a total sham,imho. Our fates were sealed quite awhile ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Ya know...it may be dribble to you, but to most of this nation it is very important.

Fraud is fraud, its illegal and criminal. YOU GET OVER IT.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Here ya go BT....

December 7, 2004

Is this a statement in support of conducting fraudulent elections, stonewalling and obfuscating, then burying the crime under deadlines and artificial rules?

Shame on you. You do not deserve any freedom that you might currently enjoy, which doesn't seem to be much.

seekerof

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join