It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In sworn affidavit, programmer says he developed vote-rigging prototype for Florida congressman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

In a sworn affidavit (pdf file) Monday, a former programmer for a NASA contractor said that he developed a vote-rigging prototype at the request of a then-Florida state representative who is now a member of the U.S. House of Representatives.

www.bluelemur.com...

The power of the internet is a great thing indeed. Without such, this story would probably not be reported. While there is still much investigation involved, who will take up the word of this programmer? Does anyone expect the government to follow through on such an investigation? I for one don't, but it's good to get the word out.

This same programmer had earlier revealed a spy to the US government. Well, the ball is in the court of the House Judiciary Committee.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This is the type of crap that SO p!sses me off! This needs to be published wide spread from every hill top! It's not right, it's not fair! Where are all the bush is god people!? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Even if it is revealed to be true, nothing will become of it because it will just get buried by that dreaded left-wing media...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If true this is a VERY hot story.
I wonder if national media will pick up on this lead?
Or if Big media and the government will bury it?
If this is true it might acctually cause civil unrest.

It made me wonder about the Ukraine election. I thought they got caught there because they didn't have slick technology as the US does.
As close as the polls were going into the election I am/was skeptical of GWB getting such a solid victory.

Electronic polling without verifiable paper trail is insane. Please wake up America.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

According to his affidavit, Yang, his employer, later informed him that the software might be used to �control the vote in South Florida.� He says that he would never have developed the software had he known its alleged ultimate purpose

Biggest bunch of BS ever, the knife cuts both ways and everybody knows it. The fact that the dude thought he was coding to prevent abuse by Democrats shows he knew the potential for abuse, but convienently decided to look away from the other side of the political specturm in regards to potential abuse. I wondder how much side money the dude was intially paid, and what caused him to roll over in the end?

If this isint an argument for Open Source I don't know what is. Only in closed source is something like this possible

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Whoa. Read the whole original article. This is very scary. 51%. Look at the election results. My God. Help us.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This story is being looked at by some analysts as another Karl Rove type set-up in the fashion that the "Memogate" scandal caught out Dan Rather.

The fact is, election fraud was widespread.

The fact was, Bush's military record is full of embarrassing holes.

But if you run a story that ends up being a 'fraud' about Bush, then viewers or readers end up off the scent, thinking that the original allegation was untrue.

It has been done before. It will happen again.

Unfortunately much of your populace is too dumbed down to understand the machinery of the Bush campaign of media manipulation and lies.

None of which changes the fact that US elections are conducted increasingly through voting machines that leave no paper trail and that cannot be easily audited. And that this and other channels of major fraud were used through the 2004 presidential election.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
ok, another thought occurs to me here. Given that this guy has signed a sworn affidavit to this effect, making it credible, I started thinking. Ok, so there you are, a voting implant placed in line to use these special invisible buttons on the screen in a certain sequence. It would take more time, and you can bet some of them would screw it up, to have to start over again. Tie this in with reports of exceedingly long lines at voter stations, the fact that many people were diverted to vote into new precincts. Think about it: to accomplish this, they would have had to have a certain number of inside voters planted to be responsible at nearly every voting station. And now enter the rediculous voting records where there were more votes cast than were registered voters. Machine glitches? Or screw ups by the implants? OMG.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
*Wipes the foam off mouth*

You see, its things like this that get me all riled up, and for good reason. I dont doubt its true. Sure its true.

We've been had. This story should be on every network, but of course, it isnt and NEVER will be.

Every day i hate this administration more and more and more......

*wipes more foam off*

I've had it.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The Inspector General of FDOT, Raymond Lemme, was murdered to cover this story up.

From Clinton Curtis's affidavit:

Soon thereafter, I resigned from YEI [Yang] and took another job at the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). While there, I discovered some other illegal activities of YEI, who had contracts with FDOT, involving over-billing and defrauding of the State of Florida regarding contracts that I had worked on at YEI. I reported this information to the FDOT Inspector General's office and they began harassing me and another employee Mavis Georgalis, who had made similar reports and eventually we were both fired by FDOT on the same day. We later filed whistleblower complaints against FDOT. Mrs. Georgalis was successful but mine was filed after the deadline and was dismissed.

The IG at the FDOT, Raymond Lemme, pursued some of the allegations I made against YEI, as I had advised him of the information concerning Tom Feeney and the vote fraud issue, illegal aliens employed by YEI, fallacious over-billing, and a wiretapping madule that was placed into a FDOT software program for the document management system. Mr. Lemme continued to meet and talk with me about matters relating to the case after I was fired from FDOT, and in June of 2003, he told me that he had tracked the corruption "all the way to the top", and that the story would break in the next few weeks and I would be satisfied with the results. A few weeks later, on July 1st, Mr. Lemme was found dead with his arm slashed in a hotel room in Valdosta, Georgia.

Ukraine was caught because the technology wasn't as slick.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ukraine was caught because the technology wasn't as slick.

...Or the people are a helluof a lot smarter.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The difference with the Ukraine elections was that the candidate didn't concede and the people rallied behind him.

The 2004 elections were a Skull & Bones Psy-op.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
More from Clinton Curtis's affidavit:

She [Mrs. Yang] immediately stated, "Your don't understand, in order to get the contract we have to hid the manipulation in the source code. This program is needed to control the vote in South Florida". I was shocked that they were actually trying to steal the election and told her that neither I nor anyone else could produce any such program. She stated that she would hand in what I had produced to [Now congressman] Feeney and left the room with the software.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Looks like Brother Jeb might've got his thing caught in the wringer....

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Duh, its not hard to do.... it just takes someone with no concience..
but yes.. Kerry conceded VERY quickly too, because his fellow S&B's member as it was planned is supposed to be good ol' pres

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Looks like Brother Jeb might've got his thing caught in the wringer....

there are always casualties, everyone is aware of that... if it takes someone to fall for something to be set into action so-be-it.. just like when a shuttle launches.. if u catch my analogy

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
This story is being looked at by some analysts as another Karl Rove type set-up in the fashion that the "Memogate" scandal caught out Dan Rather.

That's a very interesting take on this MA. Do you have anymore information?

The difference I see though, is that this story is not in mainstream news as Dan Rather's story was.

But, I know exactly what you mean. I was surprised to find out the other day that a certain poster thinks the 9/11 conspiracy was made up by an obscure French author. The obvious truth of course is that many people realized there was a conspiracy without "learning aides."

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Okay, I gotta get this one out, because its got my stomach reeling. I was just having a discussion with a friend about this very issue. The friend is a very staunch democrat/liberal who obviously voted Kerry in the last election. To him it was fine that this happened, and it should not be challenged now but rather dealt with in the future, only so we can save face now even if at the expense of 1000's of dollars and billions upon billions of debt. This from someone who actually voted Kerry and wanted Bush out of office in the worst kind of way.

My pondering is this: are there people out there that honestly would rather save face than have the brutal, humiliating and actual truth come out in the end? Is it really worth what we will pay now for it to give the democrats a joke of a chance to run in 2008?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
this is from a thread I just posted and it seems that it's tied to this one

Texas to Florida: White House-linked clandestine operation paid for "vote switching" software
By Wayne Madsen
On line Journal Contributing Writer

An exhaustive investigation has turned up a link between current Florida Republican Representative Tom Feeney, a customized Windows-based program to suppress Democratic votes on touch screen voting machines, a Florida computer services company with whom Feeney worked as a general counsel and registered lobbyist while he was Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives, and top level officials of the Bush administration. According to a notarized affidavit signed by Clint Curtis, while he was employed by the NASA Kennedy Space Center contractor, Yang Enterprises, Inc., during 2000, Feeney solicited him to write a program to "control the vote." At the time, Curtis was of the opinion that the program was to be used for preventing fraud in the in the 2002 election in Palm Beach County, Florida. His mind was changed, however, when the true intentions of Feeney became clear: the computer program was going to be used to suppress the Democratic vote in counties with large Democratic registrations. More

Source: www.onlinejournal.com...
Wayne Madsen is a Washington, DC-based investigative journalist and syndicated columnist.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well, people have been trying to get the news out on electronic voting since the 2000 elections, the media isn't going to report this, I have yet to hear the name Diebold even alluded to in election related news stories, much less their connections to defense industries or the GOP. Jamuhn, PLEASE post this information on the election research project or the thread called the Diebold Factor! Wake the hell up people, Bush has yet to win an election in this country legitimately, yet we put him in power for another four years?! If we let them take the electoral process (and we have apparently) then what is left for us but to sit back and watch them rape the soverignty of the American People and drag us into privatized warfare.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join