It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Democratic Unionist Party leader Ian Paisley has Died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Ian Paisley was a big character with a big booming voice and a Dog Collar ,the Reverend Ian Paisley I remember from my childhood was one of the major players in the never ending troubles of Northern Ireland in the 1970s , he was a staunch loyalist never afraid to speak his mind or stand up for what he believed in.

Martin McGuinness, Sinn Féin pays tribute.
"Over a number of decades we were political opponents and held very different views on many, many issues but the one thing we were absolutely united on was the principle that our people were better able to govern themselves than any British government," he said.

"I want to pay tribute to and comment on the work he did in the latter days of his political life in building agreement and leading unionism into a new accommodation with republicans and nationalists.
In the brief period that we worked together in the Office of the First and Deputy First Minister, I developed a close working relationship with him which developed into a friendship, which despite our many differences lasted beyond his term in office."
www.bbc.co.uk...

One of the Giants of British politics has passed , RiP Dr Paisley

edit on 12-9-2014 by gortex because: edit to add vid

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

do you know why the IRA never tried to assassinate him ? i will tell you why , it was because every time this man opened his mouth to spew his hate he had people flocking to join the IRA .

he was the IRA's best recruiting sergeant .

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That's the first good news ive read today................thanks....

new topics

join