It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Independence and Mel Gibson

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Racism against the English isn't directed at the average English person, but at the London banksters.

Er, no it is not. I have been the victim of Scottish racism. This independence industry has lit an unwelcome fire.

Regards

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: stormcell
Racism against the English isn't directed at the average English person, but at the London banksters.

Er, no it is not. I have been the victim of Scottish racism. This independence industry has lit an unwelcome fire.

Regards

Ditto
2nd line

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: helldiver

Ok the Scottish NHS is fully devolved. But Scots get an extra 1200 pounds per head in relation to the English. Are you somesort of fool ? Where do you think this money comes from, the government ?

That's tax payer's money, and the last I saw the English population outnumbered the Scots around 13/1, that's a lot of money going bye bye.

The Scottish are holding us to ransom, if they don't get a yes vote, they get devo max. What does that mean? It means more pandering to the Scots as if they are somehow owed more than the rest of us. What do we English get? Ignored..

There 's just as much hardship here in England, but as long as you get independence and screw up the union just so you can shout FREEDOM, screw the consequences to the rest of us, hey?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21
Scotland contributes a bigger share of revenue than it gets back as expenditure.
I think we will manage ok without English taxpayers generosity.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Scotland contributes a bigger share of revenue than it gets back as expenditure.
I think we will manage ok without English taxpayers generosity.

Nonsense! Scotland gets more revenue back from Westminster than it contributes including oil revenue to the tune of £16 billion a year.

Where are you getting your facts from?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco
I get my facts from reality how about you?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I think you've been listening to those SNP lies they were telling the children yesterday to cement that YES vote.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think you have been listening to the bitter together campaign who have actually been caught telling lies.
However feel free to keep believing everything the establishment tells you.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I get my facts from reality how about you?

Ok, let's play. You made the statement, you prove with a source that it's correct.

I could find sources in ten minutes to disprove your statement but I never made the statement.

That's how it works here on ATS, you make a comment as a matter of fact rather than opinion then you better supply a source to your "fact".

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

And you believe the SNP isn't part of the 'establishment'?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
How do any of you know any of it is true when you doubt each others sources?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Cant post link from phone however if you google gers reports and take it from there.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The yes campaign isn't the SNP.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I'm also on a phone but more than capable of searching and copy and pasting a link.

I'm as Likely to google "gers report" as you are to google "Scottish UK contribution v expenditure"

The more I debate with some Scottish members the more I lean to hoping the Yes vote wins but I also know the dangers Scotland faces and that the decision cannot be undone like an election can every give years. I do honestly believe you will regret a yes vote win within such a short time when you realise all the promises that were made were unfounded.

I also hope that if the Yes wins, the British Government legislate a bill that will not permit reentry to the Union for the next hundred years.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Agree with you there actually. No one really knows what an independent Scottish economy would be like. But just ask why would a north European nation with huge natural resources and skilled workforce not succeed.?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The yes campaign isn't the SNP.

Yes it is, what other political party is on the Yes campaign?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Other than
Scottish greens, Scottish sodalist party, labour for independence,, the common weal project, etc etc.
The yes campaign is much bigger than SNP if you don't know this then either you not really following what is happening.
Do you really think that Yes would be level in polls if just SNP?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Really don't understand why so many south of the birder take the wish for Scottish independence so personally.
To paraphrase the old cliche " it's not you its us. "

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Because it effects all of us, but I don't care either way now as the amount of anti English sentiment I've seen since this all started is disgusting. I've seen more YES campaign propaganda on Facebook than anything else.

Wonder what you will all do if the Shetland Islands decide to remain part of the UK? Falklands 2?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: helldiver

Ok the Scottish NHS is fully devolved. But Scots get an extra 1200 pounds per head in relation to the English. Are you somesort of fool ? Where do you think this money comes from, the government ?

That's tax payer's money, and the last I saw the English population outnumbered the Scots around 13/1, that's a lot of money going bye bye.

The Scottish are holding us to ransom, if they don't get a yes vote, they get devo max. What does that mean? It means more pandering to the Scots as if they are somehow owed more than the rest of us. What do we English get? Ignored..

There 's just as much hardship here in England, but as long as you get independence and screw up the union just so you can shout FREEDOM, screw the consequences to the rest of us, hey?

Not a fool, although you're clearly either kidding yourself or you're not in full possession of the facts.

This following is fact:

By legally complying with the median line, an independent Scotland would possess 90% of North Sea oil. Given this geographical share we, under Westminster rule i might add, currently generate about £53 billion in total revenues representing about 9.5% of UK revenue. In return we get 9.3% of UK spending.

We give more and get less. And where do think the missing pounds go?? Hmm i wonder...but where ever it went it's accumulated to about £100 billion since 1980.

Also fact:

The NHS is devolved, as you said. Correct.

Can you tell me who decides how much Scotland gets to spend on the NHS?

While i'm at it, and to address your ridiculous notion regarding shouts of freedom and getting one over the English, you reap what you sow. That's not me saying anything is your fault. More that Westminster has had the privilege and responsibility of a unique partnership and they've cocked it up.

Oh aye, and something else regarding oil. It doesn't end in North Sea. If we get rid of Trident then it would open up the Clyde to exploration. Oooh more lovely oil, and it's ours

edit on 13-9-2014 by helldiver because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join