It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Bear Cub Plays with Flag on Canadian golf course

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This video filmed by Andi Dzilums catches the moment when a bear cub takes time out from foraging for food to have a play with the flag on a golf hole , then steals his mate's golf ball.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I don't think I would be approaching the cub . Moma must be around somewhere and we know that Moma may not agree with being too close to cub .. a reply to: gortex

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Those guys ...

Was that the mother bear just on the far side of the green?
edit on 1292014 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That bear is a thieving pole dancer. Cute video. Seriously though, there were three bears in all near that green. You wouldn't catch me walking towards them, camera or not.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The flag wasn't a good size reference for me (I don't golf) so I had know idea how small the bear was until that guy came into the frame. Cute!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Awsome little guy.
edit on 12-9-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
SnF for my morning laugh!!

seriously, they couldn't have rolled the cub another golf ball?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Finally, something about golf worth watching.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I wonder if they made the guy who's ball that belonged to made him play it from where it laid, or charged him a stroke for a drop ball? Lol.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That was great! I needed a good laugh today. Thanks for posting that. My father is a golf nut and I sent the video to him. I couldn't imagine what rule would cover this in the game. Or, there may be a new rule: Bear Hazard: Add 2 strokes and move to the next tee.

I noticed another cub to the right and mom back off to the left. That guy with the camera was risking a bear charge from mama by getting too close to her babies. I don't think their golf cart would outrun mama either!

edit on 12/9/14 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm not surprised. Bears, especially cubs are very curious. They're also nimble and more flexible than you'd think. I saw a big sow once who looked like she could barely waddle across the yard literally bolt through the woods like lightning.

Where there's a cub there's usually the mama

S + F

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Reminder to self:

Dear Self,

If you happen to be that wasted whilst filming wildlife? Please do not speak.

Kindest Regards.

Yourself

edit on 12-9-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I'm not surprised. Bears, especially cubs are very curious. They're also nimble and more flexible than you'd think. I saw a big sow once who looked like she could barely waddle across the yard literally bolt through the woods like lightning.

Where there's a cub there's usually the mama

S + F

That was momma off to the left behind the green. No, getting that close to her cubs is not a smart thing to do.

Bears only attack when you make them mad, the ones that walk at you slowly are just asking you for a nice back scratching and when you do not have one or try to yell at them they will give you a back scratching from hell lol.

Bear cubs are too cute! Just remember ALL animals can read your mind so if you show them respect not fear they will be cool.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I can see it now.

"Come to the sexiest country in the world. CANADA. Where even the bears pole dance."

new topics

top topics

join