It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Future Everything will be True for 15 minutes.™

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: audenine

welcome on board...

i have always wondered if there is a correlation between the Nazca lines and ley lines

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS. Look forward to seeing you around the boards!

As to your contrails I only have one word; pareidolia.

Nice to meet you!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofsheba

Uhm, there's all kinds of geometric shapes in nature, crystals for one.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
Welcome!

Don't think there's any correlation between the lines and the contrails.

Would be interested in hearing what kind of feedback you got from your students regarding the site, don't they just think we're a bunch of crackpots?

Haha of course not. ATS has noisy crays just like any other board, but there is good scholarship to be found here in abundance. The internet has radically changed what we regard as "truth" and I encourage students to research issues as thoroughly as many do here.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Thanks for the welcome. Pareidolia, like all psychological terms, is a manufactured concept. Just because they came up with a term for something that people do, doesn't mean the observed phenomena is not real. It's like saying that crowd UFO sightings are due to mass hysteria because mass hysteria was coined to define why crowds see such things as UFOs.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

The term easily sums up what my mind computes about your "theory".
If you don't like the answers don't ask the questions.

Again, I hope you enjoy ATS.
edit on 18-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I found another skyward phenomenon candidate for what the ancient people of Nazca were trying to capture for posterity in the baked Earth: anticrepuscular rays.

"When these parallel rays go all the way crossing the sky above our heads and beyond the antisolar point, opposite to the sun, they converge again due to perspective at the vanishing point. This convergence is only apparent, the sun rays actually kept parallel and went all the way through the atmosphere. But the illusion gives the impression the rays are coming the opposite way. Thus, anticrepuscular rays."

Source: Spectacular Anticrepuscular Ray in Brazil

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

i have always wondered if there is a correlation between the Nazca lines and ley lines

That is an excellent hypothesis! I don't know that it would account for the animal shapes (maybe they were used for some other purpose), but they certainly do have the large scale and randomness factors going for them. Just like ley lines they seem to go on and on for miles in straight lines, even over mountains and dry riverbeds. I wish we knew more about their purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join