It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Future Everything will be True for 15 minutes.™

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Hi. I've been an ATS fan for many years. I learn so much from all of you! I'm a sociologist and teach at a local college. I have referred students to ATS to find material for arguing complex social issues. That may seem counter-productive but I have found that students are more interested in certain issues if there is controversy involved.

Meanwhile, I am writing an adventure game that revolves around the theme of temporal liminality. In my research I often find peculiar contrasts that may be of interest to ATS readers. I thought some of you might like to consider a few for your own research.

I will post "specimens" over the next few weeks in different topic areas, hoping to get fresh perspectives and possible new information that will benefit all interested. If I post something redundant that I apparently missed in ATS searches, please forgive my oversight and provide corrective links.

To give you an idea of what I'm up to, here are lines drawn on the plains of Nazca, and lines drawn in the sky as contrails. These are randomly chosen and aren't necessarily from the same location:

Do you think these examples have anything to do with each other? Could the line drawers have been trying to mirror what they saw happening in their own sky?

Thank you for taking a look and offering new perspectives!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Welcome portlandia.
Can't wait for my 15 minutes to be true.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: audenine

You seem wound up as tight as a bankers money belt.
I hope this place loosens you up some.

Maybe it's just me but welcome to ATS!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
interesting perspective, Well a lot of megalithic structures that exist that have yet to be explained. Some of them have artistic value which resonates a theme. This theme is convayed as a message.

So it's very likely these are *prophetic* warnings, Since other drawings also exist.

Its a very likly possibility il give you that.
There may be other lines and *drawings* hidden in there among the crisscrossing and pattern weaving.

The animals there are just an obvious clue that there is more to the story than just chemtrails.

Welcome to ATS
great intro post. can't wait to see what else you bring to the table.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I like your perspective, keep it coming. :-)

Welcome Aboard.

leolady

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Some of the Nazca lines in your pic change direction at sharp angles. Not seeing that occurring with contrails over my house.

Some of the contrails in your pic look squiggly, undulating with the wind.

I don't see that in the Nazca lines, anywhere.

Imo, a better prophetic comes from North American Natives.

Something about cobwebs criss crossing the sky?

Also wondering how you started a thread with less than 20 posts?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Sorry, i just realized that this is the intro forum. We're supposed to welcome new members not pick on them,. If you will forgive me…

and welcome aboard.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hello and welcome! I look forward to your threads.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Welcome!

Don't think there's any correlation between the lines and the contrails.

Would be interested in hearing what kind of feedback you got from your students regarding the site, don't they just think we're a bunch of crackpots?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Thank you all for your welcome and perspectives! The thing that makes me wonder is that both phenomena are so random. No set paths, just jumbles of lines with no symmetry. The Nazca lines don't appear to point to anything, same as the contrails. Maybe the motivation that compels one also compels the other.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: audenine
Maybe the motivation that compels one also compels the other.

Something like a roadmap of the collective subconscious perhaps.

Or

It's just what happens when you cross a bunch of straight lines randomly.

I like the first one better.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I read some time ago that the Nazca lines were created to point to sources of underground water. Don't see any relation to aircraft contrails.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: eManym

I've heard the same, regarding water sources. Do I believe that explanation? Hmm... seems benign enough. But, I've also learned not to believe everything "they" tell you. As for the question in the OP, I'm not sure, if there is a correlation there or not. Do I believe that flight existed in ancient times? Yes. But, I don't believe those are ancient depictions of "comtrails". So, I'm inclined to say No. My answer is no.
edit on 13-9-2014 by jayna because: none

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Welcome.

temporal liminality huh?

I would say that every moment we are aware of puts us in a state of temporal liminality. We are never tomorrow we are never again yesterday and today is not even here when juxtaposed to those two extremes.

I think the observer has everything to do with time. The observer is time incarnate.

As far as repeating occurrences of things because everything is on this threshold of existence and as a result is flowing into itself like a wave in a bowl...Yes.

I think the observer has the power to create reality or at least what he thinks he sees.

Those lines in the pictures may be related but it depends on who you ask.

I see lines opposed by their medium. Ones in the sky and ones on the ground. SO I look for a message beyond the lines. The unifying thought...

"We are talking." or "there is a conversation going on around us."

I think that at some point the observer begins to see himself. Time then loops in on itself and that wave crashes into the side of the bowl.

Rambled. Sorry.

Welcome ++
edit on 9 13 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: audenine

Do you think these examples have anything to do with each other? Could the line drawers have been trying to mirror what they saw happening in their own sky?

The thing that makes me wonder if they have something in common is how the only thing that looks like those large scale widening contrails in the sky is the widening lines on or near the Nazca plain. It's as if the "artist" of either one was trying to show the same widening effect. I haven't seen those widening lines in any other venue, have you?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS

Interesting post and question. I've read & written quite a bit on the people and some of the odd remnants of the people who created them as well as quite a bit of speculation, they for me are still an enigma. I personally have not as of yet come to any strong opinion on the whys and what fors regarding the creation of the lines. It'll be interesting to see what others think.

Good hunting and again, Welcome aboard.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Reminds me of an artist I once knew who painted scenes from nature who often commented on how there were no perfect angles or lines in nature and therefore you really couldn't get it wrong to replicate the scene. The winds, the clouds, etc. may look similar but change and widen and narrow for no particular rhyme or reason; that we know of at any rate.

Welcome! Look forward to your posts.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Welcome aboard!

Obviously there are more than one possible explanations for the Nazca lines.
Your example reminds me of the toothpick scene in the movie Rainman.
Probably no further explanation necessary?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

You seem wound up as tight as a bankers money belt.
I hope this place loosens you up some.

Maybe it's just me but welcome to ATS!

How dare you say I am wound up as tight as a banker's money belt. I am wound up WAYYY tighter than that. ;]

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Ah! I knew it wouldn't be long.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join