It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lesser Known Mysteries: Unexplained Artifacts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Those stone cogs look like "fluted flower mold/muffin molds". They wouldn't have had metal cooking tins, so they could carve a shape into stone, then push that stone into clay molds, bake the clay, then they would have a bake clay muffin pan that could be used for cooking.

g-ecx.images-amazon.com...

i.ebayimg.com...$_57.JPG

If this theory were correct, then there should be other shapes such as cactus, flowers and animals.

i.ebayimg.com...$_57.JPG

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

the stone are definately cactus representations, the various forms represent the various species of cactus', found in the area, cross section. There is a good paper out there on this subject..

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Rodinus

They appear to be the right size and the protrusions are always symmetrical, which would be necessary to put the center of mass in the middle so that the balls would roll in a straight line.

As far as I know, they've never been discovered in a tomb and the contents of several tombs have been cataloged. I think this is very telling since the intricate engraving on many suggests that they were valued objects. Perhaps they were possessions held by a family or a village rather than by an individual? This could very well fit with a hypothesis of the carved balls being used for a sport in my opinion, though it doesn't preclude some of the others either.

The balls coming from Scotland, I would assume an early version of golf.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I've seen similar artifacts to those cog type stones before, at my local museum here in Adelaide.
They look like heads from war clubs found in Papua New Guinea. these average 6 inches/15cm diameter

www.bamfords-auctions.co.uk...

www.the...- saleroom.com
edit on 6America/Chicago34Sat, 19 Nov 2016 19:34:50 -060019700000016 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

This last pic is an Inca artifact,

ancientpoint.com...[editb y]edit on 6America/Chicago05Sat, 19 Nov 2016 20:05:06 -060019800000016 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join