It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Cops Cross ‘Thin Blue Line’ in Florida, Turn on Bad Cops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This article is from sept. 5th so if it has been posted mods please delete this.

Wow 2 cops in Florida have crossed the thin Blue line and accused another cop of stealing Prescription pills from a man who was fatally killed by a train.

One detective saw him with the pills and told another detective who got a search warrant for his patrol car where most of the pills and bottles with the victims name were discovered.

He has been charged major crimes , armed trafficking in hydrocodone, possession of alprazolam, grand theft of a controlled substance, evidence tampering, and falsifying an official document.

He was charged with armed trafficking because he had his service weapon on him while he had the drugs. How awesome is that?

Now the "armed" charge has him facing 10 years.

I wish more cops would cross that stupid line and arrest criminals whether they have a badge or not.

Kudos to these cops.

link

Broward County, FL – With all of the negative attention given to police officers lately, the public is left wondering if there are any good cops left. The bad apples seem to have spoiled the cart, but in Broward County several cops stepped forward to break the thin blue line in order to turn in one of their own. For Broward County Deputies, that day was today. Former Broward County Deputy Eduardo Mesa is accused of stealing from a man that had been killed by a train in January. Mesa is alleged to have stolen the victim’s prescription pills.

edit on 12-9-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
A good start, but that's only tampering with evidence when the real issue is unjustified assault and murder by LEO's.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: kicked
A good start, but that's only tampering with evidence when the real issue is unjustified assault and murder by LEO's.

It has to start somewhere.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
its a start but any start is a good one...interesting to see how these detectives fare over the next few months/years

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I give a kudos to them as well! I have always said that there are good cops out there... this just cements that for me. After all of the recent bad cop threads, it's nice to see someone put forth an effort to post about a few good ones.

I wish this happened far more often than it does.

Maybe these I cases will start coming to light so more cops will feel like they can come forward without risking their life or their job. I hope so at any rate.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I apologize for my cynicism, but how do we know this wasn't a few bad apples setting up a guy who refused to play ball? I guess either way it means there was at least one good cop.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I apologize for my cynicism, but how do we know this wasn't a few bad apples setting up a guy who refused to play ball? I guess either way it means there was at least one good cop.

That's looking at the bright side.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
What a Serpico moment

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Exactly..its encouraging but meh, its just internal stuff, I do believe though they are putting themselves out there regardless so they get kudo's I would like to see the "us vs them" barrier broken. Christopher Dorner was one who tried..lost his mind along the way and the rest is some bad history.
I have noticed more vids latley of LEO speaking out against certian policies.
And a member or two here as well.
edit on 12-9-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

That is good news!!
And kudos to those cops

However, this part was disheartening:

Author’s note: Anti-Media is withholding the names of the cops that turned Mesa in to protect them from any officers who would view their actions as an assault on the thin blue line.

Well, it's a start....still have a ways to go but finally, someone who has some integrity & honor

Bad cops like this guy makes all cops look bad
Maybe they got fed up with their image being tarnished to the public and did the right thing regardless of their fellow colleagues opinions

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Exactly..its encouraging but meh, its just internal stuff, I do believe though they are putting themselves out there regardless so they get kudo's I would like to see the "us vs them" barrier broken. Christopher Dorner was one who tried..lost his mind along the way and the rest is some bad history.
I have noticed more vids latley of LEO speaking out against certian policies.

I don't think they put themselves out there for "kudos"because they are not releasing the names of the cops who turned him in.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
In the grand scheme of things, when they start turning on the absolute corrupt and not just an easy kill, then I will see more to it.

"lets got barnaby, he took those pills. and he wont play ball!"

or

"I'm here to bare witness to the corruption enacted by a selection of the men and women I swore an oath with, for the people of this nation I represent as an enforcer of the law. These people have mocked the very justice they sought to uphold. And I, as an honest citizen, given the right to wield power over others in the pursuit of justice, cannot remain silent."

Yeah then Id be impressed...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
1 down, I'm sure tens of thousands to go.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You misundestand..im giving them kudos, I believe they would face repurcussions from their fellow LEO for doing what they did. I doubt it will be a secret for long.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Agreed.

It's an encouraging development against the spiralling corruption in US LE lately.

You're right..gotta start somewhere.

Now these cops have taken the right first steps, hopefully that will embolden the other good cops in the country to similar acts too.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
originally posted by: snarky412

Author’s note: Anti-Media is withholding the names of the cops that turned Mesa in to protect them from any officers who would view their actions as an assault on the thin blue line.

This is what surprises me the most. The department realizes that there could be retribution towards these officers for outing a dirty cop. So are they admitting that they know there are more dirty cops in the dept?

So now these good cops have to worry because there are not enough good cops to protect them from the bad cops? What an admission!!! By their count, they are outnumbered and you should just expect your corpse to be pilfered by cops.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
gotta wonder though, perhaps the drug stealing cop simply refused to cooperate with the other cops bad behavior, so this was their revenge.

things arent usually as black and white as they appear to be.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye
gotta wonder though, perhaps the drug stealing cop simply refused to cooperate with the other cops bad behavior, so this was their revenge.

things arent usually as black and white as they appear to be.

As sad as that sounds, it still might be part of the situation. Corrupt vs corrupter
edit on 9/12/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thank you for making a thread that acknowledges that not all officers allow bad cops to get away things.

It actually happens more so than people realize. Not much credit is given for the cops that made the arrest, instead the focus is on the negative that the individual cop did.

www.nbcmiami.com...

6abc.com...

www.nbcnewyork.com...

www.timesrecordnews.com...

A majority of cops do not cover for bad cops.

I understand the negative references to the "thin blue line" design/mentality however it's actual meaning is positive.

The top black portion represents the upstanding citizens, the middle blue portion represents the police defending and attempting to be the barrier (between the good citizens) from the bottom black which represents the criminals that wish to do harm to the innocent.

Of course people will interpret it how they see fit.
edit on 12-9-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye
If that is the case do you think the drug stealer wouldn't say so(other 2 involved), I think this is a righteous move/action.
I really would like to hear more good stories..Im sure they are out there.
Maybee a small story from my own experience at some point, I have had some bad experiences, but latley Im trying to be fair and remember the times I was given a break/chance.
Torquey..you actually gave me the feeling I should rethink my standard cop hating attitude, sometimes the horrible stories here just feed the monster.
Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join