It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited and Overwhelmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Hello at last!

I'm not thrilled about the introduction requirement, as I don't particularly enjoy talking about myself and I'm not entirely clear on the requirements and expectations of this post... but, about myself:

I am a long-time user of ATS. It is the only site I check EVERY time I get online. I like to read the news, and there are many stories that seem to break here first before they get heavy msm coverage (if they ever do get it). I am a factual and investigative- type person.

My main reason to start a profile is to post news stories. There have been many times where I have seen breaking news elsewhere on the web and then rushed to ATS to find that no one had posted about it yet.

I would say I am an over-all positive guy, no drama, I don't hate on people (even if I disagree with them), I am open minded (I'm baffled by the fact that there are nay-sayers and disbelievers on this site...). I'm not very eloquent or intellectual lol- just a regular guy with a taste for adventure and a belief that there is so much more than what meets the eye.

Thanks,

WCW

PS- Any advice/suggestions/links to help me get started (as well as tips/tricks, etc) would be greatly appreciated. I would like to be able to post news items and make contributions to the site as quickly as possible, so if you can help me get on track with that I would be very appreciative!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WildCatWilly

Hi WildCatWilly, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Welcome to the site. Now you can see who is talking.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Hi, and welcome. An intro isn't a requirement, you've been misled or misled yourself, but good to hear from you. You will need to personally post twenty posts in order to create a new thread. That's all. Give twenty comments anywhere on ATS, on any thread, and you will have your twenty. Not a very complicated hall of mirrors. Welcome again!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Welcome!

Your tinfoil hat is in the mail..

Always except cookies from destinyone..
Aviation advice from Zaphod...

Never ever anger Springer! Or a lady...

And always wipe the seat when you are done...

Speak your mind. Just keep the language clean...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Pick a subject....
If you have input...
Spill it on a thread..
Get 20 individual comments in...

Then start posting your own stuff..

Be smart..
:-)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Welcome aboard, wild cat.

You can collect your 20 post by commenting on any thread anywhere that you would like to. In fact, you can start here by replying to the people that have responded to this thread.

The only real advice that I can give you are the three guidelines that I use when posting here:

1. Opinions are not facts
2. Arguments are not discussions
3. Insults are not necessary

Keep these three guidelines in mind while you're here and you'll be fine.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Welcome to the ATS family!!

Hope you enjoy your stay
Just hold on tight and keep arms in at all times

Here is your lovely hat as you make the rounds to the various forums

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask

Click onto the links at the bottom of my sig: 'Help with ATS 5.3', a little navigation help for this site as well as 'Avatar Needs' if you want help with a specific avatar design

Have fun and hope to see ya around the board

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Thank you! I got through a lot of that info...very helpful
a reply to: Sauron

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Welcome Wildcat! Glad to have you here. 20 posts take no time so worry not. I like your avatar, very creative. I too was a lurker for quite awhile, I knew I recognized you! Have fun, and have a beer on me.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hey thanks! My avatar is actually a picture of me taken in Smokey Mountain National Park ...I thought my sunglasses made me look like an alien, so one day when I was bored I doodled over it on my phone and sent it to my buddy who took the pic
reply to: georgezip

top topics

join