It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Warns US Against Strikes on ISIS in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: lostbook

But the statement brought a strong reaction from Russia, which has been an ally of embattled Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Uh-oh, the Syrian government is warning the US not to attack ISIS in Syria; saying that it would be an act of aggression against Syria. Aw-man! This has to be the worst of the worst situation unfolding; almost a real life Kobayashi Maru test from Star Trek 2.

"The US president has spoken directly about the possibility of strikes by the US armed forces against Isil (IS) positions in Syria without the consent of the legitimate government," ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich was quoted as saying.

"This step, in the absence of a UN Security Council decision, would be an act of aggression, a gross violation of international law."

Syria also repeated its warning that the US had to co-ordinate with the Syrian government before launching air strikes on its territory.

"Any action of any kind without the consent of the Syrian government would be an attack on Syria," National Reconciliation Minister Ali Haidar said on Thursday.

To add to the mix of problems, Russia is getting involved in a big way.....Notice all of the Nuclear Missile Tests being done by Russia as of lately? And the ever increasing fiery rhetoric coming out of Russia towards the West? China is testing missiles and high powered Submarines, ISIS is daring the US to come after them. It seems to me that ISIS is being used to bait the US into conflict; other countries such as Russia, China, Iran, and N. Korea will use the opportunity to join in and attack. It may just be fear mongering but I smell a set up..What says ATS?

www.bbc.com...

ISIS has nothing to do with Russia and China or Korea or Iran. It was built by the west for the west. All those countries the US was unable to invade due to too much opposition is now possible thanks to the terrible ISIS that is actually doing everything the west needs it to do to justify crashing the party.

Russia has every right to update it's nuclear arms. Did the US, France, UK, US, Israel suddenly give theirs up? No? Then Russia has every right to keep on keeping on.

Well, this does tie-in to my ...."ISIS being used to bait the US into conflict..." line. Except that ISIS isn't the bait but the hook.

Yeah, I was going to try and flip it but I got side tracked. ISIS is being used to play the US, it is not Russia or China or any government behind it. Not even the US government. [Insert your Ultimate global rulers here] are leading the US into this. Obama couldn't avoid it if he tried and tried he did.

To believe that ISIS is a grass-root organization or any type of organization not controlled by [Insert ultimate global rulers here] is like believing you are going to win the lottery on the day you retire.

So, ISIS is being used by someone to lure the US into a conflict...? I wonder what the endgame is. You don't think this has anything to do with the rise of BRICS?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

Nope, not worried at all. You seem to be ranting nonsense, sure you meant me?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: FlySolo

Don't know who is what anymore

The simplest version:

Oil good, ISIS bad, Assad "Must go".

None of it makes any sense though. Russia needs Syria yet allows ISIS to overthrow the country. USA made or at least assisted ISIS which is bad for Russia but is now bad for USA and then Russia doesn't want USA to remove ISIS which is good for Syria. Its all nuts.

Assad need to disappear so Saudi Arabia and company can build gas line to Europe thru Turkey. Russia/Iran/Syria want no gas line. US is as usual Saudi Arabia:s mercenary dog to further House of Saud interest (Bush interest). Since US is forced by Saudi Arabia to remove Assad, Syria and Russia cannot allow US to attack inside Syrian boundaries.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Qatar-Turkey pipeline is a proposed natural gas pipeline running from the Iranian-Qatari South Pars / North Dome Gas-Condensate field field towards Turkey, where it could connect with the Nabucco pipeline to supply European customers as well as Turkey.

One route to Turkey is via Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Syria,[1][2] and another is through Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq.[3][4] Syria's rationale for rejecting the Qatar proposal was said to be "to protect the interests of [its] Russian ally, which is Europe's top supplier of natural gas.

"[1] In 2012 an analyst cited by Ansa Mediterranean suggested that Qatar's involvement in the Syrian civil war was based in part on its desire to build a pipeline to Turkey through Syria: "The discovery in 2009 of a new gas field near Israel, Lebanon, Cyprus, and Syria opened new possibilities to bypass the Saudi Barrier and to secure a new source of income.

Pipelines are in place already in Turkey to receive the gas. Only Al-Assad is in the way. Qatar along with the Turks would like to remove Al-Assad and install the Syrian chapter of the Muslim Brotherhood. It is the best organized political movement in the chaotic society and can block Saudi Arabia's efforts to install a more fanatical Wahhabi based regime. Once the Brotherhood is in power, the Emir's broad connections with Brotherhood groups throughout the region should make it easy for him to find a friendly ear and an open hand in Damascus.

edit on 12-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Oh please! The "banksters" are hardly a machination of the west! Give it a rest! People like you are playing right into their hands! These bankers control the entire world economy including Russia and China. Anyone who doesn't believe the puppet masters who control Obama and Putin are in cahoots is naive! This is about divide and conquer and ushering in a new world order. You're a fool if you think Chiba or any other BRICS nation will be at the helm of it. The goal is to eventually pit Russia against China anyways.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: thesmokingman

How much is your mortgage, id hate to bankrupt you...
source

The Air Force is launching an ambitious campaign to repair flaws in its nuclear missile corps, after recent training failures, security missteps, leadership lapses, morale problems and stunning breakdowns in discipline prompted Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel to demand action to restore public confidence in the nuclear force.

Air Force leaders are planning to offer bonus pay to missile force members, fill gaps in their ranks, offer a nuclear service medal and put more money into modernizing what in some respects has become a decrepit Minuteman 3 missile force that few airmen want to join and even fewer view as a career-enhancing mission.

Remember, there are 3 legs in the nuclear triad.

The Air Force has had a few problems with morale and proficiency among the missile crews as well as a couple of incidents involving the personnel responsible for handling nuclear munitions on aircraft not following protocol.

Regarding the viability of the aging nuke inventory, the weapons are monitored and maintained very carefully. Physics packages are randomly pulled from the arsenal for sub critical testing to ensure the weapons are still viable.

If the ball were to ever drop, the U.S. nuclear arsenal will function as advertised...

edit on 12-9-2014 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Syria is warning people of anything? Syria barely even exists, anymore. I'm surprised those idiots even have paper to write on to communicate.

I suppose if ISIS were to set up shop in 'Syria' and stay there, Syria can have them and there's no need for anyone to bomb them there.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I am pretty sure in an all balls out nuke fest, the US can slam Russia a lot sooner than Russia could hit the US.

Oh yeah?

Remember the sub fired missile near California recently?

Chinese boat apparently, and wasn't detected just off the US coast...

In any case, such arguments are pointless...the i've got a 'bigger nuke' than you have gambit is childish in the extreme, they didn't call it MAD during the cold war for nothing...our destruction was and still is assured if a conflict goes nuclear, regardless of who could get the first volley in or how many times...not all weapons are in silos, many, plenty enough to destroy ANY country, probably destroy any continent actually, are in mobile platforms like Subs and aircraft and others.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if there are batteries of nukes hidden in orbit too.

There simply would not be any winner in such a conflict, none. Regardless of who gets the first round of missiles in first or not.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I wonder if the XB-37 is sniffing around for radiation near hostile satellites.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Trouble is that satellites have been using nuclear power since the 1960's....trying to differentiate between nuclear thermoelectric batteries, and nuclear weapons onboard would be difficult.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Non-grassroots uprisings didn't work. Blaming a chemical weapons attack by rebels on Assad didn't work. Islamic State was allowed to get stronger so that the US would have a reason to bomb Syria. The main target of the attack will be the regime of Bashar al Assad, not IS. They believe they have all of their ducks in a row. They believe Israel has taken out all of the S-300 capability. Is this latest effort to remove the legitimate government of Syria by the United States in violation of international law, yet again, going to work this time? They really don't want Russia to have naval bases do they? Crimea, Latakia. What's next? Vladivostok? Kaliningrad?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
ISIS is scary for sure. However, US needs the permission of Syria before intruding into its airspace.

US after all got the permission or rather invitation of Iraq to do air strikes on ISIS in Iraq.

I bet Syrian government will be more than happy to give locations of few blocks etc. for US to target.

These things just cannot be taken so casually. They can result in serious blow up of the variables.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: lostbook

uh-oh. But isn't ISIS Syria's rebellion?? I'm confused now. Attacking ISIS would be good for Assad and that's why the states has mixed feelings about it there.

The US is using ISIS, to target Assad. The US should have destroyed all depo's that ISIS stole at the time, but they didn't. They allowed ISIS to grow, and become combatant capable, based on the US weaponry they stole. Then ISIS started to target Kurds, and the us was quick in hurdling them back towards Syria ... like they were herding sheep.

What the US has moral authority to do, is to destroy the weapons systems ISIS stole. What the US is intended on doing, is using ISIS as an excuse to wage war in Syria.

That's why it's almost certain that ISIS, like Al Qaida ... is a US asset. The Russians know this, and they know that if the US starts to target ISIS inside Syria. They will "prioritize" targets that are Assad ...

Russia, is correct in threatening the US ... it should do much more than just threaten them. They SHOULD take steps, to ensure their demise. The US has done nothing but wage war and destruction on the world, since 1990. When George Bush senior came to power.

However, I am quite certain that the "warning" coming out of Russia, is not a warning of the kind that Russia will inflict any damage or partake in any action. But they are warning the US, that "killing" Assad, will bring much greater danger out into the world, than is today.

What the Russians don't understand, is that is precisely what the US wants ... driven by religious fanatics, that belive in the second coming, and similar idiocy. They are highly dangerous, and their wars in the middle east has been to bring about the "end", and their envisionment of a New World Order.

Russia can't do much, and it's still to early for China to be able to do much ... within 5 years, China will be powerful enough to level the US. But I don't the US intends on waiting for 5 years ... they're upping their stakes.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Concerning the 'big guys' Russia, China, USA and India etc etc, the nuclear option has only ever been an option and still is purely an option. Its unlikely ever to be used because of backlash firing at you and the spread of radiation around the planet. They can rattle as much as they like.

The problem is the second league states such as Pakistan and Israel and of course Saudi which could buy nuclear weapons and probably has a credit line open from Pakistan and even get the pakistanians to fire it for them. These are the ideology states - whose logic is doubtful.

What really upsets me is that we have been focussing on the misery and death of the poor Syrians and others involved only to find that this horrid war in syria is all about resources. Who is responsible for creating all this misery so they can gain control of this wretched pipeline? This is who should be held responsible and punished accordingly and the syrians should be left to elect a President fairly if they don't want Assad. Its very hard in the West to understand tribalism because it seems so archaic today.

ISIS are terrorists of the worst kind imaginable. They show the nastiest and most dangerous side of the human being and we need to deal with each and every one of them. When I read that a number of women from thnis country had gone my mind boggled - so the powerless child bearer is allowed to leave her home and travel to a war zone and fight? |Doesn[t the garb get in the way and, isnt she with a load of men who are not her husband or father and making her own decisions? When does she wash her hair and shower? all things a decent muslim must never see unless she is his wife. The sheer nonsense of some of the customs/beliefs/behaviours etc of the ideology these ISIS follow beggars belief! So why as these women have broken all these 'rules' are they allowed to fight. (I do know when I had Saudi students they use to high-tail it up to the local city to watch bikini dressed yhoung women wrestling in mud in kiddies paddling pools - so mjuch for the modesty ruling….. again beggars belief - pious poppies the lot of them.

Russia's behaviour in not allowing ISIS to be bombed out of existence - which is one very good answer to their behaviour, is irresponsible its not as though this will alter the problem of Assad or get rid of him as ISIS isn't living in the same building as him, or near him for that matter. Perhaps Russia thinks they won't infiltrate her borders and cause mayhem, I suspect she is mistaken in that surmise and she should think about getting rid of ISIS because ISIS could well get rid of any plans Russia and her allies have also as they attrempt to take over the whole world - Russia knows Europe has expanded so whny not the Muslim Caliphate? Come on Think Mr Putin!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys

Oh please! The "banksters" are hardly a machination of the west! Give it a rest! People like you are playing right into their hands! These bankers control the entire world economy including Russia and China. Anyone who doesn't believe the puppet masters who control Obama and Putin are in cahoots is naive! This is about divide and conquer and ushering in a new world order. You're a fool if you think Chiba or any other BRICS nation will be at the helm of it. The goal is to eventually pit Russia against China anyways.

it would seem that people prefer the east verses west much like the left verses the right in politics...it is almost as if it is ingrained in the way people think

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Some are more to blame than others...

The USA is very good at creating it's own enemies where it sees fit. This global game of chess has been engineered heavily by spook agencies like the CIA and Mossad. Agents make contacts with 'radical' groups, offer them weapons and training somehow then disappear. 8-10 months down the road, when it strategically behooves the western military interests, they have their own hand crafted reasons for war. It's an industry that makes people more money than any other industry in the world. ISIS just made defense contractors billions.

Interesting thing about defense contractors... John McCain and his many colleagues (other politicians i mean) own a vast amount of interest in them. War makes them money by proxy.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Oh I have contemplated your point of view many a time good sir!

Perhaps it is naivety on my part. Which I am fine with, I am well aware of who put Mao in power, as well as who put Stalin in power etc. however I do view the world from a spiritual perspective. Somewhere along the line the bankster global banking structure lost control of those trying to pull the strings into the totalitarian dictatorship you are wisely concerned about!

To me it is because those that were in on the plan have changed course and there is a pretty good possibilty they had always planned on this. I believe that we are seeing this currently happen for those who have envisioned the NWO had plans on this being here long ago, but they do not control things as much as they believe.

Their hubris will be their downfall, you can believe there is no hope all that you wish. You can consider me to be a fool, I can accept this as your opinion as it has no bearing on my existence, I will forever remain an optimist. The power of the people is greater than the power of the few, to me BRICS represents this and with the inevitable end of the petrodollar, the people of the west will be free as well here in the U.S. and the E.U. it is our collective time to stand up!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930amFriday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well now I hope that you do not completely buy into GreenMtnBoys view! Not with that name!

To believe that there is nothing that those banksters control would be far to pessimistic for my taste! We are far more powerful than they have led us to believe and we are currently seeing all of their well thought out plans falling apart, it simply is not televised or on the MSM, but you can feel it can you not!?

The powers of good are patient indeed and they have allowed those with the hubris of the elite, with visions of complete domination, to set themselves up for failure! There is no stopping the collective remembering that is going on, we are waking up to the reality of what is happening and justice shall be had. It is simply the laws of the universe.

So if you believe me to be simply rooting for Oceania vs Eurasia as Orwell would have put it, that is an error on your part. There are far greater events going on than we the masses will know about, but to assume that they have the level of power to control all is simply falling for their parlor tricks!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930amFriday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo
If you don't mind, breaking up what you said and replying to each part like its being asked as a question.

Russia needs Syria yet allows ISIS to overthrow the country.

Russia supports Syria with aid that defends the country against incursion from outside (a real insurgency) that is funded and directed by the west and other ME countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan and Turkey. Assad defends his own country with the help of Russia and Iran among others.

Generally, guerrilla movements are small and limited in scope. Without a combined land and air campaign, there is little hope the insurgents will win the day against an established, well supplied and organized government. Just like Libya. Without airstrikes to decimate main government resources and bases, that hope diminishes even further over time.

Notice I didn't use the word ISIS yet. It really doesn't matter what you call the various groups that infest Syria and murder the population there. They can't win on their own, thats why they haven't for over three years now.

All attempts to go the official route in the UN and receive a mandate to establish no fly zones and humanitarian corridors (gentle euphemisms for invasion) in Syria have failed. Each time the UN Security Council has vetoed this mandate and denied the US their resolution.

Russia and China (both permanent members of the UN Security Council) have vetoed a resolution drafted by US to "intervene" (again, invade) Syria on three separate occasions. You might remember that and it can be verified by a search. They remember Libya and how the US took the Mandate to help Libya's people with Humanitarian intent and turned it into an overthrow of the government and murder of its just leader Qaddafi. They were fooled into thinking the US would not exceed the mandate in that country and look what happened.

The same result is being sought in Syria i.e., the toppling of the Assad government through "Regime Change" (invasion).

Without this legal mandate from the UN the US has no duly declared right under international law right to carry on aggressive war operations in Syria. Smelling it yet?

Now we are introduced by the media (imagine that) to this new threat called ISIS that arises in Syria (from among western and Middle eastern backed rebel groups) who's stated purpose is to invade Iraq and destroy American interests there, capturing oil wells and threatening everything the US has built up.

This group would not threaten Israel (you noticed) and hasn't really done more damage than in the same media that introduced them to the world. And guess what the solution provided us (again in the media) is? To cross Syria's border and "attack ISIS there".

The US is seeking another path to toppling Assad. Without a Un mandate and without changing the over all plan to topple Syria and Iran like they have done to Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan, they have now invented their own excuse (ISIS) to go into Syria anyway. The president just announced that to the world.

USA made or at least assisted ISIS which is bad for Russia but is now bad for USA and then Russia doesn't want USA to remove ISIS which is good for Syria.

Almost the media propaganda line except, Russia doesn't want US to invade Syria for any reason. Neither does Syria or the wider world for that matter. But the US isn't asking anymore, nor do they care. They are just going ahead anyway.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Isn't it obvious that Russia and Assad are worried that this attack will have "accidental" bombing of Assad's army too.

Russia and Assad do want US to bomb ISIS, they just don't trust the US.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

well when you put it that way i really hope you are right

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join