It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Y/O Starts Animal Shelter In Garage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This choked me up. A lot.

For as long as he can remember, it has been 9-year-old Ken's dream to open an animal shelter to help the stray dogs and cats on the streets of the Philippines. Although Ken anticipated that he wouldn't be able to start his own shelter until he was an adult, that dream has now become a reality thanks to his own hard work and the help of his father, concerned locals, and kind donors from all over the world. The main goal of Ken's shelter, named the Happy Animals Club, is to rescue dogs from the city pound, where most of them are put down.

Back in February, a photo of Ken feeding dogs on the street went viral. Touched by reading about the young boy's compassion and determination to help stray animals, kind strangers everywhere donated enough money to enable Ken to move the dogs into a shelter he built in his garage, feed them high-quality canned food, and provide them with veterinary care. As a result, the three dogs Blackie, Brownie, and White Puppy—who had been underweight, malnourished, mange-infected, and scared of humans—became clean, healthy, and happy after just two months of care.

He has earned enough money to lease a lot, and is slowly starting to get more animals in so that he can nurse them to health and adopt them out.

I'm always amazed how loving and wonderful children can be. You know someone has had some amazing influences in his life and is going to go very far. This is the kind of thing everyone wants to do, but not many actually try.

I don't have much to say because I'm having a Domo moment. Spay and neuter your pets. Unless they are a unicorn or shark horse hybrid.

If you want to donate you can go to THIS LINK but it's gotten a lot of press and the site can't deal with the traffic at the moment. Try again tomorrow.

Source

I think this sort of thing effects the world in more than one way. I saw the story and want to go out and do something too. I'm sure I'm not alone. This kid is inspiring for people of all ages.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
What a wonderful story! What a wonderful child! Sadly, if the donations start to drop in the future he may have to give up his dream. I saw a fabulous cat shelter go down because of lack of donations. At first they were doing so amazingly well.

People have got to learn that if they don't spay or neuter their pets, they are giving death sentences to the future born. Shelters are always filled to capacity.

I wish this kid a world of luck in his endeavors and a big hug for his loving efforts.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If that doesn't choke you up, then someone needs to check your pulse.

People always underestimate children IMO. They ignore the things they say and the things they do and discount many things to just being "childish". And while a lot of it may be just that... Sometimes there's not a whole lot wrong with that.

They see the world the way it should be in most cases. They haven't been brought down by injustice, hate, spite, etc, that the world throws at all of us to harden us as we age. They see the possibilities as they really are. They see it without the filters grown ups do.

We should listen to them more. Maybe we should try to keep in touch with our own inner child more than we do (I know you're going to say I do it too often, it's ok). Maybe by doing that we could do more things like this young man is.

He didn't go into this thinking of failing or how impossible it would be to do it successfully... He went into it because he had a pure heart and wanted to help these animals and now he has other people supporting him because he was not scared to do what his heart told him to.

Even if he fails for whatever reason, then he has still done more than many of us ever have in regards to helping others and actually going after our dreams.

He should be proud. His parents should be proud and we should all learn that maybe children aren't so impossibly childish and living fairy tales, and maybe.... Just maybe... We could learn if we watch them more and listen to them even more than that.

Thanks for the share.

edit on 9/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
OK...
Yep..
Teeears!...

Shut up.. take my money....

No really thanks for the post...

I will be forwarding a donation....

I to do personalized shoes for " little fighters "
Kids who suffer from terminal illnesses....

So to help the sport.....

I'll throw some his way!

edit on 11-9-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Just wait til the city fines him for not having some kind of license.

But ...atta boy!
edit on 12-9-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

top topics

join