It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Are we evolving into a NEW type of human? Scientist say yes

page: 1

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:49 PM
Scientist claims we're evolving into a new species and it will occur by 2050.

By 2050, a completely new type of human will evolve as a result of radical new technology, behaviour, and natural selection.

This is according to Cadell Last, a researcher at the Global Brain Institute, who claims mankind is undergoing a major 'evolutionary transition'.

In less than four decades, Mr Last claims we will live longer, have children in old age and rely on artificial intelligence to do mundane tasks.

This is interesting and I've often said, one purpose of the universe is to process vast amounts of information. When humans can't process information fast enough a new species will evolve and A.I. will play a major role in this. We'll be stuck in virtual realities or we will have to augment our brains in order to process information faster. If you think humans can be lazy, wait until we have A.I. and robots doing everything for us. Humans will be seen as a waste of energy and resources in our present state because our brains will not be able to keep up with how fast information is being processed.

This shift is so significant, he claims, it is comparable to the change from monkeys to apes, and apes to humans.

'Your 80 or 100 is going to be so radically different than your grandparents,' Mr Last says, who believe we will spend much of our time living in virtual reality.

Some evolutionary scientists believe this age could be as high as 120 by 2050.

Mr Last claims humans will also demonstrate delayed sexual maturation, according to a report by Christina Sterbenz in Business Insider.

Sadly, I think a lot of people will be killed before this happens through major wars and a virus. The humans are killing the planet crowd might try to reduce the population to say 2-3 billion people.

Current global population of over 7 billion is already two to three times higher than the sustainable level. Several recent studies show that Earth’s resources are enough to sustain only about 2 billion people at a European standard of living.

I have even heard estimates less than this. I think these alarmist pose the biggest threat to humanity because they will say in the name of saving the planet, they have to kill off billions of people.

By 2040, cabs will be driven by Google robots, shops will become showrooms for online outlets and call centres will be staffed by intelligent droids.

That’s the scenario depicted in recent research which suggests robots could be taking over our lives and jobs in less than 30 years.

The competition for work caused by a rise in the robots population will see us heading to surgeons for ‘additional processing power for our brains’, they claim.

We may also be requesting bionic implants for our hands that will make us able to perform tasks as fast as any machine.

Futurologists, commissioned by global job search website, say workers will have less job security and will work more unsociable hours.

Those who take these risks and innovate with their own bodies will be the biggest earners in 2040, they claim.

However, the study added that workers may be left with poor eyesight, smaller sexual organs, and constantly-furrowed brows as they struggle to keep up to life in the 21st century.

Main source article:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:53 PM
a reply to: neoholographic

This is NOT evolution.

It is the use of technology to extend human biological abilities.

We NOT be called something different than homo sapiens for a very, very very long time. Like hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:57 PM
Is this truly the future of humanity or is this the future they want for us? S + F

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:05 PM
a reply to: tothetenthpower

duplicate post
edit on 11-9-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:05 PM

What he's talking about is evolution. He said when some people choose to use this technology to extend biological abilities it will began to change there biology as people began to live longer vs. those who may be reluctant to make some of these changes.

He talked about sexual maturation, smaller sexual organs and more. This is coming from Cadell Last:

Here's more about Last:

I am an evolutionary anthropologist (MSc.), creator of The Advanced Apes, and science writer currently working on an animated science channel with PBS Digital Studios. My writing has appeared in Scientific American, Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science, Jane Goodall Institute, American Humanist, Humanity+, and my blog is hosted and promoted by Svbtle. My academic research has focused on the species-level differences between humans and chimpanzees. For my doctorate, I would like to integrate evolutionary anthropological and cybernetic theory to better understand our system emergence and evolution.

At the end of the day, he makes a very good point because as people augment themselves with technology their biology will begin to evolve differently from those who are resist augmenting themselves with chips in the brain, more advanced artificial limbs and more.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:07 PM
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Good point and I think it's a future some want for us as well as being a future we can't avoid because of the increase in technology. I do think the population control advocates will use these things as an excuse to control the size of the population as well as ration out how resources are consumed.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:20 PM

originally posted by: neoholographic

What he's talking about is evolution.

At the end of the day, he makes a very good point because as people augment themselves with technology their biology will begin to evolve differently from those who are resist augmenting themselves with chips in the brain, more advanced artificial limbs and more.

By the letter, yes, you can call it evolution. But when something changes our biology to the point where we don't really NEED our own biology, you have this

There are people of course who think our bodies are a waste of space. To those people, this is evolution as we would be evolving into something more brain oriented than physically oriented. The other crowd see's this as de-evolution.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:43 AM

This is Daily Mail junk science fluff piece, nothing more.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:57 AM
A species is often defined as the largest group of organisms capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:23 PM
Whenever a person makes a claim for a future, it makes me thing to the 50's. "By the year 2000, we will have flying cars and jetpacks", "By the year 2000 we will have..."

Yes we will have the technology to do all those things by 2050 but, things like ethics and Fema and angry Evangelists who suddenly think God's name is Allah will prevent us from reaching that reality. I am pretty sure there will be some George B. Nixon who will start a war with China. In 2045 some guy will claim that by 2100 we will have people living on Uranus. Once again we will have the technology, but greed and idiocy will stop us.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:37 PM
I'm already disappointed with where society is heading. I hate to think of how things are going to be in several years, though I suppose there's nothing to do but endure through it....whether I'm living in a matrix or not. We might already be living in one. Maybe by that time someone will pull the plug.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:44 PM
edit on 16-9-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

top topics