It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why wikileaks not leaking the details of Area 51 thing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Ujwaleshwar123456789
I would think that anything related to Detachment 3 is highly compartmentalized, especially due to the variety of defense contractors employed there. I doubt there's a gov't database that houses information regarding 'Area 51.' You'd have to 'steal' information from all those companies and organizations and I believe that would be highly unlikely. There's no way the employees of those contractors are going to risk their jobs, current and future employment, finances, and nice pensions to be a source or leak. Detachment 3's strength lies in their variety of organizations, having been employed there for decades. JMHO

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
My guess - which is what we are doing;
Would be that it is now a tourist must visit!
With no meat on those old bones !

That stuff of legend ; if it was ever real - has left he building !

How much can it cost the black budget to supply a crappy old bus - some alerted by infrared - cammo dudes in SUV's ?

* Ducks - looks around .

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
My guess - which is what we are doing;
Would be that it is now a tourist must visit!
With no meat on those old bones !

That stuff of legend ; if it was ever real - has left he building !

How much can it cost the black budget to supply a crappy old bus - some alerted by infrared - cammo dudes in SUV's ?

* Ducks - looks around .

I'll disagree with this one. Ever since that article came out years ago talking about how area 51 has been moved people have actually believed it. And while I think that a small fraction of the work done at area 51 has been moved to other places, the vast majority of the flight testing still goes on there to this day. Area 51 in my opinion has never been a place where aliens and alien technology has been tested at, rather its detachment 3 of the Air Force Flight Test Center based at Edwards AFB. And while I have no proof that today its being used as a flight testing location, I know for a fact that from 2000-2006 it most certainly was being used as a flight test center.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

It is now under control of Eglin & the AFTC (Air Force Test Center).

Here it is explained in a fbo.gov solicitation, with key word "formerly":

The Joint Range Technical Services (J-Tech) Program is in the process of developing the acquisition strategy for the J-Tech follow-on contract, J-Tech II. Technical requirements for the J-Tech II procurement are similar to work described in the J-Tech General Technical Requirements Document (TRD), contract number: F42650-01-C-7218. Services are to be performed at the currently participating locations: 412 Test Wing, formerly Air Force Flight Test Center (AFFTC), Edwards AFB, CA; Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) Nellis AFB, NV; Utah Test and Training Range (UTTR), Hill AFB, UT; and Echo Range Complex (ECR), China Lake, CA.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

It is now under control of Eglin & the AFTC (Air Force Test Center).

Here it is explained in a fbo.gov solicitation, with key word "formerly":

The Joint Range Technical Services (J-Tech) Program is in the process of developing the acquisition strategy for the J-Tech follow-on contract, J-Tech II. Technical requirements for the J-Tech II procurement are similar to work described in the J-Tech General Technical Requirements Document (TRD), contract number: F42650-01-C-7218. Services are to be performed at the currently participating locations: 412 Test Wing, formerly Air Force Flight Test Center (AFFTC), Edwards AFB, CA; Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) Nellis AFB, NV; Utah Test and Training Range (UTTR), Hill AFB, UT; and Echo Range Complex (ECR), China Lake, CA.

Oh yeah, I forgot they dropped the word flight from it.

Library > Fact Sheets > Air Force Test Center 

AIR FORCE TEST CENTER

Posted 3/4/2014  Printable Fact Sheet 
 Photos 

Air Force Test Center, Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.
Download HiRes

The Air Force Flight Test Center was re-designated as the Air Force Test Center July 13, 2012, and is an essential cornerstone to the command's consolidation initiative from 12 centers to five.

The Air Force Test Center, headquartered at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif., conducts developmental test and evaluation of air, space and cyber systems to provide timely, objective and accurate information to decision makers. The AFTC has oversight of work carried out at three primary locations across Air Force Materiel Command, including: 

412th Test Wing - Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.

The 412th TW performs test and evaluation on aircraft and systems and influences weapon systems design to make sure they meet operational warfighting, combat support or training requirements. The 412th TW also operates the U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School. 

Arnold Engineering and Development Complex - Arnold Air Force Base, Tenn.

Arnold Engineering and Development Complex scientists and engineers perform ground tests, engineering analysis and technical evaluations for all the U.S. armed forces, other government agencies and commercial aerospace industry on aircraft, missiles and space systems at the conditions they will experience during a mission for research, system development and operational programs for AFMC's air and ground systems. Arnold is an essential cornerstone to the command's consolidation initiative from 12 centers to five.

96th Test Wing - Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.

The 96th TW plans, directs and documents test and evaluation of armament, navigation, guidance systems, and command and control systems. 

Edwards Air Force Base is also home to the 412th Test Wing, which is the host unit. The base also hosts tenant organizations, including the NASA-Armstrong Flight Research Center, Air Force Research Laboratory's Propulsion Directorate and the Air Force Operational and Test Evaluation Center's Detachment 5. 

Edwards
edit on 18-9-2014 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_
1) Maybe he doesn't have access to that level of special-access program.

2) Maybe he doesn't want the US to know that he has/had access to militarily strategic secrets.

3) Maybe he doesn't want the Russians to know that he has/had access to militarily strategic secrets.

But everybody already knows he has had access in the past to military secrets.
It's no big secret he is hiding under his pillow.

How is it that ordinary people suspected of terrorism are intercepted at airports, but whistleblowers, defectors, and people who've hacked government and military networks and stolen data, are able to travel across the world to hide without anyone noticing until they are in a safe place supposedly hiding?

All that Wikileaks and Snowden have actually done is confirm what many people and most if not all conspiracy theorists or people into reading conspiracy theories, have known or suspected for over a decade anyway, if not longer.

I mean, come on, was it such a big shock and revelation that the US along with it's closest allies is spying on peoples communications?

We live in a digital age. Of course they are intercepting things. It's their job.
Just like before digital communications, when we had analogue phones, we were subject to "phone tapping" or having our mail intercepted and read/checked before we got it. Or having officers keeping surveillance on people, taking photos and notes.

All that's happened is the methods have evolved like our technology has evolved.

What's he going to release about Area 51 anyway? That they test secret weapon programs out there?
Who doesn't know that already?
It's widely suspected and claimed already that the top secret stuff happens at other sites now anyway.
Area 51 is just the main stream popular culture thing now.

In the Aussie outback desert they test things all the time. From UAV's to new munitions and scram jet engines.
Difference is there isn't the same level of scrutiny from the public, there isn't the whole UFO crash phenomenon like with Roswell and others in the USA. So most people don't pay much attention to what goes on in our desert.
It's also worth factoring in that Australia is sparsely populated especially in the interior.
The USA has lots of little towns and inland cities. Australia's cities are on the coastal fringes, with few towns in the interior, and those that are there are few and far between. Like really far between.
edit on 7-10-2014 by mortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex
In the Aussie outback desert they test things all the time. From UAV's to new munitions and scram jet engines.
Difference is there isn't the same level of scrutiny from the public, there isn't the whole UFO crash phenomenon like with Roswell and others in the USA. So most people don't pay much attention to what goes on in our desert.
It's also worth factoring in that Australia is sparsely populated especially in the interior.
The USA has lots of little towns and inland cities. Australia's cities are on the coastal fringes, with few towns in the interior, and those that are there are few and far between. Like really far between.

yup northern territory (where pine gap is) has a density of 0.2 people per square kilometre (2010). you could be 100s of kilometres from the nearest person!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

What I'd give to have been in your position! Refuelling as of yet undisclosed aircraft and seeing them actively up close and in the air. Truly fascinating

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: orgncpndmc

originally posted by: mortex

yup northern territory (where pine gap is) has a density of 0.2 people per square kilometre (2010). you could be 100s of kilometres from the nearest person!

Pine Gape is just one site.
Heard of Nurrungar in SA near Woomera? Nurrungar used to be a space based surveillance site. Early warning and all that stuff. They actually detected scud launches by Iraqi troops and alerted ground forces over there. Apparently it only took a second to notify the guys at Cheyene Mountain. It's shut down now and you can't get in without activating a whole host of alarms apparently, and I wouldn't want to find our what happens if you do considering it was a joint Australia-USA base. Some protestors who got into an ASIS and SAS facility near Melbourne were dragged through gravel naked apparently..lol.

Then there is Woomera just north of Nurrungar. The British used to test missiles and rockets out there.
We test a whole bunch of stuff, and so do other paying users. The Japanese have even used it too I believe.
Queensland Uni uses it to test their scram jet technology. We test weapons and other things.
I think the British have even brought one of their new UAV's to test it out there.
A few years ago the government decided to spend 500 million on upgrading the facilities.

There's actually a huge prohibited area, which extends from Woomera all the way to the WA coast line.

And then there is WA..Exmouth and the Harold Holt Naval Communication station. It's the most powerful transmission station in the southern hemisphere. It's soon also going to be a space surveillance system site, and the space surveillance telescope will be based there. Should be up and running by 2016 supposedly.

These are most of the sites known about.
Then there's rumors of other things going on at these sites, and rumors of other sites.

All I know is that from the NT all the way down to Glendambo, there's many who have claimed to have witnessed a UFO.

People don't realize how remote and isolated the outback is. Until they go for a drive.

Once you hit Port Augusta, and keep heading north..next town is Woomera population about 200
Then Glendambo population 77
Then Coober Pedy population 1600
Then Marla population 72
Then Kulgera population 50...

You get the point I'm sure.
And these are towns which are hundreds of kilometers from each other along the Stuart Highway..there's nothing else in between except desert. You wouldn't even want to camp out there.

But it would be interesting to spend a few weeks in the remote wilderness star gazing.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

To add ...

en.wikipedia.org...

Much unknown things in our outback ...

More than just Bunyips, me thinks.

Ed: "Pine Gap" ...

edit on 14-10-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Wow, you got stars for saying nothing

Korg.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Kind of makes you wonder what event needs to happen in this world, so that the US will finally show its hand as to the advanced technology they currently have hidden deep in black projects. I mean thousands of our troops dying isn't enough. The outbreak of deadly disease isn't enough. The collapse of the world's economy isn't enough. The threat of Russia and a destabilized Europe isn't enough.

I guess we really are waiting on ET to come knock on our door.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
Kind of makes you wonder what event needs to happen in this world, so that the US will finally show its hand as to the advanced technology they currently have hidden deep in black projects. I mean thousands of our troops dying isn't enough. The outbreak of deadly disease isn't enough. The collapse of the world's economy isn't enough. The threat of Russia and a destabilized Europe isn't enough.

I guess we really are waiting on ET to come knock on our door.

ET? Nah, I think if the much talked about WW3 ever started, you'd either see a whole bunch of strange things happening that we can't explain, military things, or nothing out of the ordinary except for what we already know is in the military's arsenal.

I think for sure there is a lot of experimental stuff going on, but I don't believe in things like secret space fleets and secret space bases and secret mach 20 or whatever jets and what not.
It's be pretty cool if there was some secret space fleet and we had bases beyond earth, because that would confirm the possibility that one day(hopefully while I'm still alive) we will be able to go to other planets. But I doubt it very much.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
...Hmmm...
Why would the weird-looking pasty white guy with oddly dark eyes who never goes out in public anymore not spill the big Alien secrets?...

*OMG!*

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

Wow, you got stars for saying nothing

Korg.

Must be the way I didn't say it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

a reply to: _Del_

4) Maybe there is no "Area 51 thing.'

You can see the thing on google earth.

But you have to search groom lake.

"Area 51 thing" doesn't get you anywhere

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints

a reply to: _Del_

4) Maybe there is no "Area 51 thing.'

You can see the thing on google earth.

But you have to search groom lake.

"Area 51 thing" doesn't get you anywhere

Groom exists. I just don't know what is meant by the OP's "Area 51 thing". Does he mean aliens? SAPs? Maybe one of those "things" does not exist.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_

Groom exists. I just don't know what is meant by the OP's "Area 51 thing". Does he mean aliens? SAPs? Maybe one of those "things" does not exist.

I guess he means the details of the interior workings of Area 51.

They do have a lot of classified activities there.
It's possible that they keep all of their information in a different place from wiki links sources.
Just a thought.

Interesting thing about Groom lake.
If you find it on google earth and go west, you can see all of the craters from atomic testing.
One of those craters is a quarter mile across and 250 feet deep.
Looks like the surface of the moon and I'll bet it's pretty hot over there from all of the radiation.
I wonder if Area 51 has radiation research too.
They're in the right place for it.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh yes there is.

And you better believe they test some highly secretive stuff there. They do a lot of testing at nellis, really secret stuff, and that's just on base.

I don't know I think you'd be surprised what they test on these desert bases. They would never let the military touch the real secret stuff though.

Point magu
Vandenburgh
China lake
Eglin
Nellis
Yuma
Edwards

Lots of testing going on at these bases for sure.

edit on 10/19/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join