It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Hits of the 80's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Ok, one more but that's my final offer, lol...

Lionel Richie - All Night Long (Official/Original video)
And let me just say, after watching this for the 1st time in eons... the 80's music vids were not sleezy, they were 'intelligent' and they were fun and not 'dark.' In fact, I look back and think that we had a chance in the 80's to pull it all together as a human race. We were more upbeat; we had more hope and less cynicism. (Even if we did have weird hair-do's and clothes, haha)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ItzShadyT

Yes, yes I am into dance music. I remember "Margarita Mondays" with a group of teachers in the 80's... and Higher Love takes me right back to that dance floor, lol...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm not sure about lost, but I love "Radio Romance" by Tiffany... I need to work out an acoustic version so I can perform it for open mic night! Also White Snake "Here I Go Again". An artist by the name of Audra Mae did a really good cover of "Here I Go" which I stumbled upon while watching The Good Wife...
I was born in the 80s so I guess I don't have a very deep song bank to dig through.

ps- sorry I couldn't post the vids- either it's a new member restriction or I just haven't figured it out yet (I did push that youtube button)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I agree, the 80's seemed a lot more positive. Especially hollywood and the music industry. I was born in the 90's and even I see and hear the difference in entertainment.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WildCatWilly

I was born in 94, and 80's music is some of the greatest music I've ever heard homie. Good luck on that open mic btw. You should should record it and post it here.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It may not be a lost hit but - and I'm not making this up - I got a phone call from 867-5309 recently. That's a bit freaky.

Russ Ballard - Voices - Heard this the other day, actually, on the radio. Still rocks.
Axe - Rock And Roll Party In The Streets - Fun song that I've remembered but no one else seems to.
Steel Breeze - You Don't Want/Love Me Anymore - First concert I saw, opening for Kansas. Not a great band. I can't even remember the title to the song.
Black Sabbath - The Shining - No Ozzy or Dio, it's Tony Martin but I dig this tune, especially the radio edit if you can find it.
Greg Kihn - Conspiracy - I must have seen this a thousand times on EmptyV.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItzShadyT
a reply to: new_here

I agree, the 80's seemed a lot more positive. Especially hollywood and the music industry. I was born in the 90's and even I see and hear the difference in entertainment.

Then you are a wise-young-whippersnapper (LoL on the old term my grandfather used to use!) My kids are a lot like you... I think they (and you?) are 'old souls' because they seem to have so much more understanding than their years should account for.

And I agree with you about Holly-weird and the music industry. But what do you reckon served as catalyst? I mean, was there a particular set of circumstances or events that took things off into a negative whirlwind? Because I've pondered it, and I cannot settle on the answer to that.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I grew up in the 80's(born in '71). It was a great time, it really was. The music, the movies,-there was a lot of creativity going on. Unfortunately, it all dies in the mid-to-late 90's for some reason and has sucked bad ever since(IMO).

This one here is one of my all-time fav's:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
In my opinion, most of the music from the 80s can stay lost. However, I will concede that there are a few gems to be unearthed in your treasure hunt. Good luck to you, but I'm not holding my breath.
edit on 12-9-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So 80s.... and those vocals (and HAIR!!)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Some of these songs may not be lost hits, but I just rarely hear them anymore, and I get funny looks from my nephew if I ever have any playing when he's around, so I guess they qualify?

edit on vamFriday11am930 by valiant because: (no reason given)

edit on vamFriday12am930 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
"Back on the Chain Gang" - The Pretenders... a catchy tune:

And one of my favorite Heart songs - "These Dreams" (There are lots of Heart songs I also like, which do not fall into the 80's era!)

And let us not, under ANY circumstances, forget the magic of The Traveling Wilburys!!!
George Harrison, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, Bob Dylan & Jeff Lynne... you guys ROCK!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join