It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious "light pillar" in the sky over Malaysia, stayed there for three hours

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I haven't seen this on ATS, sorry if it's already been posted, but I saw this at celestial convergence. A mysterious and very large light pillar appeared in the skies over a city in Malaysia. The freakiest part of the whole episode is that is stayed there, fixed in the sky, for three hours.

Myserious light pillar in the sky for three hours

Light pillars are usually reflections of sun or moon light because of ice crystals. I suppose it can happen, but it seems pretty significant that this one was this high up, large and stayed for three hours. Any light pillar is pretty rare, so to see this one would have been pretty cool. The story says that many people were frightened thinking it was a sign of doomsday.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Wow what a scary event..i wonder if there any corelation from yesterday x flare? I searching on youtube but get nothing..
Snf sir!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Light pillar are more often cause by city light reflecting on ice particle in the sky ...

en.wikipedia.org...
goo.gl...
edit on 11-9-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Looks like the eye of Sauron from LOTR lol

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cheesy

Hey Cheesy, haven't seen ya around in a while. How have you been? This event above happened on Tuesday.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

This one definitely doesn't look like your typical city light reflecting light pillar. This is certainly something else. It's ice crystals, but it's either sun or moon. There's definitely been enough moisture in the atmosphere lately with all the rain everywhere.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cheesy
Wow what a scary event..i wonder if there any corelation from yesterday x flare? I searching on youtube but get nothing..
Snf sir!

Hi Cheesy!! We've all missed you! I hope you are well.

I probably would have been a little scared to see it as well. I hope someone can find out what it was and what caused it.

edit on 9/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing. It would've been a perfect time to for a drone-owner to fly into it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Cheesy, my friend! It's good to see you posting again!

It's probably the reddest light pillar I've seen yet in photos, but shape-wise, looks within the range of normal, I think. Hasn't this region been receiving a huge amount of rain & humidity lately? It's got to be directly correlated to that uptick.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

That's what I was just saying. There's been a lot of moisture so we're going to have these effects. I've seen some pretty good light pillars the last couple of years, but they were all the ones from city lights reflecting into the moisture. They were the color of the city lights as well. This one here is pretty red.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cheesy
Snf sir!

OMG!
Cheesy! You're alive.
So good to see that avatar again!

As for the light...

Was that today..
And even though we had a CME/X flare... not to be here till tomorrow... could that be a cause?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Spooky!
Crazy effect . I think we may want to ask why there is so much ice
in the upper atmosphere to cause this to be seen in India ?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Yes red..

The first Aurora I ever saw started as a Red pillar of light...
Then spread out and onto green..
Great photo though..

Wish I Knew..

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The pillar of light heralds the return of a pillar
to our community! A hail cheezy!
Besides all that, what a strange occurance?
edit on Rpm91114v46201400000008 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Camera light reflection from the window he was looking out of.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
interesting

They took pictures of the incident and shared them via WhatsApp as well as uploaded them on social media websites.

yet can only find the one and the "enhanced " of the one

[tinfoil hat]
what if it was a sign from what ever saying that that is the spot that will be hit the hardest from the x1.6 flair coming [/tinfoil hat]

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
I haven't seen this on ATS, sorry if it's already been posted, but I saw this at celestial convergence. A mysterious and very large light pillar appeared in the skies over a city in Malaysia. The freakiest part of the whole episode is that is stayed there, fixed in the sky, for three hours.

Myserious light pillar in the sky for three hours

Light pillars are usually reflections of sun or moon light because of ice crystals. I suppose it can happen, but it seems pretty significant that this one was this high up, large and stayed for three hours. Any light pillar is pretty rare, so to see this one would have been pretty cool. The story says that many people were frightened thinking it was a sign of doomsday.

Ya know..
I think I saw this over china some time ago too..
China ordered an airport shut down...
I wish I I could dig up that ATS thread..

It's not a pillar.. but a suspended pillar at best....

S&F..

Love to know!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
a reply to: Nyiah

That's what I was just saying. There's been a lot of moisture so we're going to have these effects. I've seen some pretty good light pillars the last couple of years, but they were all the ones from city lights reflecting into the moisture. They were the color of the city lights as well. This one here is pretty red.

Here is a photo of one that I had saved in my ATS photo gallery that looks similar.

If I remember correctly the source was an Scandinavian oil refinery.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: cheesy

Hi cheesy
Sure have missed you!
Glad you are still around.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
No-one has addressed the obvious...that I've seen...
Has anyone looked to see if there was a cloud in/around the same location...during the day?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join