It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late night sleep walking and eating...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Ok I don't really talk about this but I want to see how many others do this.

I have a tendency to sleep walk and eat in the middle of the night. It's usually chocolate. I always have dark chocolate on hand, the darker the better. During the day I will have one piece and it satisfies my sweet tooth and some days I have none that is until I go to bed.

I have woken up with crackers, bread, chocolate and even pizza in my hand. It's kind of embarrassing but it is starting to drive me nuts. I don't do it every night though. I am on temazepam for insomnia but I did the sleep eating long before that.

I've told my doctors about it but they don't seem too concerned about it. I'm also very OCD with things esp organization and they don't find it severe either.

Idk. Any ideas? Anyone else do this?
edit on 9/11/2014 by mblahnikluver because: Typo

edit on 9/11/2014 by mblahnikluver because: Spelling error

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Chocolate, mmm! I wish i had some to wake up to.

If you wake up with a gun in your hand then you can worry.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I've sleep walked a few times but would not have known it if I hadn't left my blanket where I'd been. I have trouble sleeping too and these days I just apply booze which I'd like to stop. How is the temazepam working out for you?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Chocolate, mmm! I wish i had some to wake up to.

If you wake up with a gun in your hand then you can worry.

Haha that made me laugh. Yea that would make me worry.

I'm not into sweets unless it's dark chocolate and it's usually this European brand I get at the store. It's damn expensive so I make it last a week. I use to have little bowls of dark chocolate dove pieces but stopped that a while ago due to some ingredients I cut out of my diet, plus when my sister or mother in law came they would eat the all the damn chocolate in the bowl. I hide my chocolate and wine when they come now lol

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Don't feel bad. Im horrible with talking, walking, eating in my sleep. My family, ex wife, kids and gf know about it so they aren't surprised. The subconscious me is not very nice most of the time and likes cheese. And no pants (or underpants).

Strange but sadly true.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
I've sleep walked a few times but would not have known it if I hadn't left my blanket where I'd been. I have trouble sleeping too and these days I just apply booze which I'd like to stop. How is the temazepam working out for you?

It actually it's bad. I had to take two because one didn't do anything. I like that it doesn't make me just pass out. I start to feel heavy in the eyes and I can go to sleep and stay asleep. I've never been able to do that. I would always wake up around 2-3am and be up a couple of hours. I am usually in bed by 10 now and get up around 7. I've never had that much sleep before so it's nice. I do fine on minimal sleep but it's nice to get just those extra couple hours of uninterrupted sleep.

I was given ambien about 10 yrs ago for my insomnia and I hated it. I took it for less than a week or so. I made a steak dinner with sides and had NO recollection of making it. When my bf at the time came home from work at 7am the next morning he asked if I had made dinner and I said no so he pointed at the table in the bedroom. It was an empty plate and in the fridge were leftovers and clean dishes in the sink! I was so freaked out that I didn't remember doing it I never took one again.

This is the first time in my life that I take any kind of medication. I don't like prescription meds but I've tried so many natural remedies and they didn't work or I had weird side effects. I took melatonin and that stuff was FREAKY! It was like my body was asleep but my mind wasn't. It was very weird.

I take 30mg of temazepam (2 15mg pills). I also take Fioricet for my neck problems, bulging discs and no curvature in my neck. I was told it would affect the temazepam and make me drowsy even more but so far I have not had that happen.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Don't feel bad. Im horrible with talking, walking, eating in my sleep. My family, ex wife, kids and gf know about it so they aren't surprised. The subconscious me is not very nice most of the time and likes cheese. And no pants (or underpants).

Strange but sadly true.

Cheese? That's a different one. I love cheese! I'd be in trouble if I went for cheese in my sleep!

My ex talked in his sleep and I would have full on conversations with him in his sleep and he wouldn't even remember it.

It's weird how the mind and body work when we are in sleep mode.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I tried melatonin years ago. You're right about the lucid dreams. I would wake up more tired than when I went to bed. I take diazepam now and have for a few years, but I've always had sleep problems. They're hereditary.

I'm not always mean, my gf just said, most of the time I'm focused and theorizing on something, but I get mad at any kind of covering for my man parts. Odd.

top topics

join