It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seven Days and God's Plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The way I understand the two creation myths of 'The Seven Days and Eden' in Genesis 1-5 -- is that it is a prophecy showing the development of science and religion over a span of several thousand years. It contains compact prophecies our past, present and future, and by following the key from Psalm 90, that 1 day for God is 1000 years on Earth, and following a weekly pattern, an intertwined cyclic prophecy of Man's development emerges and with him, Religion and Science. Below I have analysed the texts and established a pattern that seems to correspond remarkably accurate to historical data for the passed 6000 years since the dawn of Civilisation.

Before we start biting each other's heads off, can we please agree on trying to keep a civil tone in this thread? AND I DO NOT BELIEVE THE UNIVERSE IS 6000 YEARS OLD. I'm not really religious either, I like to call myself a scientist, but I believe in God and I love the ancient sacred books. There, enough with introduction and disclaimer, I'll just leave you to it then:

"Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." [ESV] Matthew 6:10

Day 1 Heaven and Earth - Spirit and Water - Light and Darkness
==> Dualism and Language - Shamanism and Pantheism
  • Genesis 1:1-5

Day 2 Water separated from water - God names the sky Heaven
    ==> Cyclism and Forecasting - Prophecy
  • Genesis 1:6-8

Day 3 Land and Seas - Plants and Trees
    ==> Geography, Agriculture and Forestry - Cults of the Dead
  • Genesis 1:9-13

Day 4 Sun, Moon and Stars
    ==> Navigation, Calendars - Astrological Pantheons
  • Genesis 1:14-19

Day 5 Sea Creatures and Birds
    ==> Beasts of the Sea, Kings and Angels - Magic and Mysticism
  • Genesis 1:20-23

Day 6 Beasts of the Earth, Cloning and The Image of God
    ==> Scientists and Computers - Divine Man
  • Genesis 1:24-31

Day 7 Sabbath, Adam and Paradise, The Fall
    ==> Corresponds to Day 1
  • Genesis 2-5

Day 1' Noah and the Flood
    ==> Corresponds to Day 2
  • Genesis 6-11

Day 2' Abraham and the Patriarchs
    ==> Corresponds to Day 3
  • Genesis 12-50

Day 3' King David and the Temple
    ==> Corresponds to Day 4
  • 1&2Samuel-1Kings 11

Day 4' Jesus and Christianity
    ==> Corresponds to Day 5
  • New Testament

Day 5' Church and the Christ Empire
    ==> Corresponds to Day 6
  • Revelation 1-6:8

Day 6' The Global Village and Science
    ==> Corresponds to Day 7
  • Revelation 6:9-18:10

Day 7' Sabbath and The Peace Millennium
    ==> Corresponds to Day 1 and Day 7
  • Revelation 18:11-20:15

Day 1'' The New Jerusalem, Return of God
    ==> A new Heaven and a New Earth
  • Revelation 21-22

edit on 11-9-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: ref + corresponding days + lineshifts + typography + changed title + moved language + trees

• posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:57 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Religion is DUG in, Science is DUG in.

I am the kind of person who takes a little bit from religion, and a little bit from science. I take what makes personal sense to me. And put Faith in both religion and science.
    But at the end of the day. I feel neither science or religion are absolute truths. I feel both can teach us many things that can make us "better" people, and "smarter" people.
    Yet anyone that is going to dig themselves into a foxhole on one side or the other, and claim there is no truth to one side or the other.
    They both have it wrong. Yet they both have bits and pieces right. If you read between the lines. You can find many truths in both realms. You just have to know where and how to see it.

And understand non sense. Such as. The bible was written by God.
    Science- pseudo science type stuff = Absolute word of God type stuff.

Someday. More and more people are going to put down the pointy words, and start talking with less pointy words.
    I talk with many church going folks, and we agree on so much.
    But then we get to this point, where it starts to break down. That is when I change the subject.. lol

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:40 PM
    link   
    a reply to: zysin5

If I am religious, then science is my religion. I believe mathematics is the language of God and that humanity is destined to become divine through knowledge, and will become star-travellers like the Gods that sorted out our solar system and spawned life here-- and we will colonise new stars under alien skies.

I believe that one day in the distant future, a descendant to present day humanity will sit under unseen constellations, reading the words of Genesis being puzzled by how these weeks have been coming and going just as it were in ancient times, eons ago. It's a nice thought to entertain.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:43 PM
    link   

Updated the illustration to include astrological ages, and progressing Greatest Panelemental Conjunctions (GPC) between Jupiter and Saturn. Every fifth GPC seem to happen every 973 years, progressing a little less than 30° along the Zodiac every time.

Scorpio in 3898 BC
    Sagittarius in 2925 BC
    Capricorn in 1952 BC
    Aquarius in 979 BC
    Pisces 6 BC
    Aries in 967 AD
    Taurus in 1940 AD
    Gemini in 2913 AD

edit on 12-9-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Edited pic + GPC

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:12 AM
    link   

From a lovely book I bought a while back called Studies in Hebrew Astronomy and Mathematics by Solomon Gandz (p. 183) you can read the following:

§4 The hour of Saturn is at the Beginning of Creation and of the Great Solar Cycle.
    "One Baraitha reads: He who sees the sun in the beginning of his cycle, or the planets at that point where their orbits commence, or the constellation in their proper order, should recite the blessing: Praised be He who is the originator of creation…"

OK, here we go, have mercy:

Praised be He who is the Originator of Creation!

Fixed a typo in the Hebrew and stuffed in some more info. I have used rough periods of 2000 years for the astrological ages, the classical way of counting years for the precession of the equinox is 72 x 30 = 2160 years-- but that's not entirely accurate either, so I stick with 2000 years.
    edit on 12-9-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Added updated pic and PS

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:44 PM
    link   

I believe that one day in the distant future, a descendant to present day humanity will sit under unseen constellations, reading the words of Genesis

Oh, lord. I sincerely hope that descendant in the distant future is reading it as "ancient mythology" along with Cliff's Notes.

S/F for the thread, though.

edit on 9/12/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:47 PM
    link   

Scorpio in 3898 BC

I'm a Scorpio (est. 1958 CE)....
    how do you feel about reincarnation? Is a soul's birth-sign (sun sign) the same throughout their lifetimes? Does that mean I've been coming back for over 6,000 years?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:38 AM
    link   
    This is an interesting buy incorrect theory. Please understand that what I am about to type, is only what the Bible says and it's context. Rather or not you believe this, is up to you.

In genesis, for each day, it is said that the sun rises, then the word for day meaning a literal 24h period of time is used, then the sun sets. In addition to this, God create all that there is, including the Earth, dinosaurs and other animals, then humans. At this point there is still no death. Nothing has did, until after humans sinned and turned from God's ways.

This right away disagrees with the mainstream theory of the Big Bang and Evolution, which is the basis of what I believe to be the State Religion of the US.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:41 AM
    link   

In the Book of Zohar it states under chapter 'flower buds' that the six days symbolize the creation of our spiritual nature so it seems the Hebrew Bible has two interpretations, one symbolic, one literal, two books for the price of one!

If our spiritual nature (or male) is more important than the physical nature (female) it makes sense that the male is symbolically encoded within Genesis. Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image"... that suggests a future event or intent. It appears that Genesis is about our true nature not a prophecy about recent history.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:00 AM
    link   
    a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I don't really believe in astrology. These are astronomical references. Alignments that the ancients observed and the precession of the zodical alignment of the Sun at vernal equinox. Time references, and since they are regular events, occurring about every 1000 and 2000 years, I included these astronomical observations in the timeline.

ETA: Forgot... As for reincarnation? I believe there is one life. An eternal one. This human tractor here my soul is bound to now will die and rot, but not the life that animates it and fills it with consciousness and reason, it will choose/build/breed another host later when this lump of meat starts decomposing.
    edit on 13-9-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: eta

And in reply to: BuzzyWigs
    ...I guess he reads it as a puzzling timeless and in all respects a priceless artifact that formed humanity and lead us to divine insight and put our souls on fire. Which is a good thing btw. Genesis shows the process Man went through from being a neolithic nomad who ate mushrooms and listened to natures spirits-- to becoming a civilised city dweller with domesticated animals grazing in the town's outlands. Further it shows Man as the Philosopher and finally Man grows into the Universal Man, speeding through space building cities of astronomical proportions, playing the ol' game of creation and civilisation alongside the gods that spawned us, levelling solar systems, colonising planets and designing new forms of life.
    edit on 13-9-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: ...

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:28 AM
    link   

originally posted by: mikefougnie
    This is an interesting buy incorrect theory. Please understand that what I am about to type, is only what the Bible says and it's context. Rather or not you believe this, is up to you.

Just to sort that out, I am not saying God created the universe 6000 years ago.

In genesis, for each day, it is said that the sun rises, then the word for day meaning a literal 24h period of time is used, then the sun sets. In addition to this, God create all that there is, including the Earth, dinosaurs and other animals, then humans. At this point there is still no death. Nothing has did, until after humans sinned and turned from God's ways.

Hehe, you haven't looked very closely at Genesis 1, have you? Well, it doesn't say the Sun comes up or goes down anywhere actually, it closes every day (or time, age, eon or generation...) with "...and there were mornings and there were evenings, a third time/day" and similar. So it's not really 24hr periods. To make it even more complicated, the old Hebrews counted the day from sunset to sunset. And a little more than 100 years ago we started a new day at noon up here. The Genesis days start off in pitch darkness and ends in daylight. In Genesis 1 the Sun isn't actually revealed until the fourth day. Earth must have been awfully cloudy back then.

This right away disagrees with the mainstream theory of the Big Bang and Evolution, which is the basis of what I believe to be the State Religion of the US.

Big Bang? The world wasn't made yesterday, love. I am talking about a period of 7000 years from the great Dawn of the Blondes (thank God for that event! Great bangs and heaven apply of course), written language and civilisation, 6000 years of world history up to today and further about 1000 years into the future.
    edit on 13-9-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: tag + added generation

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:37 AM
    link   
    a reply to: glend

It's all that. And more. It's such an intriguing and amazing piece of literature that I can surely understand how people see it as divine. A gem of sorts.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:38 AM
    link   

originally posted by: glend

In the Book of Zohar it states under chapter 'flower buds' that the six days symbolize the creation of our spiritual nature so it seems the Hebrew Bible has two interpretations, one symbolic, one literal, two books for the price of one!

If our spiritual nature (or male) is more important than the physical nature (female) it makes sense that the male is symbolically encoded within Genesis. Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image"... that suggests a future event or intent. It appears that Genesis is about our true nature not a prophecy about recent history.

Yes!!! I've come to this same conclusion. I've never read the zohar btw, so thats pretty cool to see some "validation" of that.

I discovered this when I started looking at Genesis 1:1, at the usages and meanings of the words used.
    It is a verse of 7 words. It speaks of birthing of the first fruits elohim, the Aleph-Tav(Alpha-Omega), the (new)heaven and (new)earth.

This is also what the book of Revelation is about: The unveiling/birthing of Jesus Christ(spirit man), (that is the title line of the book, Rev 1:1) This is what Paul spoke about as the Revelation(unveiling) of the mystery (hidden behind the veil/matrix)...christ in you the hope of glory, that we are now seated in the heavenlies, the two shall become one(7th day), forming of one new man(man of heaven/spirit)

The 6th day men/beasts are made. The 7th day is entering his rest, being seated in the heavenlies, this was the mystery veiled in ages past. The 7th day is entered when we walk through the veil of flesh (Hebrews 10), which is the cherubim veil, the chimera of man/beast. We leave behind the beast nature(666) on the 6th day as the beast is revealed-unveiled at the same time that the son(777) is revealed-unveiled.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:19 AM
    link   

originally posted by: glend

In the ancient Mesopotamian book of Atrahasis (c. 1700 BC) which contains an older rendering of the Noah story, there was a schism between the Gods. Anu (the Annunaki) stayed in the sky, Ellil (the Igigi) on the Earth, Enki the Sea and Apsu the Netherworld. But the gods of the sky put the gods below them in hard slavery to dig out giant rivers and canals, so eventually there was an uprising, and there were massive wars between the gods. The end of which became the decision to:

Create primeval man, that he may bear the yoke !
    Let him bear the yoke, the work of Ellil,
    Let man bear the load of the gods !
    Myths from Mesopotamia (p. 15), Oxford ISBN 978-0-19-953836-2

And they made Man, and Man was put to relieve the Igigi of their work. But the blessing wouldn't last, for Man built great cities and the noise disturbed the sleep of the old gods, so the Gods decided to counter Man with plagues and wars and disasters, ending with Ellil instructing Anu to bring the Flood, before which the human hero Atrahasis (same as Utnapishtim in Gilgamesh) is instructed by Enki to build a great ship and gather in it animals of all kinds.

Most of the stories of Genesis are based on earlier, mostly Mesopotamian literature. Genesis 1 seems to be a much shortened and rewritten version of-- but still structurally and thematically based upon-- the Enuma Elish, an ancient Sumerian creation mythos. And lately I have read quite a few claims that the stories of Abraham are based on ancient stories belonging to the Indus civilisation.

These stories were put together, rewritten as a continuous witness of human history, into an esoteric masterpiece. Because of this it must be seen as a unique and separate voice.

Because I'm lazy and my Hebrew reading skills are terrible, I haven't had a proper read of the library of Kabbalah. Zohar, or the Bahir for that matter are books that stand out as truly amazing, but should be read in Hebrew to get the whole package and experience, for it is so closely linked up to language reading it in English wouldn't give the books the proper approach and environment they deserve in my opinion.
    edit on 13-9-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: -- _--

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:28 AM
    link   
    a reply to: mikefougnie

The way I see it, Genesis 1 says that In the beginning God was worshipped as Heaven and Earth, because I believe that in Genesis 1:1 onward God fathered (Heb. ברא or BaRA) the god (Heb. את or AT) of Heaven and the god of Earth, at the time of Adam and Eve and Eden, about 6000 years ago.

I see Adam and Eve were the first white Caucasians and within their lifetime they saw the dawn of civilisation, their oldest son built the world's first city east of Eden. The seven days of Genesis 1 (plus a few lines of Gen.2) shows how the ways we have seen and worshipped God has changed from pantheistic to cyclistic (tides, seasons), to astrology and so on.
    edit on 13-9-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Added quite a bit of flesh to the bone

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:12 AM
    link   
    a reply to: zardust

I suspect the book of Zohar is the key of knowledge (or part of) described in the Gospel of Thomas - "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so.". I believe this because some sentences in Gospel of Thomas "when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower" can only be explained by reading the Zohar.

If I understand the Zohar correctly, the Torah is a spiritual training manual that can only be understood by understanding the symbolic's. There are some pages that help decipher some of the Torah but its not an easy read, at least for me.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:43 AM
    link   

The Zohar, with it's 23 volumes reminds me a bit of Talmud as to share size of it's connected library. Zohar, like Talmud is more a school of thought, more theological in a sense, than a work on Kabbalah. Then again, I don't have whether the money nor the capacity to read it in it's proper language and mindset. To me, Kabbalah is language and magic. A way to observe, apply and change our universal perception and understanding of things and put your own illuminated mind in the centre of things, at the core of the universe. There's much hermetic cosmology and philosophy in Kabbalah, and references to alchemy and other Western schools of thought. It's like the window in the Ark of Noah. A view to the work of the gods, the vast flood of wisdom and knowledge, and a way, a divine pathway through all knowledge and wisdom to gain a good life in the presence of the god who made us. A structure or framework to build your life around. It's one side of Judaism that I truly admire, and how it has managed to survive alongside the development of modern science is nothing short of amazing.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:02 AM
    link   

Yes I have read also about flood stories etc coming from Mesopotamian as well. Of cause that doesn't in itself prove that both cultures didn't receive the same knowledge from a spiritual source. Many religions teach that when one reaches a certain state of enlightenment all knowledge can be accessed through the light of God.

But on topic your thread its interesting to note that Zohar points out how Song of Songs 2 relates to the Seven days symbolically.

“The flower buds” refer to the act of creation; “appeared on the earth.” When? On the third day, as it is said, “And
    the earth brought forth grass” (Beresheet, 1:12). “The time of singing has come” refers to the fourth day, the time of strictness, judgment, restriction. Therefore, on the fourth day, the word “lights” is written with a missing letter,
    which hints at the strictness of judgment and a curse. “And the voice of the turtle dove is heard” refers to the fifth day, on which it is said, “Let the waters swarm,” so that they can produce offspring. However, the words “is heard”
    already refer to the sixth day, on which it is said, “Let us make man,” who, in the future, shall put action before understanding (we shall do and we shall hear, Naaseh ve Nishmah). For here it is said, “Let us make man,” and there
    it is said, “We shall do and we shall hear.” “In our land” refers to the day of Shabbat, which is like the Land of Life, the world to come.

I'd be very interested on your views on Kabbalah. Zohar, and the Bahir when you get time.
    edit on 13 9 2014 by glend because: spelling

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:22 AM
    link   

I have never read the Kabbalah but am interested in understanding the deeper sides of religion so will put it on future reading list, thanks for the heads up. I have only had quick read of Zohar but majority of it appears to concentrate on the finer details of our souls, how light enters, why it is blocked by ego etc but does have some interesting parts about symbolic's which is always good to read about (starting to think the writers were far smarter than us today!).

Please keep on pushing these topics as they always a good read. Wish more people push their point across. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:16 PM
    link   

'Zohar' or זהר as a noun means "brightness" or "a shining" or perhaps even "warning", for as a verb, 'zahar', means "illuminate" or "instruct" or "warn" making it, atleast poetically related to the similarly sounding noun שחר 'shakar' meaning "dawn", "daybreak" or "morning", a poetic relationship which seems to have migrated into English with 'warning' rhyming with 'morning'. The Zohar is huge! And stuffed with illustrious, often idiomatic and poetic snippets of timeless wisdom, I always saw the Zohar as a giant tree which leaves would be these tidbits of wisdom and poetry.

I haven't really done more than scratching the surface of the Kabbalah corpus, and have only fiddled a bit with books like the Bahir and Sefer Yetzirah and learned to construct the Tree of Life and looked a bit into the 10 sefiroth and the 32 paths to wisdom (10 numbers and 22 letters). 'Sefiroth' means "telling" and there are ten of them and are the "fruits" of the Tree of Life, plus one ghostly one, and they arrange the numbers from 0 to 9 or 1 to 10 depending how you see it in a hierarchic system based on the geometric lily, connected by 22 paths representing the 22 Hebrew letters, coupled with hierarchal portions or levels of divine knowledge fueling the mindset needed to behold the Crown of Life in the Kingdom of God. I believe 'Sefiroth' or (sing.) 'Sefirah' is related to the Arabic 'sifr' meaning "zero" which is given in the etymology of modern English words like 'cipher' and 'cypher'.

And that's about it really, sifted through some pages, copied a few illustrations and played with the idea of invoking the Name of God and drink from the Fountain of Life and kindle the Spark of Heaven. I don't think I have the dedication and devotion needed to dive in, but I always loved the sparks of it I've found along the trail.
    edit on 13-9-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: fixed the ending

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join