It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio Shack Flounders Once Again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Oh no ! Where will the Pentagon buy their
outdoor surveillance camera's ? You know the ones
that still use time lapse..
However...
I too have a soft spot. Remote control cars,
Microphones reverb boxes, and yeah transistors.
My first time hearing a CD was at a Radio Shack.

They need to do what I think Sears should have done
and that is go all American . Sears didn't ...Dummies.
Yep even transistors.
We can robotically build them at a rate that usurps China.
With Murican ingenuity, and jobs stay here.
And have them sell their electronics again. Hamm and the like.
And heck yeah a good well cared and compensated work-force.
Instead of force feeding us Dish Network .
I hate being up sold. I hate it most at NTB or Best Blocker Buy.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
A few years ago I was trying to replicate an experiment in a physics book. It was a simple which light will turn on thing, for my kids. I had to drive far to get to a RS that carried all the peices and even bringing the book there was one man there that understood what we were doing.

The people there had no idea what they were selling! That can't help them sell things.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Radio Shack lost their direction at the end of the 1990's when they decided to be a cell-phone outlet store. Problem is, the big box and appliance stores were already better suited and better at that task then they were.

The way to fix Radio Shack would be to go back to their roots. Specialty items at low cost catering to the DIY crowd. They're still good at having most cables, plugs, and batteries. If they were smart, they'd start stocking and having readily available computer parts for the DIY builder that doesn't want to wait a week for a CPU cooling fan to come in the mail. I know most think DIY computer sales are internet driven, but if you want uptime or your only computer is knocked offline the net isn't going to help you. (Big box stores just don't carry that stuff, they'd rather just sell you a whole new computer system. And the few chains that actully do that stuff like Fry's are way too few and sparse to compete with the real estate RS already has.)

RS should also start carrying more stuff in general electronics (components) and perhaps have some stores do general electronics repair. Most RS stores have been a downhill slide in that regard where your only choice is to order online or drive 75 miles to hunt down some local specialty store.

Of course I'm no stupidly overpaid marketing analyst genius for them to listen to, so they'll probably maintain course trying to compete where they're worst suited to the task.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I know why RS is failing in my town. It's run by a couple of emaciated punks who are rude to the customers.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Man, I used to love Radio Shack! Unfortunately though, they're no longer the same. Especially after their last refurbish. I like some of the things they've done, but it's just too little to late.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join