It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majestic 12: A UFO Disinformation Scandal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It seems this topic will never go away. The majority of UFO researchers almost unilaterally agree that the MJ-12 documents are fakes. But there are still a number of questions left lingering about their shady origins and many still believe such a group did exist even if there is no paper trail to prove it conclusively.

There have been a number of recent pieces about the MJ-12 group again this year on various web sites.

But firstly I apologise for diving straight in here. However I want to avoid treading over too much old ground. So if you are not familiar with the “legend of MJ-12” here are a couple of good starting places on ATS.

Illustrated History of MJ-12

Majestic 12 and The Secret Government

In August this year ,Canadian Researcher, Grant Cameron wrote on his website.

....the MJ-12 story will not die is that there is a lot of evidence to support it. It is however important to make a distinction between the MJ-12 group which is real, and the MJ-12 document which is almost certainly not a legitimate document. Because the document is probably a hoax has very little to do with a UFO control group set up to handle the extraterrestrials, technology, policies, security, and national security implications.

Source of full article : Presidential UFO

Interestingly Cameron states that the MJ-12 group is real even if the documents are not.

Cameron’s article references two others on the Majestic 12 subject.

One comes from US researcher Kevin Randle’s blog. Randle hints that Stanton Friedman had told him many years ago that Bill Moore was not making any further headway with his Roswell research. So Moore was thinking of using an “official looking document” to tempt more witnesses out of the darkness to speak up. Although he states Friedman has denied saying this ever since.

– Bill Moore

Randle also points out that the Timothy Good’s “anonymously sent” copies of the MJ-12 documents (Good first released copies of the MJ-12 documents into the public domain in the late 1980s) bear the same chevron artefacts that Bill Moore’s copies do. So they almost certainly came from the same photocopier and probably the same source.

Randles then goes on to mention a new investigation by Alejandro Rojas.

...there is the new information revealed by Alejandro that should convince even more people that MJ-12 is a hoax and that not a single document linking the U.S. government to something called MJ-12 has ever been independently found. I can’t FOIA a government agency and receive a series of documents as we can in so many other UFO related matters.

I have said for years that MJ-12 should be relegated to a footnote in the history of UFO studies, but it keeps appearing. I know that Alejandro’s piece will not end the debate, but, at least, it comes from a different perspective.

Source : Randle's Blogspot

Alejandro Rojas has specifically been looking into the claims of a certain Richard Doty (ex-special agent of the U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations). Doty has said in interviews he was simply “doing his job” and was ordered to do so by his superiors. These jobs include breaking and entering private property, creating and releasing bogus but official looking secret documents, and lying to two U.S. Senators.

As some of this behaviour involved criminal acts, allegedly under orders from government employees , Rojas filed FOI requests and asked for a response from the Air Force on this matter. He was originally informed someone would give an official verbal response.

However, after he had received the documents requested, the USAF then claimed they had nothing further to say on the matter.

What is often ignored, glossed over, or has just been lost to obscurity, is the fact that the first mention of MJ-12 was in a document that was alleged by Richard Doty, an ex-special agent for the U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI), to have been created as disinformation. He says he gave the document to UFO researchers while he worked for AFOSI, and was order to do so by his superiors. He says this was only one incident in a campaign that lasted years.....

Source : Huffington Post

Alejandro Rojas also filmed a 30 min youtube video based on his investigations. It includes Doty’s role in feeding Paul Bennewitz false information about UFOs and ET and convincing him there was an alien base at Dulce, New Mexico. Something which eventually turned Bennewitz paranoid and mentally unstable.

Doty remains steadfast that he had nothing to do with creating any documents with Bill Moore in regards to MJ-12.

He also states that he was cleared of any involvement with the MJ-12 documents.

Rojas concludes:

Due to the extent at which the mythology created by Doty’s official or non-official disinformation campaign has worked its way into an alleged hidden history of Air Force and U.S. government secrecy, and due to the negative impact these events had on Mr. Bennewitz and his family, we deserve a response from the Air Force on their involvement, or non-involvement in this matter.

Mr. Doty is now a sergeant for the New Mexico State Police, based out of Grants, and he continues to make wild accusations about the Air Force’s secret knowledge of UFOs and aliens. If he was not under orders to fabricate these documents, as he claims, then his employers and those he continues to attempt to perpetrate hoaxes upon, deserve to know this.

More information : Open Minds Website Article

What a strange and bizarre story within a story.

Who did what and why were these papers produced?

How high did this go?

Why do the USAF choose to make no comment on the alleged criminal activities of a former AFOSI agent?

Can we believe a word Mr. Doty says on the matter?

Richard Doty. If that’s really his name?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Have you read Astro's last thread? the USAF commercial thread?

What do you make of them? Any connection to this?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Can you post the link to it?

Then I'll have a look tomorrow and let you know (it's late in the evening here in the UK and I need my beauty sleep ).

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I understand FOIA requests need to target a very specific topic. If they do not, the agency being requested for the info is not required to fill in the dots or make assumptions as to what is being requested. It's very easy to see that the FOIA requests could have been turned down or a no reply response given because in their interpretation, the requests didn't meet the criteria.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would say Doty's former (and maybe even current) status as a literal "agent of disinformation" removes him from the realm of serious consideration.

If you know the clock is broken, you don't rely on it to give you the correct time - even though it may be right twice a day. You get a new clock and throw the old one in the trash.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I think it was to throw researchers off the real subject which was recovered technology but not Alien Tech. In this case, seed a lot of truth with a bit of lie then a misdirection thrown in. Sounds like something that would work right? Then if you are say, testing advanced technology far beyond what the public knows about and have them think it was E.T.s rather than another country. That could work to your advantage when trying to refine that technology until you could do far away from prying eyes.

edit on 11-9-2014 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Doty and the rest of the counterintelligence that has went on has blured it up so bad you can't tell what is real and not at this point. All you know is we have at times gotten close to something.

I agree with combatmaster I think the posts by Astr0 are worth talking about more and more with all of this.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I just reviewed the film Mairage men again. There is a small connection between Bennewitz and Astr0's story.

Bennewitz had become convinced, due to the disinformation that he was being fed by Doty, that there were spaceships that had crashed all over the desert, and Bennewitz had been flying around taking pictures of them and sending out 8X11s to other "researchers".

Bennewitz had pointed out one of these "downed craft" as being a/the "black, atomic-powered spaceship".

edit on 12-9-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I went ahead and watched it again (I haven't tried very hard to trace it out to other sources. yet)?

Yeah, it looks like Rick Doty can be considered a source of some sort for the "black atomic-powered spacecraft" meme. It is made clear in the film that the disinfo came from Doty and his "superiors", althugh I would guess that Doty was left to his own recogniscance in many ways when it came concocting the tales.

So, yeah, in a nutshell, the story goes: The Air Force dumped a bunch of props in the desert and sent Bennewitz off to investigate, when he came back with photos they told him that the aliens had black atomic-powered spacecraft.

And now I'm just repeating myself, but it looks like there might actually be some Doty-Stink on Astr0.

From the film:

Here's the BAPS, circled on the upper left as photgraphed by Bennewitz.

And one of Paul's many letters:

Hrmmm

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The name 'Richard Doty' needs to be forgotten and every piece of evidence he claims disregarded as false. He has to be the biggest liar and should be disliked and ignored, his family should be ashamed of his job, I don't care how well he was doing his job.

Vryl. Thule, such existed, most likely shared the most secret knowledge, why is a group like MJ12 so impossible? Like Cameron says, invalid docs but if there is evidence, why not 'MJ 12' of some kind

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

I understand FOIA requests need to target a very specific topic. If they do not, the agency being requested for the info is not required to fill in the dots or make assumptions as to what is being requested. It's very easy to see that the FOIA requests could have been turned down or a no reply response given because in their interpretation, the requests didn't meet the criteria.

Alejandro Rojas did receive a number of responses to his questions under FOI.

You can see the documents here : Doty FOIA documents

However in response to questions about any criminal activities the response was covered by legal exemptions :

Also the full link to Alejandro's report on Doty's involvement with the whole case does not work because it seems that his website do not accept direct links.

Try this Tiny URL instead.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Read this thread and comments

The content of that thread looks very similar to the documents discussed in this thread.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I finally got hold of a DVD copy of "Mirage Man" today. For some strange reason I'm not in it.

I might watch it over the weekend if other things don't crop up.

It does seem that Dick Doty is a man who polluted elements of American UFOlogy so much until it became unfathomable. Maybe he's still doing it to this do.

However if any of what he states is true about his actions as a government employee are true then the USAF are either endorsing his lies, or endorsing his illegal activities, (such as breaking and entering and also sending a man insane).

This is what Alejandro Rojas tried to get to the bottom of and hit a brick wall.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I can't wait to chat with you after you've seen it. There's a Linda Howe part in there that is really telling. I won't spoil it.

Doty's a real piece of work, a real patriot, he's going to go down swinging.

I don't know where the lynch-pin is yet that will cause his whole thang to tank but it seems to me that it might lie in his insistence upon Roswell having been "real" as he puts it.

You'll see in the film: Doty himself has been subjected to so much head twisting that I don't even think he knows what the hell is going on.

I had to laugh: you'll see a part in the film where Doty describes how he was chosen for his job and I could not help but think of who that man might have been and how he was able to immediately se the qualities in Doty that would make him so perfect for the job.

We'll get him. It's just a matter of time. Though sooner would be better than later.

Anyway, enjoy the movie, it's one of the best ever done on the subject.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Thanks for the encouragement. I am definitely tempted to watch it as soon as possible now!

I have to say that the UFO field in the UK reflects almost a polar opposite with a drive towards a "..nothing to see here" by certain elements within British UFOlogy towards many cases. A rare exception being a certain Mr. Pope. But even he's defected across the Atlantic now.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

The content of that thread looks very similar to the documents discussed in this thread.

Well that says something, no?

I have not read the documents you mention...
would you care to gimme a brief sentence or two summarizing what its all about? id be grateful.
I will try to get back to it later tonight...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I finally got hold of a DVD copy of "Mirage Man" today. For some strange reason I'm not in it.

I might watch it over the weekend if other things don't crop up.

Great thread as always mate and Billy Cox over at the Huff Post has recently penned an interesting article about that documentary - I think you'll get the gist of it from the title.

A Nest Of Weasels

If you ever want to dissuade the uninitiated from going near The Great Taboo, show them “Mirage Men,” the 2013 documentary based on Mark Pilkington’s eponymous book. Guaranteed to make an honest broker erupt in hives at the mere thought of parting the veil around the UFO mystery, “Mirage Men’s” anatomy of a government disinformation program is brilliant propaganda, and delivered with the sort of polished confidence that could easily make the “Frontline” rotation.

"I'm with the government, you cooperate with us, and I'm going to tell you what the government really knows about UFOs deep down in those vaults" -- Mirage Men/hollywoodreporter.com
"I'm with the government, you cooperate with us, and I'm going to tell you what the government really knows about UFOs deep down in those vaults" -- Mirage Men/hollywoodreporter.com

Directed by British crop-circle debunker John Lundberg, “Mirage Men” focuses largely on the activities of Richard Doty, the now-retired USAF Office of Special Investigations agent who screwed several UFO researchers with phony conspiracy yarns and created enough paranoia to put one of them in a psychiatric ward.

Like the book, “Mirage Men” operates on the premise that UFOs are hokum, and inflated by a counterintelligence network determined to conceal its black projects behind a smokescreen of imaginary space aliens. As Pilkington asserts in the documentary, “The UFO mythology develops of its own accord, and the mirage men will just drop a new piece of data, a new meme, some new fake documents into the mix as and when it is expedient for them to do so. And there’s no real need for a sustained UFO deception campaign because the folklore is just perfectly capable of sustaining itself.”

Embroidering its narrative with snippets of ancient Hollywood flying saucer flicks, the doc does a clever job of presenting UFOs as an exclusively pop-cultural phenomenon, circa 1952. No mention, of course, of the scientists and Air Force officials who established the independent reality of UFOs in 1948’s Project Sign because that would've complicated Pilkington's premise. But no matter. The real value of “Mirage Men” is watching a hack like Doty justify his mission on camera..

link

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Well that says something, no?

I have not read the documents you mention...
would you care to gimme a brief sentence or two summarizing what its all about? id be grateful.
I will try to get back to it later tonight...

I'll give it a try.

The MJ-12 documents first surfaced in the 1980s purporting to be "official UFO documents" from the 1940s onward in regards to the US Government's creation of a UFO/Alien control group.

Just one example.

Click here

The thread you linked to has similarities in that it is highly speculative, has no evidence to back up it's claims and seems to have a number of themes and memes founded in science fiction (or simply fiction!).

edit on 12/9/14 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Over and over I keep coming back to the same thought:

Fred Crisman?

Rick Doty?

Was Crisman's the proto-type MOS (job) for Doty's?

They kinda did the same work, only Doty is better at it and has less blood on his hands.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join