It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfathomable Sorrow (The Death of a Lady)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Will nobody save her,
Will nobody fight?
This nation that birthed us,
Has she not earned that right?
I have stood at all corners,
Where my blood came from,
I am of all of the four,
And in me they become one,
Perhaps that explains,
This feeling in me,
That part of me is dying,
That I am being,
Torn apart at the seams,

I saw the rot in her,
Just as they did in the North,
I wanted to fight for her life,
Rather than lack a retort,
It seems I am alone,
All they have for her is the knife,
I am powerless to stop them,
If her death be the way,
That they deem necessary,
To end years of their strife,

Even if I alone mourn her,
Still she will be mourned,
Even if in my sorrow,
All I get back is scorn,
She was once beautiful,
And could be again,
But it seems that all she gets,
Is the blade,
And yet more pain,
We could have stood with her,
And torn out the muck,
We could have loved her,
And changed all our luck,

But I see that its futile,
Hoping for sense,
Now all thats left for her,
Is a chopping block,
And a change of tense...

We will be divided,
Although they say its not true,
I have seen the writing on the wall,
And so have you,
This is the beginning,
Of the end for what we knew,
Mark that day well,
For that will be the last,
Remember her time of death,
For her last breath,
Will be our last gasp.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That is beautiful!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Powerful Poem here True!! Great Work!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

If it does not hurt, then it does not count.

Is that not the phrase?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Powerful Poem here True!! Great Work!!!

Agreed!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ICallGhosts

Thanks for your comment, and for stopping and taking the time to read it!

I really appreciate the feedback. The topic is emotive, and I worry sometimes that it makes for bad poetry if it is TOOO full on.

link   
I like your poem, good effort.

On the other hand, scotland is doing herself a big favour i think.

Nation building takes time, and it takes even longer when youre not in control of it!

I think an indipendant scotland will be a great place eventually.
I might move there if it goes well, 10-20 years from now, or in my retirement.

link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey Night Star.

Glad you approve! I am off to find a hug somewhere!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

An independant Britain would have been better, and I do not mean that the way UKIP mean it. I mean a country run by its people, for its people, with each person being able to vote on the issues, not the candidates, with each person being valued more than any structure or company, with each person being able to hold their head aloft and say with confidence that things will never be done in their name, with which they do not agree, that their nation is run by its population, not by its elite. And crucially, we could, united, have made this country a place where no matter where one lives, they have the same advantages and burdens to bare...

But we cannot have that without the weight of the votes of the people of Scotland. That, as well as the deep love I feel for the tribes of the Britons, is why I feel so betrayed by pro-independance voters at the moment. They are my blood, and yet still they strike at us. I want to know what the British people ever did to them, in the entire course of our Union, which makes for this result, this lack of care, this desire to abandon us to an unkind fate, without even so much as a pained rearward glance.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

An independant Britain would have been better, and I do not mean that the way UKIP mean it. I mean a country run by its people, for its people, with each person being able to vote on the issues, not the candidates, with each person being valued more than any structure or company, with each person being able to hold their head aloft and say with confidence that things will never be done in their name, with which they do not agree, that their nation is run by its population, not by its elite. And crucially, we could, united, have made this country a place where no matter where one lives, they have the same advantages and burdens to bare...

But we cannot have that without the weight of the votes of the people of Scotland. That, as well as the deep love I feel for the tribes of the Britons, is why I feel so betrayed by pro-independance voters at the moment. They are my blood, and yet still they strike at us. I want to know what the British people ever did to them, in the entire course of our Union, which makes for this result, this lack of care, this desire to abandon us to an unkind fate, without even so much as a pained rearward glance.

In the event of Scottish indipendance, there will be a pained rearward glance, ypu can be sure of that, but it will be in scorn of westminster and the English aristocracy for neglecting Scots for so long, and giving them an unfair deal.
We brits have all suffered from the corruption of the ruling classes i equal measure, "united we stand divided we fall" would apply had we not already fallen, long long long long long ago....
Just my two cents.

Cheer up true brit..... Theres nothing to stop you from visiting scotland in the future is there?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

No... There is not.

Not yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Yes True, I believe it is worded like that.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm an "American Melting Pot" or, less kindly, a "mutt." My blood comes from Eastern Europe, Norway, England and Scotland. I'm just glad my genes are more united than the worlds they come from...

An impassioned poem, TrueBrit! Glad I caught it before I have to get back to RL. I did not realize the depth of emotion this might stir, being from where I am. Thank you for giving me that insight. Blessings to you.

And...

(((HUG)))

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I believe anything that comes from the mind or heart can be poetic. Besides, your, your own, worst critic.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Wow! Gave me goosebumps, TrueBrit!

While I'm American, I'm also of all 4 and it was sad to think of Scotland leaving.

Articulated beautifully

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Mrs.Peony

Thank you Mrs.Peony!

I am very glad that this poem speaks of a future path untrodden, rather than a thing which came fully to pass.

top topics

join