It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two A-10's flying low

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So I was out and about earlier today getting some shopping done and saw a couple of A-10's having some fun and doing some low flying. I thought it was pretty neat, I never see this happen so I took a couple of videos. This is in Greenfield, Ohio. Very small town in the middle of nowhere.
Thought maybe you guys/girls would like to have a look also. Enjoy

Note to mods. If this is in the wrong spot feel free to move. I haven't started much threads on here.
edit on 11-9-2014 by Arduous because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2014 by Arduous because: Title fix

edit on 11-9-2014 by Arduous because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Arduous

They're A-10's. Very distinctive sound and profile.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AphoticJoe

Oh you are right. My husband is wrong. He works on Aircraft also. I did ask him if he was sure. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No problem. Thank you for sharing the video.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Geepers... I hope their skill is proportionate to their proximity. The sideways turns look pretty cool.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Oh I know. I loved it. I wish I could have gotten my phone out a couple of minutes earlier. They were being pretty daring.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Not to creep..

But are there more than one greenfield Ohio?
I looked on the map and saw just a small town in southern Ohio.
With no airport and one big track field.

Those A-10's in the first video looked to be taking off.

Is this a common occurrence there?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I live near Fairford air base in England, it is used by the US and yesterday seen 3 of those flying very low past my house, so close I could see the insignia on the side, they were green camo versions, first time I have seen them flying around here, I even wondered which kind of plane they were, I considered googling it but was too busy, you reminded me to do a search.

Were the ones you seen camo or grey?

Perhaps they are being planned for use or something.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I believe there is only one Greenfield. The closest Airport is in Wilmington, Clinton County, but they didn't come from there. I know someone that works there that confirmed it for me. So the closet places they could come from is around Cincinnati, Cleveland or maybe Columbus. Wright-Pattersone Air force base is about an hour away, they could have came from there. But there's nowhere else short of an hour away.
No, I don't usually see them do that around here. At least not that low. I see a lot of helicopters flying around sometimes though. I've even seen a Black Hawk once. I have no idea where they would be coming from or where they would be going. There's really nothing close around here.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

The ones I saw looked solid grey. But here in the last six months I've noticed a lot more activity, particularly helicopters . Nothing like what I saw today though. To be honest I was really surprised to see them flying so low. I did not think they were allowed to fly like that around populated areas.
Especially the way they were dipping down and gaining altitude so fast. I figured they were training, but like I've said there's simply nothing around here.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Could be in the area for an airshow, Down low is where they are suppose to be.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

pretty damn cool...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You can usually bank on it that one of the pilots was from that local area with a "Hi, mom," pass (since the OP said it was a town in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have lived near several militairy airbases all my life. I have seen them do # ...including several crashes. To me this looks like they are practicing for an attack.
This kind of behavior in the other hole in the ground, where I live... would worry me very much.
In fact, I know my government will start to follow yours and one day I will see this over my town.
It's all about control over keeping status quo.
TPTB, You know ;-)
edit on 11-9-2014 by Daalder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Absolute. Love to see it.
But not over a town...over a desert or over the open sea...a big forest or over the hills that's fine.

But not over a town doing things like that.
They are puting other people's live at stake.

I know of local laws around here state that there not even allowed this low in a town.

Would make me smile when I was in there...up there behind the pilot. But as a resident of a town where the militairy practices for a domestic attack... mmm...not to so much.

Sorry no bluntness intended. Love you guys and I hope everyone keeps safe and has fun.
edit on 11-9-2014 by Daalder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arduous
a reply to: Bigburgh

I believe there is only one Greenfield. The closest Airport is in Wilmington, Clinton County, but they didn't come from there. I know someone that works there that confirmed it for me. So the closet places they could come from is around Cincinnati, Cleveland or maybe Columbus. Wright-Pattersone Air force base is about an hour away, they could have came from there. But there's nowhere else short of an hour away.
No, I don't usually see them do that around here. At least not that low. I see a lot of helicopters flying around sometimes though. I've even seen a Black Hawk once. I have no idea where they would be coming from or where they would be going. There's really nothing close around here.

Thanks.

From the view it looks like it's open fields behind that advanced auto.
If I were to see them.. I'd be in awe.

But for a small town that's out there.. can only imagine what some of the folks were thinking with that dazzling, low aerial display.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Maybe Obama's got 'em doing practice runs...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear
Could be in the area for an airshow, Down low is where they are suppose to be.

Yes but if you look up greenfield Ohio on the map.
You'll see there are no airports.

These baby's are not from around there.
If it was for show.. I don't know if was from this morning. Or if there perhaps could be a VFW paying homage to 9/11.

We here in Pittsburgh had 2 C-130 gunships ( real low.. you clearly could see the canons out the side )
Don't know where they were from.
3 miles from here is the 911th Air Wing... they have C-130's.
Just none with cannons.
Heck of a site still no less.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Very much looked like a strafing run in that second video after he pans to the left. Thanks for linking this. Gives me chills all over again.

edit on 11-9-2014 by rockn82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

I was thinking that but I skimmed though different sites & didn't see anything.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join