It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question: What did the Inca build?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Hanslune

Well ere did the Inca build for the Spanish in the old large stone fashion?

As far as I know they didn't they used faster methods to build up a Spanish presence as speedily as possible. Plus like most colonial efforts they wanted something that looked like home; The English did this in India, The Dutch in Java, Portuguese in Macau, etc. The Spanish had concrete (for mortar) and iron tools which greatly sped up construction times.

The large stone construction method was probably highly labor intensive and slow. Spanish and later Inca writers noted a number of incidents dealing with the movement of large stones in Inca history.

Edited to add: The native population also had a massive die off at this time from the diseases brought by the Spanish percentage vary but more died than lived. This caused a disruption in a number of the existing Inca systems - besides the continuing civil war and the revolts that occurred when the Spanish destroyed Inca power and their subject nations rose up against them.

The Inca and other groups also fought against the Spanish until 1572 so there was also a long period of warfare and disruption.
edit on 25/9/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: Sparta

God damn I would loved to have seen that model.

What we saying here? There are obvious sites where there seem to have 2 totally different styles to construction, to the picture James posted last with the smaller rocks to one side and the lovely larger blocks to the other. Is it not possible that the Incan built both, one just collapsed due to earthquakes or whatever, and they didn't have the same stone masons they used to, so built it the quickest, most effective way they could?

I remember reading once that when the Spanish asked the Inca people how they built some of their monuments and their reply was something along the lines of "we didn't, the people before us did" I would love to know if anyone knows if that statement is authentic.

Yeah it would have been an interesting thing to see kinda of a 3D version of the Madaba map

Since James posted an image taken out of context and absolutely refuses to identify where it comes from (if he even knows) we cannot determine who did what when. The two larger blocks are probably Inca but the looser stones around them could be later Inca or post Spanish construction. As note earlier one of the styles the Inca used was to use larger stones for foundations then use smaller atop them especially if built on a slope.

It's Hatunrumiyoc Street Cucco. Here's what it look like today -

s27.postimg.org...

As you can see the Inca wall has now gone revealing an older more technically advanced wall underneath.

So when exactly did the Inca build this more advanced wall?

It must have had a purpose at some point which came to an end because the Inca have then used it as a support wall.
edit on 25-9-2014 by JamesTB because: fix link

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JamesTB

It's Hatunrumiyoc Street Cucco. Here's what it look like today -.

As you can see the Inca wall has now gone revealing an older more technically advanced wall underneath.

You've never explain your expertise to make such statements, feel free to do so now, lol

So when exactly did the Inca build this more advanced wall?

When did your lost civilization build this more advanced wall? Tell us please? You must have SOME evidence for this LC so why are you hiding it?

You have a number of questions you need to answer.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
There are structures which the inca claim to be from the former age. They claim certain structures are theirs. Others they either say the gods built them or their ancestors did from the last age of creation.

Usually the old structures from the last age of creation are those that are well carved out of solid stone. The more modern ones are formed by smaller stones arranged into a puzzle structure.

The ancient world had a profound understanding of natural energies we simply dont even notice. A seemingly useless structure in our eyes probably had unique properties back when it was created. The problem is that the earths crust is constantly changing and so certain points drift out of their alignment. Also our solar system is also constantly changing as well further disrupting what were once very powerful points on earth.

How this energy was harnessed probably changed overtime. The most basic way would be to chanel it directly into the body. A technique now lost for the most part.

edit on 9 25 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
There are structures which the inca claim to be from the former age. They claim certain structures are theirs. Others they either say the gods built them or their ancestors did from the last age of crewtion.

Usually the old structures are those that are well carved out of solid stone. The more modern ones are formed by smaller stones arranged into a puzzle structure.

Link to quotes please, while something like what you are saying was said I don't think you have it quite right its best to go back and see exactly what was said.

Yes the Inca were very late to the Peruvian culture party, they started up only 250 or so years before Spanish arrived. There were dozens of earlier Peruvian cultures.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Yes. There were countless ones before the last prehispanic cultures.

Everyone thinks the epitome of central and south American cultures were the aztec and inca. Thats like saying the dark ages were more important than Rome or Greace to European cultures.

There is an inca word for past ages structures thst the former creation built and another word for more modern age strutures they built. I am on my phone at the moment and a little busy to search for it. I dont remember. A simple google search should provide the answers if anyone is really interested.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Yes. There were countless ones before the last prehispanic cultures.

Everyone thinks the epitome of central and south American cultures were the aztec and inca. Thats like saying the dark ages were more important than Rome or Greace to European cultures.

There is an inca word for past ages structures thst the former creation built and another word for more modern age strutures they built. I am on my phone at the moment and a little busy to search for it. I dont remember. A simple google search should provide the answers if anyone is really interested.

Cuzco appears to have been first built before 1000 BC when the Marcavalle Culture was the dominant power; indeed organized life in City began practically with them. In the second phase of its history, around 800BC, Cuzco was home to the Chanapata culture and later developed several regional states, one of the first being that of Qotakalli around 600 A.D. By 750 AD, the Wari invasion from the north of Ayacucho began, resulting in the construction of buildings and what today is known as Pikillaqta. Subsequently, by 800 A.D. the regional state of Killke was formed, which included Sacsayhuaman itself and later that of Lucre around 1000 AD. What is traditionally known as the Inca civilization began around 1200 AD in its initial phase, with the first Inka, Manko Capaq and Mama Ocllo.

Those interested in Inca settlement building may find this of interesting (sadly just a preview copy)

Inka settlement planning

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Anyone interested in Inca stone working and quarrying will want to read this key piece of research

Inca quarrying and stone cutting

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
A simple timeline of Peruvian cultures

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I just thought I would throw this in here. It is a very concise presentation of what most people here already believe.

This video is a basically a breakdown of ancient structures globally and the known evidence that point to a former global civilization.

Jump to 29:30 for a sample of their writing.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Thanks, I took a few selected views until my brain was overwhelmed by bad info.

I couldn't understand the name of the German professor who he said could read the 'mysterious' script. Nor could I find a record of such a hyperpolyglot.

Videos like that are supermarkets where everything possible is displayed, whether its been explained, a known hoaxed or just speculation presented as fact.

edit on 26/9/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I cant deny that some parts were void of substance. True. Still, others were fascinating.

Like all things that go against the grain, ultimately you have to do more yourself to make it work. In the end "good" or "bad" information depends on which camp you fall into and what your true motives are. Motives such as exclusivity for knowledge VS the will to educate your fellow man are often the drive for liars and fools on both sides and those that simply want to see truth be told.

EDIT TO ADD:

www.human-resonance.org...

Here is a little more info on professor Kurt Schildmann (1909-2005)

Kurt Schildmann (Born March 12, 1909, Died April 25, 2005, age 96) is one of the least known but among the best world linguists, etymologists, and translators. He began world traveling early in his life as a teen of 17 under the guidance of older brother Heinrich, to the middle East, India, Thailand, China, Burma and finally reaching Korea after several years. He absorbed as much of the culture and language as a bright-minded youth could. [The MES journal to be published in February of this year has his diary entries of this five-year world trip]. Returning home he studied in France, Spain and then three years in Italy.

His academic life was interrupted when the Wehrmacht desired his presence in World War II on the eastern front where he was wounded and then on the western front where in 1944 he became an American POW. Repatriated, he became an interpreter with the British occupational forces in Germany. By this time he was married and with a young son, Kurt, Jr., who accidentally drowned in Turkey in 1987.

In the 1950s he began a life career as an interpreter and translator for the new German federal government, retiring in 1974. During these years he founded in 1956 the Society of German Linguists, joined the journal 'Synesis' and becoming a lectorate and co-editor, and continued to travel, usually in his own house boat on the major rivers of Europe, the Mediterranean and indeed the planet, studying cultures and languages, especially the origin and relationship to other languages...

In an absurd case reminiscent of Nikola Tesla receiving the Edison Award, government cover-up agent Barry Fell, who himself declared the Illinois artifacts as fakes based on his work, was supported by the MES while Schildmann's aforementioned diary entries were never published. In fact, the MES even managed to publish multiple misspellings of Schildmann's name (first as 'Shildmann' and subsequently 'Schildman'). Professor Schildmann's scholarly excellence and decisive offerings in the field of Paleolithic epigraphy are reasserted here, applying his comprehensive lexicon and cipher key to dozens of Paleo-Sanskrit texts:

edit on 9 26 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I thought I would post this for anyone interested and as a quick reference for myself.
Interview with Klaus Dona:
projectavalon.net...

Professor Schildmann

Samples with translations of possible global writing system:

You would notice the similarity to ruin symbols. I can think of a few sites I have personally seen in northern Spain with these symbols.

As far as the numbers, Being as this is an Inca thread, I see a similarity in these numerical symbols and the system of Inca knot numerals.
You COULD have a natural evolution of a written form into a more practical system using knots with these symbols as the foundation.

edit on 9 26 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
...perhaps........ interestingly said professor doesn't show up on any list of know hyper linguists......that I can find

I'd suggest you start a new thread - anything with Dona tends to be way, way out there however.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join