It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meeting the Buddha in meditation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
A talk entitled "Meeeting the Buddha in Meditation"

I dont normally make threads about this kind of thing but i cant watch videos outside of ats for some reason so im making this to be able to click play and watch it here, and also of course because ATS is always a good place to share & discuss things.
ETA: Ok I've just watched it, its about 20 minutes long and very profound and worth watching. One of my favourite quotes is "the whole cosmos is striving for transcendence". What do you here think about that statement?

I think Lotus flower.

edit on 11-9-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

I thought Buddha evaporated into nothingness, transcending the cycle of death and rebirth. The buddhists acknowledge the possibility of ascending to a god-like state of being and they renounce this too as a form of rebirth, so it cannot be buddha you are seeing in your meditations, merely an enlightened spirit claiming to be a buddha or your own psychological expectations of what a buddha might look like.

Personally, I think the buddhists are misguided. Nihilism is not superior to transcendence and physical immortality is the best because it is replicatable for all people. Life is not suffering. Life is whatever you choose to focus on, and my life is pleasurable. It has moments of suffering, but I don't dwell on those.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash
The buddha did not evaporate into nothingness. He comprehended the fixed (permanent) idea of somethingness (our objective view of reality) as an illusion, or a projection from ones own mind, and thus gained insight about the nature of mind and the codependance between form and emptiness at a very fundamental level, and understood this as the true basis of reality.

join