It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey baby boomers, die or get out if the way.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Get out if the way and let this place evolve.

Reminds me of this...

The perfect world. Up to the point where you are considered too old...

There is one catch however: your life is limited and when you reach 30, it is terminated

Thank God we don't live in a perfect world..

www.imdb.com...
edit on 9 13 2014 by SonoftheSun because: added link

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Sorry if your a baby boomer but guess what, your time is done its time to let the younger people move up and take your place.

No.

It's time you retire from your union position and collect your pension and let the younger person below you who's been waiting ten years for your job actually make a decent living so they can properly support their family.

As a boomer, all I have to say is that positions should be placed on merit, not how long you've waited in line.

It's time you step out of politics and let the younger generation deal with the new economic and social paradigm that your to old to understand.

And let you kids trash what is left of the nation? No thanks.

The fact is you grew up in a completely different economy, under completely different politics, with an entirely different social dynamic.

And entitlements, bad politics, bad politicians, whiny liberals have ruined.

We have technology you don't understand, a police state that you haven't experienced in your early 20's and global politics with a group of people who think different then you.

I know how to computer-dot-corn.

You don't understand the internet you don't understand television and podcasting and you don't understand anything about what's going on with the younger generation.

The tv box is flat, the cornputer is lappy-topped and peas belong in a pod (trick question!)

Spoken like every generation since the dawn of time.

I feel for you.

I felt the same way when I was young, and everyone else was old.

Oh the irony this thread will bring 30 years from now when another generation will ask YOU to step aside.

I enjoyed the rant, SnF.

It harkened me back to my younger days when I was young and ambitious.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

It's already been trashed beezer.

It happened already.

At least you recognize it's ambition. Exactly what everyone else is claiming my generation lacks. And thanks for adding some critical insight and not resorting to name calling haha.
edit on 9/13/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

It's already been trashed beezer.

It happened already.

At least you recognize it's ambition. Exactly what everyone else is claiming my generation lacks. And thanks for adding some critical insight and not resorting to name calling haha.

I found it amusing. I do remember how I was the same way. (it wasn't THAT long ago, just a few decades
)

And yes, the country is trashed.

To make it better, to repair it, will need everyone working to make it better.

Even us old farts.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

True enough. Cohesion rather then division is the answer.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Just for laughs I'm including a post by krazyshot from another thread of mine.

originally posted by: Krazysh0t You are full of crap. Most young people aren't leaving the nest because they cannot afford to because of the debt that you JUST outlined and the crappy jobs that they aren't getting. I'm getting really tired of old people calling my generation lazy. The reason we can't get jobs is because YOU people won't retire. The baby boomers are the biggest generation and since they can't retire and are taking up more and more service jobs, it's squeezing out the younger crowd.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Where's the wisdom?

Several people have told you that you don't get success handed to you. You have to earn it. Work for it. That's wisdom, kiddo. Listen to it.

Hate to break this to you, but the world ain't fair. Never has been, never will be. You, and only you, make your spot in it.

What that spot will be is entirely up to you. No one else. Especially not some nebulous Baby Boomer who *gasp* won't hire you, or die and get out of your way...

Has it occurred to you that your attitude comes shining through?

I'm fifty years old. I've done job interviews, and this sort of attitude come shinin' through. Most people aren't all that good at hiding things from a good interviewer. Guess what? You ran into one, I'm thinking.

If this is your real attitude, it's small wonder your having problems.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Has it occurred to you that this thread isn't about me?

It's always

ME ME ME with you people stop projecting.
edit on 9/13/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Oh, nevermind...

Continue to wallow in your self righteousness.

It's everyones elses fault.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
FINALLY!!!! I get to use this!!

So relevant to this...and I mean it
edit on 14-9-2014 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah it's all me.

There isn't greater issues at hand hahahha.
edit on 9/14/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

With one basic distinction, Beezer. Some of us
never had any ambition at any age... some of
us will never lose it no matter what age.

And they can pry my brain from my cold
dead skull-- but it'll still bill at 40 an hour because
I'm consulting. I'm easier but not cheap.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well I think that if the OP want's to learn more about Baby Boomers..

He should GOOGLE it...

Isn't that what this generation does to learn?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Ambition is a learned behavior, like math or dancing, or breathing.

Some don't take to it, rather they enjoy the lack of ambition and have replaced it with a black hole named ennui. Or Steve.

I don't care. . . . .

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Tell ya what, we'll get out IF the way when your generation learns how to f***ing spell, mkay, champ?

By the way, I am starting another company. Maybe you need a job, since I'll be hiring soon?

Don't you have some COD to play?

edit on 15-9-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
There is a rather good point about the previous generation being out of touch though. The majority is not doing much to help younger people transition into productive roles in society (which is why we're in this mess), and then they act like the economy is the same as it was 30 or more years ago when they started out. Saying "Get a Job!"or "find a job not meant for highschoolers!" is a bit disrespectful when the majority of good jobs got shipped overseas or automated out of existance. Commuting to China isn't a realistic option, and there is 10x more people fighting for the scraps that are left. Compared to what you have to do for employment these days, the older generation often had it on the "easy noob level" (don't worry, we'll train you) as where now the game is rigged to "expert" (only people with 5+ years experience need apply).

So yeah, it's understandable why the youth today is quite disenfranchised.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Hey thanks for providing us with a prime example of what's wrong.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I was born in 74 what does that make me? (Obviously forty before some clever clogs points that out)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This is a very interesting stance. It is also an unfortunate one. Too often in our culture (western) do we wish to dispose of the wisdom of our elders. We treat elders as disposable trash, when in fact may have a lot of things they can teach us.

I empathize with the frustration that accompanies those who cannot 'keep up' with changes. I have felt this way when driving behind what I can only discern is a 'white tuft of hair and knuckles' but I couldn't disagree with this premise more.

Have you seen or interacted with most young folk? Sorry to say but most of them/us are stupid. Stupid in spades. I don't trust them enough to prepare a hamburger properly, identify countries on maps, let alone know what Austrian Economics is compared to laissez fare Capitalism. Do you really know of anyone 40 and under who really knows the depth of the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? Do you even know how to properly file taxes? I don't. These are honest questions. By your assessment people like Bill Gates and Assange need to retire in 5 years.

You do realize most of the people you want to run the country voted for people like Obama.... right? That they are impressionable, and have no life experience to buffer their choices. We should embrace the wisdom around us instead of tossing it out like last week's pizza.

I know people right now that are in their 60s, tech savvy, that outwork 20 year olds at the same company because of work ethic.
edit on 9 16 14 by KaDeCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: KaDeCo

Where's all the wisdom?

Did you read the poster above?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join