It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey baby boomers, die or get out if the way.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Just so you'll know, being an ageist is as bad as being a racist or a sexist.

Get over yourself. You're really not that great and well equipped to take matters into your own hands. This very post proves it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I wouldn't worry about the OP all too much. The thing is, we all get old unless we meet an early death. One day he will the same age as the Boomers and will desperately be trying to hold on to his job and keep it out of the hands of the inexperienced. All the while knowing he will never be able to afford to retire, because who in his generation will?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I think this about sums up my feelings on this thread. Yes I'm a boomer. I can't afford to retire.

Earn your place in the world like the rest of us had to. Your OP stinks of ignorance.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Sorry if your a baby boomer but guess what, your time is done its time to let the younger people move up and take your place.

It's time you retire from your union position and collect your pension and let the younger person below you who's been waiting ten years for your job actually make a decent living so they can properly support their family.

It's time you step out of politics and let the younger generation deal with the new economic and social paradigm that your to old to understand.

The fact is you grew up in a completely different economy, under completely different politics, with an entirely different social dynamic.

We have technology you don't understand, a police state that you haven't experienced in your early 20's and global politics with a group of people who think different then you.

You don't understand the internet you don't understand television and podcasting and you don't understand anything about what's going on with the younger generation.

Get out if the way and let this place evolve.
Nah, I'm going to hang around to make sure there's no left over Social Security money for you to squander...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonegurkha

I think this about sums up my feelings on this thread. Yes I'm a boomer. I can't afford to retire.

Earn your place in the world like the rest of us had to. Your OP stinks of ignorance.

Friggin brilliant !!! Thanks for my boomer smile.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lonegurkha

“You’re right son. We didn’t have those things when we were young, so we invented them. Now, you arrogant child what are you doing for the next generation?”

Good one !!

But I'm confident. Given enough time, they will find a way to singe-burn a burger better.

And maybe find new ways to screw up a french fry order.

(they already figured out how to give you an empty cup for soda so you can fill it yourself. But the younger ones need help reading the dispenser label names !!)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It's funny how everyone wants to talk about personal responsibility but I haven't read one post here and hey maybe I missed it but I haven't read one post about how any of you are willing the claim responsibility for any of the challenges we face as a community today.

Only for cool things like the internet and computers and other things like that.

It's all, "YOU LITTLE #!" Responses

Where's the wisdom?

edit on 9/12/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

It's funny how everyone wants to talk about personal responsibility but I haven't read one post here and hey maybe I missed it but I haven't read one post about how any of you are willing the claim responsibility for any of the challenges we face as a community today.

Only for cool things like the internet and computers and other things like that.

It's all, "YOU LITTLE #!" Responses

Where's the wisdom?

Some day when you grow up, you will understand.......maybe

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Sweet jeebus finally!!!

I was wondering if I was the only one

Ok OP and BB's,

Are us Gen X'ers ok? If not, may I suggest a bottle of Crystal Pepsi, a pan pizza from Pizza Hut and a viewing of Adventures in Babysitting? Or perhaps a fine vintage Brat Pack film? yes?

seriously though this thread is messed up soooooo bad...like gag me with a spoon

ok I'm done I swear

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

That wont happen because they won't get their heads out of their phones long enough to have a real conversation.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

That's it?

You've gone from 'Give me your job and die' to 'what are you doing to save the world'

I dunno...

They've helped create environmental awareness, the endangered species lists and protection, fought tooth and nail for many expanded liberties you enjoy. It's already been mentioned quite a few times that you're sitting there utilizing devices created and developed by their accomplishments while simultaneously berating them.

Then you demonstrate the ignorant audacity to ask

'Where's the wisdom?'

Indeed...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I still don't see where we're any different just because we're separated by an imaginary generational divide. I have struggled against all the same stuff you're talking about my whole life and I'm not about to claim responsibility for making things the way they are when I had nothing whatsoever to do with it. I've just been treading water my whole life trying to stay one step ahead of the train that is relentlessly barreling down on my ass. Things were set up to do what they are doing to the little guy a long long time ago and they were not put in place by people like you and me. The system is set up to use the masses to funnel all the energy up to the select few.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I haven't read one post about how any of you are willing the claim responsibility for any of the challenges we face as a community today.

WHAT? Have you read ANY of my posts? Let me give you a refresher... And please read it carefully!

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I am a boomer and I think our generation (the same ones who went to Woodstock and protested in the 60s) are the ones who have basically ruined the economy and the government.
I can understand the comments about your attitude. But I can also understand your attitude. "We" have messed up the place and you don't deserve to be left a world that's crumbling under "our" greed, selfishness and short-sightedness.
There are some BRILLIANT and very insightful, caring and wonderful young people coming up. And young people aren't being handed a world that is in very good shape, like I was. They're being handed a piece of crap and expected to fix what "we" did to it.

You're not making it very easy to support you in this. In fact, you're beginning to sound like the entitled little brat that many here are making you out to be. I DID take responsibility for the shape of the world today and I DID give you compassion and understanding and wish you good luck and I even gave you encouragement and ideas. And then you whine that no one understands... Come on man! There's LOTS of wisdom in this thread, you're just letting the chip on your shoulder get in the way of reading it.

Maybe the others are right after all... Sorry, but you lost me. I still believe what I said above about there being brilliant and very insightful, caring and wonderful young people. I'm just not sure you're one of them.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
They called the WWII Vets "The Greatest Generation".

In the seventies, the boomers had a saying:
"Think what the world will be like when all our parents are dead".

Well. They are.
Lesson: Be careful what you wish for.

The "X-ers" are doing just fine. The M's are still young and finding their sea legs. They'll grow up.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Oh isn't that funny.

Isn't it ironic?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Lying about what?

Go to the other thread this thread is about cops who are gangsters.

Stop making this about how you feel about something I said in another thread.

And if you've noticed my stance hasn't wavered. All I read is emotional responses and I don't see anyone but one person posting something substantiated by data that in fact supports my position.

Just to keep things in context I quoted you to here. Perhaps you would like to tell the other members how much money you make and what kind of career you have. I'll let you come clean on your own.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The past is more like the present than you know. The hippies of course, envisioned everyone walking around with flowers in their hair, and all about peace and love. You see how that has worked out.

The irony is the shared disillusionment.
edit on 9/12/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Your completely right.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I'm a carpenter I'm pretty sure I've said that. And to put it in context when I work a boatload of overtime I make between 40-50k a year.

So what?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I've got to say, I've been reading some of your threads on the board to get an idea of how hard you have it, to see if there's really anything to base this thread on... and I've come to the conclusion that you DO see yourself as entitled. I have lost all sympathy for you. This thread is nothing but whining because you seem to think the world (and baby boomers) owes you a living.

Wake up, bub. You've got a hard life ahead if you think you can complain your way to success. No one's going to hand it to you. You have to work for what you have and if you mess up, you have to pay the consequences. Just like the rest of us.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join