It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey baby boomers, die or get out if the way.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chronon
The youngest Baby Boomers are just now turning 50, so you have a long time to wait.

You not only have no concept of what you're talking about, you even have a typo in the thread title; a perfect example of Idiocracy, a story that you are unknowingly playing your part in.

Thanks for the chuckle ;-)

Exactly
What are we supposed to do for money if we retire 15 years earlier than when our old age security kicks in?
Welfare?
They'll just tell us to get back to work.

To add:
I'm not yet ready to die either.
Maybe in another 30 or 40 years. I'm barely middle aged at 56.
edit on 11-9-2014 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: whyamIhere

Lol.

I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning so I'll give you that.

Oh well, never mind. That's a good enough reason to insult a whole generation of Americans.

What about the rest of us BB's here that aren't Americans?

Pardon me..
But I could help but notice your typing.
Are you southern Canadian?

edit on 11-9-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: Sportbominable

I believe your OP is very ignorant and my dad could run circles around you with the knowledge he knows.

Because your dad rocks!

Dude. Don't even go there. We had Zep, Sabbath, Purple, Skynyrd, CCR, etc. What's up today? One Direction(I can think which direction that is
) Nickie Manaj(I don''t care enough to Google to see if I spelled that right), Beiber(Canada is still apologizing for letting this virus on the world). Nuff said.

Hey I was born in California and it hasn't completely worn off here in Virginia yet... lol Pretty much a ZZ top fan myself.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sportbominable

I believe your OP is very ignorant and my dad could run circles around you with the knowledge he knows.

Because your dad rocks!

Dude. Don't even go there. We had Zep, Sabbath, Purple, Skynyrd, CCR, etc. What's up today? One Direction(I can think which direction that is
) Nickie Manaj(I don''t care enough to Google to see if I spelled that right), Beiber(Canada is still apologizing for letting this virus on the world). Nuff said.

Hey I was born in California and it hasn't completely worn off here in Virginia yet... lol Pretty much a ZZ top fan myself.

And there are playing here on Nov. 1st. Unfortunately I had to make a choice. That or Alice Cooper on Halloween. Easy choice. Not like the old days where I could have afforded both.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'd say prove it wrong.

Prove your anecdotal evidence wrong? Since anecdotal evidence isn't proof of anything, I shouldn't have to, but here you go. REAL EVIDENCE:

40% of unemployed workers are millennials

Millennials Unemployment Report: 15.2% of Workers 18-29 Out of Work – ‘More Jobs’ Needed
Generation Unasked: How The Monthly Jobs Report Misrepresents Millennials

I've seen it so much. The entitle attitude. Protesting student loans because they can't pay back the money THEY BORROWED to pay for a degree with no marketable skills just because the little snowflake wanted to "follow his/her dreams".

So you don't think any of that has ANYTHING to do with the people telling these kids their whole lives to go to college, get a degree and then they'll get a good job? You know people OLDER than them? Nah it's totally their fault for not being smart or clever enough to realize they were being deceived.

The demands to work at McDs for 15 bucks an hour instead of getting skills that market that kind of wage and above. THAT is laziness. Lack of ambition, motivation, and creativity when it comes to their own economic and social survival. God forbid there is a disaster that requires people to use some sense of survival skill.

Indisputable Evidence That Millennials Have It Worse Than Any Generation in 50 Years

But at least when it comes to the job market, I think we can all agree by now that today's young adults are deserving of at least a few extra pity points. And should there be any doubt, here's a wonderful, one-chart demonstration of why from a new Pew report. At every education level, the 25- to 32-year-olds of 2013 confronted a higher unemployment rate than past generations did when they were stepping into the workforce. And keep in mind, that's 2013—four years after the economy was supposed to have started mending.

also from same article:

Or, if you prefer, you could bust out this little table. According to Pew, not that many more Millennials are living at home compared to recent generations—just 15 percent, versus 12 percent of young Boomers in 1986. God, kids those days.

Myth: Millennials are the laziest generation: dispelled!

Because YOU are the only millennial in our generation who has been successful *rolls eyes*. Stop listening to the MSM telling you that we are lazy. You are being brainwashed and it is sickening!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I think the op is mad about not getting hired because his work lacks quality and feels he needs to put down the older generation to make himself feel better

My wife is a CFO and I wish I could get her to make a few post on this one after the top of her head grows back. She hires and fires many many people in the accounting dept, her favorite saying is they want everything handed to them and all the answers handed to them, they will never learn anything that way. Instant gratification in the work place.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Myth: Millennials are the laziest generation: dispelled!

Because YOU are the only millennial in our generation who has been successful *rolls eyes*. Stop listening to the MSM telling you that we are lazy. You are being brainwashed and it is sickening!

While all I have is personal experiences, my kids, their friends, the ones I see doing nothing, usually at the coffee shop, your links mean little in the face of what people can see just by looking around. All? Hell no. There's a few that I respect for clawing their way to a better career. THAT is damn incommon though.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

A typical remark from the "self-righteous, self-centered and the self-entitled" generation. You want that job missy? Then you go out and get it. No one is going to lay down and die so you can disrespectfully step over their body and have at their employment which they've spent their entire life working at. Good grief, what a spoiled rotten little brat you are. Get your own job and get over yourself.

eta: just want to say one more thing. If you can't find a job, then create one. Learn a skill, do it well, pick up the phone and make COLD CALLS. Go down to staples, print off some flyers and POUND THE PAVEMENT the old fashioned way. Stop bitching about no jobs and just go out and make it happen. That's what I did four-years ago and this morning I came back from a networking group breakfast for professionals of all types. Now I've got 6 more contacts that I didn't have yesterday.
edit on 11-9-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Personal experiences are anecdotal evidence.

The expression anecdotal evidence refers to evidence from anecdotes. Because of the small sample, there is a larger chance that it may be unreliable due to cherry-picked or otherwise non-representative samples of typical cases.[1][2] Anecdotal evidence is considered dubious support of a generalized claim; it is, however, perfectly acceptable for claims regarding a particular instance. Anecdotal evidence is no more than a type description (i.e., short narrative), and is often confused in discussions with its weight, or other considerations, as to the purpose(s) for which it is used. This is true regardless of the veracity of individual claims.[3][4][5]

Anecdotal evidence is evidence of nothing. Though it is a GREAT tool to spread disinformation around. Good job denying ignorance there moderator. Even funnier is that you are trying to trump my REAL stats and numbers with your anecdotes like it means something.

edit on 11-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

No. It means that it can only be surmised by many people viewing the same thing. Thus it becomes evident. As this is. Not a link that can show....something.

Interesting thing this week. There's an old time member here. Listened to him about what it's like in Mexico. Beautiful in the south. North, not so much. I related that this week and a member pointed out that it wasn't that way in southern Mexico. He had a link. Holy crap. Later them member came back and filled him in on reality.....not his link.

Reality and Google are often at odds.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm not a boomer, not a millenial.

I interact with both. I conduct new hire training at my factory. Just from my experience in this position over the last five years, I can tell you I will gladly invest my time training a boomer over a millenial. The tweeners from my generation never fair well either.

I spent 8 hours conducting training with a twenty year old. He was telling me how hard it is to get a job out there these days. He has a 1 year old son. He and his family live with his parents. Blah, blah, blah.....

He lasted three hours on the job before he went to break and never came back. I've seen this a hundred times in the last five years.. It's a joke.

If boomers "stepped aside" as op put it, the entire continent would be swallowed by the "knowledge and common sense gap".

Boba

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Whatever I'm done with this sorry excuse for a thread. Have fun demonizing my generation. I don't care anymore. So sad to see this behavior, but nothing I can do. Y'all just want to hate each other and embrace anecdotal evidence despite OVERWHELMING evidence that says you are wrong. Fine then. Enjoy your hate fest. I called this crap on page 1.

ETA: Generational bigotry, the only bigotry that is still socially acceptable.
edit on 11-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Actually it my generation did My Generation too:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Sorry if your a baby boomer but guess what, your time is done its time to let the younger people move up and take your place.

Get out if the way and let this place evolve.

No problem ! What do you have to offer ? Credentials please. My friend has a Degree in history from Denver University ( worthless ). He returned to school and got a Nursing degree.
Also apparently worthless considering he was unable to get a job wiping asses at a hospice.
WHY ? To old. Again, I ask what do you have to offer the world ? This isn't a baited question.
I'd genuinely like to know. Thanks

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Don't listen to these old coots, OP. You're absolutely right. I've been waiting for this system to collapse long enough. I can't think of a faster way to get there, than to put your generation in charge of everything. I'm tired of my generation propping it up, in hopes of salvaging it for a generation that has no respect, no values, and no foresight. I hope you get what you want, and I hope your kids are just like you.
. Well don't plan on still living in your parent's basement, soon the reverse mortgage people will take the house and your out in the street

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Gen X'er here grabbing my popcorn and watching the show.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If only one group was to blame for all of this.

IF only.

This is the culmination.
edit on 11-9-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE
??? You might want to re-read my post.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
As a Millennial I weep at the generational conflicts between baby boomers and my generation. Too much accusations between each other. Honestly I lost faith on the generations from the Baby Boomers to the Millennials since we are all responsible for the downfall of America.

I hope the new generation will not repeat our mistakes.

I am planning on being a US history teacher and one reason is teach the new generation the mistakes of what we did and hopefully they don't repeat it like we do.
edit on 11-9-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

They will believe me. History repeats itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join