It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Says Americans Are Losing Their Appetite For McDonald's, Taco Bell And Burger King

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: deadlysyn

It's going to suck for them and a lot of other people but it's about time for a change.

I don't support these companies staying in business to support them.

I want the government to be forced to spend our tax dollars on education reform and pay for these people to have a shot at a better life.

The problem with that is: Having a better education does not always equal a better paying job.

The market is FLOODED with people who have degrees, but not enough jobs in their field.

All fast food places close down, and you're going to have millions more unemployed with no source of income at all. Even if the government were to have a program paying for them to have higher education and no cost to them (but of course that will cost the tax payers), they still have bills to pay or family to help provide for. That means that any entitlements that they get now, will have to be increased quite a bit so they can make ends meet while they are all back in school and not earning any type of income (another tax increase for the tax payers to cover that).

I would love to see less people eating the crap fast food. I would also love to see more people getting jobs that pay better.

However, something would need to be in place before they all became unemployed and on the dole.

It's like a sinking ship. It has a lot of people on it, and it seems to be sinking slowly. You don't force everyone to jump into the water and hope they can tread water long enough for another ship to show up.
Instead, you keep them on the ship until that other ship shows up, so it can take them onboard.

So while yes, closing fast food places means that hopefully people will be eating better (not 100 percent sure about that, what about what they cook at home?), it also means that you may end up with a LOT of people not being able to eat at all or have a place to live anymore.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I havent had Micky D's in over a year. Its not even real food. Its like mushy plastic with meat flavoring. Last time i had one of their burgers I was puking my guts out 3 hours later. Its gross. Nobody in my family or any of my friends eat there anymore. It seriously is becoming a place people avoid because of the crap they serve. In and Out on the other hand now thats good stuff and cheaper than Mc Crap your brains out.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Idk about you guys, but the closest BK for me is in Slinger, Wis. And I crave their onion rings like mad hell.

and they still have cherry vanilla doctor pepper! Won't be losing my bk appetite for a while

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Me too. Get this vile poison out of our economy.

Not just the food but the corporate policies and practice.

Awesome..Are you going to hire all the people that work in these places or are you going to be the person that cries about unemployment numbers being high if they go under.

Right now, people have a choice. They can choose to eat there and they can choose to work there. No one makes either have to happen so why remove it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join