It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Shooting: Marine 911 Caller Lied about Slain Man Pointing Toy Gun at Custimers... And more!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

i pretty much agree with everything. does not seem unreasonable to me that this guy deal with charges about making a false statement.

just seems like in a good deal of these posts people think its all his fault.
people saying he shamed the marines. things like that.

your post makes sense to me. some people though think its not the cops fault at all cause they took his word for it cause they thought he was a marine. thats the major part that i dont understand.

why would the cops be more apt to believe someone that 'used' to be a marine?
thats my issue

does being a marine make a person more credible?
what if they had not been a marine for 25 years? just as credible as someone that was a marine 5 years ago?

im just trying to wrap my head around it. i also dont understand how being a marine makes someone a weapons expert.
do you understand that?

if i go through boot camp and actually become a marine(not lower than scum), the day i graduate am i a weapons master

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant
Every marine has to qualify as a basic rifleman first, then they go on to whatever carreer path they go into. Weapons expert, no, not out of bootcamp. Knowledgeable enough about rifles to know what loading bullets into it looks like, for sure. I don't think I have seen a single poster in here only blaming the liar, and absolving the cops of their share of the blame.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
just seems like in a good deal of these posts people think its all his fault.
people saying he shamed the marines. things like that.

That might be because this thread is about the "marine", not the whole situation. It's about the "marine" that lied.

some people though think its not the cops fault at all cause they took his word for it cause they thought he was a marine. thats the major part that i dont understand.

I haven't seen anyone say the cops were completely innocent. Maybe I missed it... But I would strongly disagree.

why would the cops be more apt to believe someone that 'used' to be a marine?
thats my issue

If he had said he was an ex- cop, they might believe him more easily, too. Same with a marine. It would be safe to assume that a marine knows weapons and what it looks like to load a weapon... A marine's likely got a background of "protecting his nation". Whether you believe that or not, I can understand a cop taking the word of a marine because he's a marine. But that doesn't make the cop innocent by ANY means.

does being a marine make a person more credible?

You're preaching to the choir here. No, it does not. I agree that a person's past military service doesn't make him a credible person. It doesn't make him anything special, IMO. But I can understand how some think it does.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

With military service you expect a certain level of understanding when it comes to weaponry, identifying threats, and tactical situations.

It does not necessarily make one more credible as a person, but, as a soldier myself, I expect that level of understanding.

Mind you, I am not average when it comes to knowledge of weaponry, even by the Army's standard. But there is a basic level of understanding that I expect to see out of even a desk job soldier.

That is why his lie was so dangerous. It is also why I believe this man should be charged, at the very least, with making false statements, at worst with accessory to murder.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: spav5
Those two situations are really similar /sarcasm
I don't know why you are defending the liar so hard? Do you really think this is acceptable behavior?

I am not defending him. He is only a small issue that is being discussed more than a larger issue. Police are shooting down in the streets and you guys are mad about a man lying about being a Marine.

I don't give two sits about what the fake marine called and told the police. That person needs help. The police officers need incarceration. What everyone is talking about is not the violent actions of the murdering police but incarcerations for an obviously disturbed individual.

I think that you see my point, when I asked if it would be okay if they had shot a child wearing an ET costume because a person claimed aliens were abducting children, right? See how ridiculous it would be for us to be crying for justice by incarcerating the caller and NOT the police? That is what you people are doing now.

Peace

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't know how many times I gotta say it. The book should be thrown at the liar, and the cops that shot the dude in the back for no reason, if that is actually what happened.

The liar committed a crime, against someone I presume he did not know, so why did he do it? Either he is a racist, or one of those anti gun nut jobs who think calling the cops and making false reports against people that have guns in an open carry state for no reason is a swell idea, or he's a lunatic. Those are the only ideas I can come up with.

He did not just report someone with a gun, he made up lies about him seeing the gun being loaded, and seen him point it at kids in the store. That needs to be punished, people need to know they cannot get away with that #. It's akin to S.W.A.T.ting, which is highly dangerous, and carries a stiff penalty, as it should.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

He did not just report someone with a gun, he made up lies about him seeing the gun being loaded, and seen him point it at kids in the store. That needs to be punished, people need to know they cannot get away with that #. It's akin to S.W.A.T.ting, which is highly dangerous, and carries a stiff penalty, as it should.

I have little idea WHY he did it? My guess is because he is not right int he head.

You have been suckered into deflecting ANYTHING onto this man and away from likely murderers.

They want you to place (even if only a small amount) blame on this man for murder. He is guilty of lying to the dispatcher of 911..PERIOD. What book should be thrown at a man who makes false claims to 911?

He is as much to blame, for that man's death, as the manufacturer of the tires on their police car that brought them to the location. It is illogical to believe otherwise.

Peace

edit on 16-9-2014 by spav5 because: repeated phrase.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Worst analogy ever. The police tires made a choice and acted on it, did they? The tires could have said "Nah, I don't feel like doing this". He is not an inanimate object, he made a choice and acted on it. His action was not a mistake, an overreaction, which I might be a bit more sympathetic about. He fabricated and reported events that did not even come close to happening, if the description of the video is correct.

This thread is about the liar, and his misdeeds, that is the topic of this thread. You sir are the one deflecting, I am beginning to think you might be one of the people that would like to call cops on people carrying guns, and get away with it. I hope I am wrong.

He should have the same book thrown at him as any other SWATter does, because that was his crime. If he is a nutbar then lock him in a loony bin until he gets his marbles back then.

I hope the police are tearing apart his internet habits, see if he frequents places like that hack podcaster posted earlier.

edit on Tue, 16 Sep 2014 04:10:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: spav5
What book should be thrown at a man who makes false claims to 911?

its a little 2 page thing. more like a leaflet... ha

i agree with your posts. i think people are just pissy cause this dude said he was a marine... the cops got twitchy cause they took rambo for his word and killed someone. have to lay blame somewhere right?
the cops dropped the ball again....

did the caller look like this

he is just trying to get a message to general franklin kirby

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: spav5
Police are shooting down in the streets and you guys are mad about a man lying about being a Marine.

There's already a thread about the general shooting - I linked to it in the OP... www.abovetopsecret.com... If you want to discuss the general shooting, please do so there. THIS thread is about the lying marine (see title and OP).

I don't give two sits about what the fake marine called and told the police.

Then why are you posting in the thread about him?
edit on 9/16/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The guy wasn't a Marine. He washed out of bootcamp.

His hysterical and untruthful call started a series of events that landed someone in the morgue. Should be held culpable. If you call the cops in good faith and sincerity, of course you are not responsible if something goes bad. If you call them and lie about what is going on, then you do bear some responsibility.

What happens to a bullet after it leaves the gun is ultimately the responsibility of the shooters. The police in question do bear investigation and, if the evidence indicates, trial and possible conviction.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

You're being intentionally inaccurate. The witness said the victim never "shouldered" the weapon, but attorney for the family says he DID "casually swing the weapon up to his shoulder", and he's seen the video. Maybe semantics, but the gun was at some point pointed in some direction that wasn't the floor. Nice try all the same.

And to say he "lied" about being and "ex" marine is misleading. He WAS a marine, and now he's not. That isn't a lie.

If he never made it out of boot camp, he wouldn't have been a Marine. And at 7 weeks, he never made it out of boot camp. That might be semantics to you as well, but to someone that IS a former Marine, trust me, it ain't.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Here's the surveillance video.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Ohio Grand Jury decides not to charge cop:

NBC News

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
The cops yell, he turns his head to see who is yelling, they shoot. Don't they teach to take cover, and you know, give people a chance to react anymore? I can't believe no charges are brought up, unless they didn't bother showing the grand jury the video....

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Lets re-examine this . I truly believe Walmart needs to explain the unpackaged extremely lifelike bb gun left on the shelf. Who wouldve thought lazy low payed managers would let this happen? But then the flip side... you come in and kill him without a single drop the weapon? layers upon layers of how the US is failing socially. I hope one of you one percenters is actually reading this. do something about the cops brutality, if u can
edit on 1-1-2015 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join