It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oh well... it is official. Australia to support US offensive.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Australia has confirmed its support for an active role in the US led military offensive against Islamic state.

Transcript
TONY JONES, PRESENTER: Australia has reaffirmed its support for an active role in the US-led military offensive against Islamic State.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott is expected to discuss Australia's contribution when he meets Barack Obama at a UN Security Council meeting in New York in two weeks from now.

Lateline

Another recent thread on ATS states Canada is also supporting the US:
Canada

I suppose when they get enough support, they will go to War?

oh well.. War is on the table again and is not too far away, only a matter of time.

EDIT to add:

This is Julie Bishop's contribution... pfft.

JULIE BISHOP, FOREIGN MINISTER: We are seeking to build a broad coalition because ISIL is a global threat. It's not just a threat to Syria and Iraq and the immediate countries; it is a global threat to global security.

source in above link.

how stupid!

"it is a threat to global security" but she repeats the word global.

I hope there is some intelligent aliens out there that might save us from this idiocracy.

edit on CDT08uThu, 11 Sep 2014 08:56:43 -05005643am253 by Thurisaz because: add

edit on CDT09000000Thu, 11 Sep 2014 09:40:06 -05004006am253 by Thurisaz because: to add link

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

They do need eradicating. Or at least marginalised and squeezed out. They've been around for a while but they've started making a lot of noise recently. Lets put them in their place give them a Reality check.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
To be honest, we all should have done this earlier.

Now, i don't like war as much as the next guy, but we went over there and helped ruin the joint. We should go back over there and help ensure that ISIS doesn't completely establish itself, although i fear it is already too late.

With the above said, this isn't much like the previous Iraq war. We will be fulfilling a supportive role, as will Canada, Britain and even the US. The main fighting forces are the Kurds and the Iraqis. All we will be doing is sending jets and special forces over.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yes a new coalition to defeat the "new enemy" in the same old place.

Oh, but this time it'll stick.

The lesson of empires still isn't sinking in.

The "first" Gulf War.

Operation Iraqi Freedom,

And In Afghanistan, Enduring Freedom and "The Surge".

What will they call this one to invade Syria, "Gone Wild"?

Im with you OP.

Pffft…

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I agree with what your saying... however, it is starting to seem as though it is a cycle of BS.

'Agree to war... send troops.... stay a while... then pull them all out...war is over...then agree to war... send troops etc'

edit on CDT09uThu, 11 Sep 2014 09:13:13 -05001313am253 by Thurisaz because: spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Isn't war what started this whole mess?

second line

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

um I thought it was because of the huge mineral wealth?

$ started this mess.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Yep, easy access to Syria sounds more like it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

lol I don't think they will use that slogan... it would have to be something similar to previous interventions... I have a hunch that whatever the plan of action is, it will definitely have the word 'freedom' in it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I have always been against the US and their allies going back there for war, I don't see it as a viable option for true eradication but they do need eradicated so I will hope for one thing, and one thing only.

That we do it right this time. That's it, just if we are going to do this, we sure as hell better do it right. If we are going to do this, we best mean it - and do it to eradicate them only. No other reason.

edit on 11-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Thurisaz

lol I don't think they will use that slogan... it would have to be something similar to previous interventions... I have a hunch that whatever the plan of action is, it will definitely have the word 'freedom' in it.

Yah, Iv'e used that one before, too. Howa about operation Violate Freedom?

Or "Free(them) from their Ribcage"?

They always use words that mean the opposite don't they? Like intervention, for instance.

How about Operation Meddlesome?

regards,

intrptr

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It’s not really surprising, since we’ve based our whole defensive policy on ‘always’ supporting the US, ever since the UK left us in the cold and the US had to come and save us during WWII.

Anyway, when will people wake up to themselves and realise that attacking people with military force only serves as justification for the people being attacked, which further amplifies there ingrained belief system and makes them even more radical. Just as it would for anyone of us, if some foreign force started bombing our country with little regard for the innocent victims caught in between.

It’s Einstein’s definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over, then expecting a different result each time.

I was talking to an Afghani bloke not long ago, he was over here on a temporary working visa, seeking asylum because he’s uncle who was taliban was going to murder him for fighting with the Afghan national army, along side the aussie forces. Anyway, I asked if we’d actually done any good over there (as in have we even weakened the taliban). He looked at me with a confused look and said, “you can’t protect the people from themselves”.

That’s what people don’t seem to understand, these radical groups aren’t just some separate entity that magically popped up in these regions one day. The fancy little names of these groups the MSM like to pound into our heads are irrelevant, the root of this issue is not within a name. It’s a fundamental belief system, which is deeply ingrained within the culture of the people. You can’t bomb a belief system out of a entire culture of people, unless of course you were going to annihilate the whole lot of them!

The only way you could really achieve this is by helping the people become more prosperous over many years, though high quality education, good health care systems and by developing industries.

This approach would obviously be far too expensive for the US or it’s allies to even consider. So there for, the only thing we can realistically do that won’t just make the situation worse at this point (keeping in mind that we can’t uninvaded Iraq, lol), is to just let them fight it out amongst themselves until some kind of equilibrium is established.

This is not Nazi Germany, they are no threat to us whatsoever, they’re a 3rd world people living in an ancient culture.

Sure there’s always the chance of some crude terrorist attack. But attacking them just puts us more at risk of a terrorist attack, you don’t have to be a genius to work that out. Plus, if people would just forget about their irrational emotions for one minute and use a little intellect and basic common sense, they’d realise that some crude terrorist attack won’t collapse our society or affect our way of life. Anyone that lets the chance of terrorist attack effect their quality of life in the long run, is just being completely irrational. You or one of your loved ones are far more likely to killed by some drunk driver on your way to work.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

your third world people are from Australia and taking their 8 year old children along to chop the heads off innocent people. Your third world people were more likely than not to have been born and raised in western countries never once having seen this third world; one from the US is a white European who was a cop and decided it would be fun to join up and kill innocent people.

Your the one not facing the truth. These people are dangerous. We don't allow serial killers off scot-free to run around doing their torturing and killing - especially when they are OUR serial killers - just because it's more likely to die in a traffic accident.

Far more likely yes, far more dangerous - no. Their target; as many people as possible. Their goal, as many countries as possible under their control. Random traffic accidents don't compare - cars are not intelligent, people are.

edit on 11-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

America is a blood thirsty nation. Can't go more than a few years without some sort of armed conflict in the world (not our home soil of course).

Military Conflicts in U.S. History

The US Has Been Involved In These Wars For Nearly Half Its Existence

The U.S. has a long history of armed conflict and the Best Liberal Art Colleges released this infographic, breaking down the battles, the cost, and the duration of each. It's a handy and concise look at a long and complex history of armed conflict.

YAY war!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

your third world people are from Australia and taking their 8 year old children along to chop the heads off innocent people. Your third world people were more likely than not to have been born and raised in western countries never once having seen this third world; one from the US is a white European who was a cop and decided it would be fun to join up and kill innocent people.

Yeah, I think you should probably just settle down there mate, it might help you realise how completely irrational your logic is.

So let me get this right, you’ve seen some white bloke (his race is obviously what makes it so horrendous to a person of your mentality) beheaded in the MSM and now you want the government to go and start dropping bombs in the ME? Hmm, by any off chance, has the thought ever crossed your mind that maybe these people released the video specifically as bait to western forces? That maybe they know full well it’ll anger sunni’s from all over the ME and the rest of the world, then motivate them to came join the fight? lol, you’ve been played like an instrument from both sides.

Trying to claim that even a minority of these people where born in western countries is not even just propaganda, its an out right lie!

Why would you even care that fanatical muslims are going over there to join the fight? Good riddance to them I say, they’re no danger to us over there fighting there little primitive religious war.

Your the one not facing the truth. These people are dangerous. We don't allow serial killers off scot-free to run around doing their torturing and killing - especially when they are OUR serial killers - just because it's more likely to die in a traffic accident.

If these people are so dangerous, then it’s the job of AFP or whatever secret service to keep an eye on them and if they have committed a crime and try to return to Australia, arrest them. Stop blowing this out of proportion!

Of course we don’t allow serial killers off scot-free. But, (and I can’t emphasize this enough) we most certainly don’t go and murder thousands of innocent people in order to catch said serial killer.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that your country has been infiltrated by puppets, and will now be at The United States of Israels feet doing as they're told to in all future attacks on the world. Look out Syria! And why isn't people who are right in the line of fire anxious to help??? Such as Israel and Saudi Arabia? Egypt?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hang on are we at war with ISIS? or are we at war with Russia???

...or is it Syria??

...or is it Iraq?

...Iran?

F#it, lets just war everyone shall we.

/end sarcasm

Let them alone.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisa

Nice dear little puppets arn't we, always running off to fight americas wars for them. Nice obedient people we Aussies are. beckon with their finger and off we run.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hah.. I was waiting for it, Tony Aboott being a wannabe Obama and all it was inevitable, it is not like it's the first time and we have a Liberal Government running our country, same deal last time.. ill bet soon they will be giving them more Military bases here in Australia too..

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Sometimes it helps to know who you are speaking to prior to making wild accusations and assumptions.

My experience with these terrorists comes from knowing and working in some way with many of them. I'm a Muslim who worked extensively with people who were being sucked into the extremists ideology and propaganda here in the United States.

As far as the "white bloke" I'd be pissed if it was ANY bloke, white, black, brown or yellow getting their head chopped off. And as a matter of fact, I'm more pissed about all the "brown" people they are over there murdering, but that's only because there is a whole lot more of them than just one.

I saw 1700 shia killed at once - these are murdering bastards, and I am sick to death about it all. I'm pissed as hell. They come from western countries and then go kill every single middle easterner they can find to kill... yeah - I'm more than just a little bit pissed off. But not because of 1 white guy, because of ALL OF IT. I have been since they killed the first person, and I will be until the last of these fanatics are stopped dead in their tracks - never to kill another innocent person again.

Back to my experience in western countries. I believe wholeheartedly that the figures the government is giving for numbers of ISIS and al-Qaeda fighters from western countries are very LOW. I expect the reality is that the number is quite a lot higher actually, probably even double the numbers they have given.

They have recruiters in every single western country. I know this, I have spent a large portion of my life trying to get people out of their grip. I know who they go after, and why.

First, they go for the ignorance of the Arabic language factor. This is why they do so well in western countries. People who don't know the language will believe what they are being told about what the books say and mean.

Second they go after those who feel disenfranchised from the rest of society. The same way gang members do their recruiting - the extremists groups do theirs.

In one city in the United States I know of 3 masajid where extremism is taught. I expect they also do their fair share of recruiting for various al-Qaeda groups like ISIS ect. as they target ex-cons among other people. What they is pure evil, and I spent years trying to get people out of there and away from them. That is only 1 city in the United States.... and they do this in every single city in every single western country.

It's little wonder both groups have gotten the majority of their fighters from western countries. Little wonder at all.

And yes, they are dangerous. I fight them in every way I can... I don't believe a car accident is more dangerous, because a car accident doesn't have specific targets, and specific goals.It's best not to stick our collective heads in the proverbial sand, when dealing with extremism. It's really best to learn how best to fight against them, and do it.

And the ones we loose, the worst of the worst who are currently overseas fighting in countries not their own - should NEVER be allowed back. At least governments will have much less to worry about that way, where concerns the lives and future of these people - a people you can never set loose on this soil again.

edit on 14-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join