It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids From Ferguson Recruited to ‘Educate White America’ on Racism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996
The last people that need to be teaching ANYONE about racism are those living in the ghettos, and impoverished neighborhoods. Once they're out of there, and have had some years to look at things in hindsight, they might be able to speak to race issues. Until then, they're perspective is extremely skewed, because they have nothing with which to make a comparison.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Well I grew up in a decent neighborhood in the south where a majority of the population happened to be caucasion.

I have had many bad experiences since high school. I have been called the names I stated previously many times. Tweleve years later I have still been refered to as such on several occassions.

As a police officer I have been to numerous calls where a caucasion was "jumped" by african americans in which the victim stated racial slurs (cracka, honkey, wood) were used.

I have NEVER been to a call where an african american was "jumped" by a group of caucasions who used racial slurs towards them.

Those are my personal experiences. I am sure many have had the same as me.

That is why many caucasions get upset when videos like this surface. It is because you never see videos addressing the other side. It is hypocritical and to be quite honest offensive.
edit on 11-9-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I will concede that maybe instead of saying "hey white people", they should have just said "hey people". I wished they had more than just one white guy on the video. But I don't think the video was a total mistake. I still think the general message that discrimination against blacks hasn't gone away is a valid message that needs to be talked about.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I will concede that maybe instead of saying "hey white people", they should have just said "hey people". I wished they had more than just one white guy on the video. But I don't think the video was a total mistake. I still think the general message that discrimination against blacks hasn't gone away is a valid message that needs to be talked about.

Putting in an effort to change something for the better is never a total waste.

I think we can both agree on that point.
edit on 9/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

You're probably not going to like me saying this but, racism (in America) happened to blacks first before it ever happened to whites. Some blacks have just never gotten over that, hence the name calling in order to "get even". Should they get over it and stop the name calling? YES! Should whites stop discriminating against blacks? YES!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Interesting play.

This might move some of the support for the people back to the police.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

Thanks for the advice!! I will be sure to look into it when I live in your fantasy land. Sometimes we need to open up our eyes and see the injustices that have never and will never change. A rock is a rock.

When you can turn water into wine or a rock into a tree then I may listen to you. But go ahead and keep thinking that being PC is actually making a difference.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Lmao what a joke. I'm no racist and sure as hell don't need a bunch of snot nosed kids telling me to be more sensitive. Here's something I want to say to those that are doing this if you're trying to teach people a lesson start in your own homes and families.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum
Lmao what a joke. I'm no racist and sure as hell don't need a bunch of snot nosed kids telling me to be more sensitive. Here's something I want to say to those that are doing this if you're trying to teach people a lesson start in your own homes and families.

You're right, obviously. There is no discrimination ever at all against blacks. It's totally made up. Never happened in the past, not happening now, never will happen in the future.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Who the hell was that cracker at the end?

It was them saying, see we have white guy in the video so its ok.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
RACE?!
Even the term "Race" is effed' up from the start.
Anytime I've seen heard or been involved in a race there was a "Winner" at the end! Just calling us/them/those people a race we'd us up for failure from the start. Speaking about the start, races have a starting and finishing line. Can anyone tell me where this "Race" started and where we are racing to?! History tells me that slaves have been made of EVERY TRIBE of people at some point in time. So that can't be the start. Hell, my sons are "mixed" and truly being in Texas I thought if we had racism problems it would be Redneck white guys, but find it is young black men that have issue with a white guy being with a pretty "light skinded black girl". People are racist against their own kind as much or more than others. Light skin blacks hated on by dark skin, I just now grouped "Redneck" white guys into an expectation that I created in my own head.
Jealousy breeds hatred! It's as simple as that. Someone or some group is perceived to be winning the "race" so jealousy rears it's ugly head and someone ends up with a hurt ego. We will never eliminate the ego, therefore there will always be a perceived cause for jealousy.
Sorry guys but a "Race" without a finish line has no winners. Period

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Seriously ... do we know for sure this isn't a SNL skit? The endless contradictions between their "message" and the actual video are hilarious! And when the smiling, white guy pops up near the end I laughed out loud.

$13 for a shirt! $5 goes to fight racism! $8 goes towards our new Sea-doo...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Maybe US should take an example from them in the War on Drugs. "Fight drugs by doing drugs" ... just can't stop laughing.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

$13 for a shirt! $5 goes to fight racism! $8 goes towards our new Sea-doo...

I would figure it more like

$13 for a shirt! $0 goes to fight racism! $13 goes towards our new rims...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

This is such a sad state we are in now.

This video is pathetic and racist. Its irony at its best. I feel sick from watching it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I agree here, it's them saying hey white people that really gets people going and understandably so.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Who is the we? Cause last I checked we're still not over racism. If you're gonna argue that at least say post MLK. I think he was assassinated over that whole civil rights movement thing a hundred years after we "got over racism". Ferguson was undeniably race based and that was as recent as it gets :p. So which group are you part of that's just " over racism?". Racism is over/get over it is the most morally bankrupt response possible, or maybe just woefully ignorant. Is your town that's entirely devoid of racial issues morally bankrupt or just completely uneducated about american history?

Also getting uncomfortable because black people are near you and MIGHT do something isn't the same as being shot in broad daylight unjustifiably and getting zero justice and bonus oppression for the family and neighbors of the deceased.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Racism...

It's not true anymore from a sense of skin color. 90% + of White people could care less about skin color.

The reality is cultural and HUGE swaths of African Americans have alienated White people via the INTENTIONAL creation of subculture based around an identity that is in itself entirely Racist which is skin color. A way of walking, talking, perceiving others, a notion of victimization which is unappealing and a sub, sub culture of thugging.

The truth is A LOT of Black people dislike the Sub Culture of being "Black" because they realize that is the alienating factor to other Races and yes that include Asians, not their skin color.

And... this video is RIPE with it, it's very alienating... your not going to "Belong" if your goal is alienation and rebellion from... not anymore often than the Goth Kid ever gets a date with the Cheerleader

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum

You're right, obviously. There is no discrimination ever at all against blacks. It's totally made up. Never happened in the past, not happening now, never will happen in the future.

When exactly did he say there was no discrimination against blacks ever??? What exactly are you trying to do cause it honestly seems like your just trying to get a rise out of those who post what you dont like.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join