It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids From Ferguson Recruited to ‘Educate White America’ on Racism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Nothing like facts to piss off your local conservative blogs..

Came across this video and thought it would make for interesting conversation. Of course the conservative media are getting the message wrong.

Here are some of the headlines.

Offensi ve ‘Hey White People’ video: Ferguson kids mock white people to ‘teach’ them about racism

Ferguson Kids Told To Say, 'Hey White People,' You're Still Racist

WHITE DEVILS: Video Titled “Hey White People” Will Make Your Blood Boil
edit on 11-9-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
WOW!!

I bet their parents are proud of them.. You know those divided families, the ones with dads or mom not in the picture.

Sad... it's sad that children are being exploited because of race... and then stating obscure statistics.. there are a lot more cities in the US than New york...

They should have made a PSA to the media and the police department, Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton about racial division and race baiting..
edit on 11-9-2014 by kdyam because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I have to say if this video was the other way around, no matter who produced it, blacks would be up in arms. Just the truth. I'm tired of commenting on this # on ATS because every time I turn around on this site anymore, it's some kind of race bs. I'll defend my points but this race # is getting out of hand on here.

I couldn't imagine a video like this saying "Hey Black People!!" AL Sharpton would be on the march with his big mouth again. And screw their shirts, take a hike.
edit on 9/11/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
And what they are doing is not racist?? Really? Bring on the hellfire with this one because I disagree with the fact that this video contained no racism at all.

If you had a bunch of white kids up there saying THE EXACT SAME THINGS these kids were saying and mocking the way black people talked or acted, it would have been snowing on the hilltops of hell before they quit talking about it. And don't give me the "slave" issue as an excuse as to why it's ok for them to do it but not for others. None of us and none of those children were alive or participated in the things that happened during most of our great/grandparent's time.

Listen up white people??? Nothing says racism quite like lumping a whole group of "same color" folks together. They are doing in this video exactly what they accuse white people of doing.

I'm not mad and I'm not offended by this at all. I'm just saying that there is a double standard here and that is what continues the divide.

Cheering this on is the same as cheering on a further divide.

I know this won't be popular. I want to make clear that I don't see anything wrong with educating people on racism, but to only address one group of people while doing it is a bit ironic IMO. Unfortunately there will always be ignorant dumbasses in all shades of color that perpetuate this hate. Those few keep it in the headlines though and some folks cling to one or the other not caring that it is dividing us and making us weaker.

We will probably never be able to eradicate racism completely because we all know that you can't fix stupid. The best thing we can ALL do (myself included) is completely ignore the pandemic race baiting bullshiite that has been gaining momentum for some time now.

JMHO
edit on 9/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I agree with what they said, just don't like how it was said. Kids seem to have an attitude while they are telling me the stuff.
Those headlines tho.. what video did they watch??

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I am so over this racism crap. Moving on..

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Now if we went into the threads where the roles are reversed would we still see you anger of being " tired of reading about this race bs"?
And if you need to see a white guy up in arms about I'm sure Bill or sean over at Fox news will have you covered in no time

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Now if we went into the threads where the roles are reversed would we still see you anger of being " tired of reading about this race bs"?
And if you need to see a white guy up in arms about I'm sure Bill or sean over at Fox news will have you covered in no time

I'm tired of race, yes. But, I'm not going to sit back and keep my mouth shut when everywhere I look on this site it's blacks pointing at whites like we're the only ones who are racist. I'm sick of it. I knew I would get a response form you and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you attack me personally again.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Who the hell was that cracker at the end?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

He was such a silly cracker, aye? lol

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

He was such a silly cracker, aye? lol

I had to say it lol

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

He was the "Token"....

edit on 9/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

(post by kdyam removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I agree with you 100%. This is nothing but a marketing scheme, as racists as the video is, to sell their stupid shirts.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Here's something that it seems most people will never understand (or don't want to admit)

Racism truly is alive today in America. Just like it has been since this nation was founded. Just like it has been in every nation of this planet since we have enough information about societies to make that determination.

Yes racism is still around, it's practitioners are white, black, and every other color of the rainbow. Talking at a race as a group (as in "hey white people") is racist. Just like saying "Hey black people" is racist. Don't talk at me by my skin color. I would never do that to you, and if I did I'd be called on it.

The hypocrisy needs to stop. Blame the true perpetrators. Don't blame a race. Don't make it OK to group together an entire people based on skin color and blame them for things, because it's already been done to blacks and it was unjust then, just like blaming any race is unjust now.

Stop government from controlling and interfering in the lives of EVERYBODY in this country. Make sure EVERYBODY is left alone and allowed to do as they please as long as they don't hurt anybody. If that happens, what power does racism have?

It's so incredibly sad watching people perpetuate racism while at the same time claiming to fight against it. Not only because of the blatant hypocrisy, but also because it means they aren't fighting the fight against the true perpetrators.

It seems some people around the country are waking up but obviously not the ones in the OP's video.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Looks like you decided to make it personal first.
I'm sorry you feel I attacked you personally in the past, I'm not aware that I did but feel free to point it out to me if you would like. Maybe in a PM as to not derail the thread.

You what I'm sick of is that it is only race baiting when it is white on black. But when it is black in white, then it is just really racist black people going after white people. Get confused on that one

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The responses were just hilarious. You're right though, if white people did that video there would be some media shock and apologies and we'd all move on. Now use that same ability to imagine role reversal and imagine if a black man of any sort shot an unarmed white teenager. We all know he'd be killed or imprisoned not hidden in anonymity and protected.

Sick of race indeed. Let's try role reversal again. Can you imagine if merely the sound of your name frightened employers? This is a very well documented phenomenon. Just a false statistic though right?

Lack of exact and flawless scientific data for how white people in America are still racist should not mean there is no racism. I live in one of the more stable and modern metropolitan areas of the US. I interact with white people who are highly educated and have all their needs met and more on a daily basis and racism is shockingly common. I have friends who are wonderful and altogether kind people who still admit to racist tendencies.

If you really have never seen racism or felt it in yourself or heard it from someone else, tell me where you live. I'd love to move to this paradise.

But yeah those kids, whose friend and neighbor got shot for no reason and after a firestorm of police brutality and media attention (including my favorite combo of the cop who threatened to shoot a reporter) they should watch their attitude. Who taught them to be so rude while they are practically begging (albeit in a sarcastic tone meant to pierce your preconceptions with comedy) for white people to end the subconscious institutional racism still in place?

Once again though you guys are tired of hearing about race, echoing the standard lazy racist sentiment of most white Americans. As the black children in a town dominated by white on black racism and murder predicted you'd say because they hear it every day. In this video they're desperately hoping people will rethink that apathetic selfish and blind attitude.

Long post but just disappointed with the apathy on a site that seems to be trying to counter lazy thinking.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kdyam

Sad... it's sad that children are being exploited because of race... and then stating obscure statistics.. there are a lot more cities in the US than New york...

We always said that you can put young kids of all colors in a room and they would get along because they don't know what racism is...........................yet

They are still innocent, not tainted with hate

Once they hit their teens, all bets are off however

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kdyam
WOW!!

I bet their parents are proud of them.. You know those divided families, the ones with dads or mom not in the picture.

They should have made a PSA to the media and the police department, Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton about racial division and race baiting..

Since you're giving advice I'm going to give some too, stop making a fool of yourself with your racial digs. I know you think it's real edgy to float on the line of being a blatant racist but the only thing you accomplish is continuing the same racially motivated BS that's been happening forever. It's not going to stop until you stop it, too.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Looks like you decided to make it personal first.
I'm sorry you feel I attacked you personally in the past, I'm not aware that I did but feel free to point it out to me if you would like. Maybe in a PM as to not derail the thread.

You what I'm sick of is that it is only race baiting when it is white on black. But when it is black in white, then it is just really racist black people going after white people. Get confused on that one

I never made it personal first, how could I when I never directed my initial comment at you? I merely stated a FACT. That whenever the tables are turned and whites speak about race you have every idiot from Obama down to Al Sharpton getting involved. Yet, a video like this can be posted and it's ok. If you fail to see the problem with that, I don't know what to tell you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join