It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Chicago high-rise fire injures 25

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

btw, I'm at work and so can't check out how this is being reported on other local stations (like WGN or Fox here). People might want to look for the wgn 9 feed on the net since WGN has good chicago coverage (its owned by the Chicago Tribune's parent company). Also... the Trib/WGN have been feuding with Daley for almost a year, now, and so they might have a more critical take on all of this.

9 feed is not showing anything at this time on cable. Expect the 9@ 9 news will update everything. Hey wait what in the hell am I thinking<
Runs to get head phones and turn on WGN Radio with Larry shriner He is always up to the minute.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This thing is going wild, the thread I mean. Have head phones on with GN radio but Larry is not on.

also sorry to hear about the firefighters that have been hurt. Best wishes to them and their families

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
As for Meigs Field being bulldozed, Daily was able to use terrorism as his excuse.
[edit on 12/6/2004 by cyberdude78]

What about Flight Simulator now? Where will the default airport be?

On a serious note there is no national coverage that I can find but the meat that Dennis Miller is cooking on CNBC looks really good considering I haven't eaten dinner yet.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Thanks for keeping all of us updated with this story guys!

I have seen NO coverage of the fire on the TV, only on ATS and some websites here and there.

God Bless to all those injured...

Keep up the good work!

Edit..................................................

Fox News just had an "Alert" about the fire, almost exactly 1.5 hours after ATSNN.

Impressive!

[edit on 12/6/2004 by Trojanex]

[edit on 12/6/2004 by Trojanex]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
WGn just repoted that the Fire is 5-11 with 1/3rd of chicago fire department on the secen, they also have pushed every one 5 blocks away from the fire. Because of the risk of Breaking glass on the Upper Floors.

Sounds Fishey to me.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Zintac]

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Zintac]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Latest news from wgn 9 at 9 larry langford reporting. 16 taken to local hospitals and 2 firefithgers have been injured. (Update on firefighters at end of report states firefighters walked into hospital on their own.) Apparently their air tanks had run out and situation was not as bad as first reported.

Fire has been updated to a 5-11 special which is 1/3rd of the Chicago fire department in Chicago.

Also Up dated the EMT a 5-4 also never heard and not aware of what it is.

Fire department is asking media crews to move back from immediate area. Reason given is they are in fear of falling glass from the building.

Reporter asking for speculation as to cause and the spokesman says too eary to tell.

Fire started at 630 CST and may take a long time to contain.

[edit on 12/6/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yes I live outside chicago. 8 firefighters are in critical condition. It now has 3 special alarms up from 2. Still on fire, and definately NOT under control at 10:30 pm cst. They are still doing primary and secondary searchs throughout the building looking for people. I hope everyone got out and no fatalities. I do get updates every ten minutes or so.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The latest is 25 injured - 12 are fire fighters - 8 of those injured are in critical condition. The fire department says everyone is out of the building, but they're making sure right now.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I know that this is off topic and a bit of a stretch, but I watched about two hours of the webcast from Chicago that night and through all of it I never heard one report of concerns for the structural integrity of the building as a result of the fire. Now I know that this is a concrete building and not steel like WTC, but the WTC fires did not last for the extended period of time this fire did. In addition, the reporters were discussing what the floors would look like after that fire...all flooring and ceiling materials gone, wiring gone, furniture and computers gone, all that's left is a twisted mass of pipes, drop ceiling supports and melted metal. Still...no concern about structural integrity.

Anyone else notice this?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain
Now I know that this is a concrete building and not steel like WTC, but the WTC fires did not last for the extended period of time this fire did. In addition, the reporters were discussing what the floors would look like after that fire...all flooring and ceiling materials gone, wiring gone, furniture and computers gone, all that's left is a twisted mass of pipes, drop ceiling supports and melted metal. Still...no concern about structural integrity.

Anyone else notice this?

yeah. i was REALLY expecting the building to freefall in it's own footprint. weird that it didn't.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join