It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighters Ordered to Get Rid of Their Patriotic Decals

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412 and now he says department-issued flag stickers will be posted on every locker.

This is just as bad imo.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
Update:

Maywood Firefighters Allowed To Return To Work, Decal Dispute Still Unresolved

The four Maywood firefighters who were “relieved of duty” for part of a shift this week – after they balked at the chief’s order – will now be allowed to go back to work and won’t lose pay, says the fire chief.

But still not resolved: what stickers the firefighters may be allowed to post on their lockers and helmets.

Chief Craig Bronaugh says he ordered those stickers taken off – so everything would be uniform, and now he says department-issued flag stickers will be posted on every locker.

But on the eve of the 9-11 anniversary, telling firefighters to remove their own American flag decals didn’t sit very well.

“I do feel offended. I do feel upset, and I do feel hurt,” said firefighter Jesus Aguire, a veteran.

“So people might think it’s just a sticker. But to me, it’s more than a sticker. This is what I fought for and what a lot of other soldiers – thousands of soldiers, fighting for this country,” Aguire says.

Hope they get to keep their stickers too!!

They will.
Cooler heads will prevail..
In house power trips are not new.

However I DO NOT CONDONE RACIST REMARKS...( or photos )
But I don't think that was the case here...

I'm not a fan of unions...but
I'm local AFL-CIO CLO 1038
Many alcoholics/and men in need of anger management. Jobs have been spared..( no in 20 yrs I was disciplined 2 times for burning up an impeller & once for passing gas in the chiefs office and running out )
Me.....
I shake my head and train my kids.....
And I can still wear my flag...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: snarky412 and now he says department-issued flag stickers will be posted on every locker.

This is just as bad imo.

No..
No its what we call a F%$k up suck up move.

Edit: but that does make it uniformed like does it not?
edit on 11-9-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

This is just as bad imo.

I actually see your point (I feel like many won't) and agree 100%. This route is just as wrong as the first one. Nobody should be forced to place the flag sticker on their locker just as no one should be forced to take their's down. It's the same thing if you can remove yourself enough to look at it from a neutral perspective. The world is not black and white and this chief seems to feel like it's all or nothing, when in all actuality it has been working fine the way they've had it for years. This is what happens when you try to appease everyone.

The chief should have just nutted up and allowed the stickers to stay. Since he didn't, I suppose we will have to watch him dig himself a deeper hole and await those who will inevitably Come forward to complain that they were forced to put a flag on their lockers.

Round and round we go...
edit on 9/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Just once I want to hear a "Yeah it sounded better on paper and now I see it was not such a great idea, I will get together with the firefighters and come to a mutual understanding we all agree with."

I don't expect it though.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yes those pesky Patriotic FIrefighters. Terrible to the nation. yep sure.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
At least it wasn't an animated gif sticker on their lockers....LOL

Although, that would be pretty cool!!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Just once I want to hear a "Yeah it sounded better on paper and now I see it was not such a great idea, I will get together with the firefighters and come to a mutual understanding we all agree with."

I don't expect it though.

That would be nice and I won't be holding my breath for it either. There are too any folks on this planet that think they are infallible. I can forgive a whole lot if something is admitted and regretting. I can't forgive when one won't even listen to reason or admit fault.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Sounds like the chief needs some realignment treatment...probably involving his head and the wall repeatedly until he regains his sanity, but i can remember in the 1980's quite a few stickers glue could affect motorcycle helmets ability to withstand impacts here in the UK so they got banned but so long as it doesn't damage or impede the use of the equipment then i cant see why a bit of patriotic signage can't be allowed especially if no ones complaining other than the chief

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
So the picture in question he uses as an example to justify this order was posted 10 years ago according to the article

The Maywood fire chief told CBS 2 the order rose out of a need to banish inappropriate messages and gave an example of a photo that could be seen as racist.
A former Maywood firefighter who says that wasn’t the goal when he posted it 10 years ago.
“I cut out a picture of a smoking monkey and hung it on a guy’s locker that I was trying to jam up because of his smoking habit, nothing more” said former Maywood firefighter Michael Hess.

He really couldn't modify the ban to exempt the flag? Apparently patriotism falls into the category of sending "inappropriate messages". Wow.

It is the slow turning up of the heat on that pot that is cooking our goose.

I see it everywhere at an increasingly rapid pace. We are not being blindsided. It is right in your face. We are not paying attention. We are slowly and incrementally chopping off our toes and fingers one millimeter at a time. Soon we won't be able to fight, hold on, or have a leg to stand on.

First people would ridicule those that pointed out the snake in the bushes. Then they rationalized that snakes have a right to be in the bushes, they serve a wonderful and beneficial purpose. Then they tried to criminalize you for trying to remove the snakes and interfering with the snakes rights to life and to multiply. Then they became dismissive when the snakes moved from the bushes to the grass, then the sidewalk, then your doorstep, then your living room. "What did we expect?" "The snakes have their rights and I don't have anything to hide from the snakes." "The snakes aren't bothering me or my house." Then they say, "What do you want me to do?" "There are too many snakes, there is nothing we can do about it." "We just have to learn how to get along with the snakes, and try not to upset them." Then it is, "The snake was only protecting itself when it attacked the child, the child should not have pushed the snake off its lap." "The snake is just being a snake." Then it becomes, "The snakes are just doing their job." "If you don't want to get bitten or killed by the snake, you should just give your house to the snake." "If you just stay out the way of the snake or if you don't move in a threatening way to the snake then the snake won't bother you." Next will be, "The snake is God." "It is your duty, your obligation to serve the snake." "It is our duty and responsibility to report any that speaks against or harms the snake." It sounds ridiculous, and would be laughable, if it were not true.

We have turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to the slow demise of our rights and freedoms. Those simple basic activities that were accepted as private and expected to be so, have become government property. Every second of your life from cradle to grave will become property of the state to be used to the favor of the state as it deems fit. We sacrifice our lives and the lives of our children as it entertains the state. We place cancer inducing devices into the hands of our children before they can talk or walk. We turn our children over to the state to be indoctrinated to the benefit of the state and will be prosecuted if we protest, possibly losing our children and or imprisoned. We did this. We opened the door, we not only invited them in, we work ourselves into early graves to pay for our illnesses and our enslavement.

Is it too late to change this? I think it is, but we still have to try.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I think its a blessing the rest of the world does not get so excited over a flag, there is enough chaos already, without flags causing more. Thinking a bit more deeply, seems that the muslim black flag gets some people excited, just what is it with these oblongs of coloured cloth?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
I think its a blessing the rest of the world does not get so excited over a flag, there is enough chaos already, without flags causing more. Thinking a bit more deeply, seems that the muslim black flag gets some people excited, just what is it with these oblongs of coloured cloth?

If it was just about a little square of fabric I would agree with you. It is about much more. When did we go from individuals to the Borg collective? We are being lined up, programmed, manipulated and controlled, with no thought to the outcome of our actions or lack of action.

How many times has a tiny insignificant appearing action, acted as a catalyst, resulting in an unfortunate incident? We live in a world were "going viral" is the primary goal, with no thought or regard to the outcomes. We are being played like a fine tuned fiddle. I can't understand why so many of us are lining up for our slaughter and paying top dollar to race to the front of the line.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I didn't read the article.

Just have a question;

Was the fire-chief put up to do this by a higher up, or did he do this on his own accord?

1st amendment...?

Take the flag off the pole outside, so you will at least appear to be consistent.

FFS

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The fire fighters have just been reinstated.

MayWood Fire Cheif say's things have grown out of Proportion...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Side note: So, what, anything having to do with monkeys is racist now? The monkey sat there smoming for years without anyone noticing anything wrong with it. Now suddenly monkeys are bad. Not only monkeys, but the American F#ing Flag, too!? Now wait just a minute, will these people please wait just a cotton pickin minute here?? Just stop and think for a second... is this progress?

Somebody save the monkeys for cryin out loud! They are Not racist, it waall just one big false rumour and a few honest misunderstandings... I say we give the monkeys another chance!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sorry but if they didn't have a union, they would have been fired.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

this doesn't make any sense

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoolStoryMan

this doesn't make any sense

Truly, it doesn't

That's why I put it in the 'Political Madness' forum, because it's just plain ignorant and stupid IMO

If it was a Rebel flag, yes, I could understand that
But it's not.
It's the American Flag that represents our country-- this is just absurd!!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

"Firefighters Ordered to follow orders"... fixed, brain wash emotion scrubbed..

..." my cloth on a stick is better than yours.. ".. is programed behavior...and ridiculous... stirs up judgement clouding emotions.. emotional people are more easily influenced...

..subtract emotion and focus on reality:... as a condition of employment police & fire employees take an "oath", ergo.. have a "duty" ... to follow this crazy things called "department policy" and "orders" because of, yet another crazy thing..."chain of command" ..

..such policies keep a guy like me from demanding "if they express themselves, so can I" equality & fairness ..as a worshiping member of the church of hairless twat... vagina stickers on my gear are my form of personal expression.

edit on 21-9-2014 by GovtFlu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

"It's the American Flag that represents our country-- this is just absurd!! "

..1930s Germans said that about the swastika.. which might be a good historical reference to learn from: cloth on a stick worship is bad for ya..

I dig the transparent programming some people advertise... and the double think & hypocrisy... especially from "conspiracy", so-called, minded folks who I oft see bloviating drivel about "justice" requiring the military & police "need to frik'n obey the frik'n oath they frik'n took!!!" ..

.. except when it comes to the flag, of course.. the oath is absurd when it gets in the way of being emotionally attached to a patriotic pattern on a sticker..!!

... taking an "oath" has zero gravity when people willingly accept, and support, disobeying it in accordance with their subjective opinions..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join