It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I'm an atheist swaying more towards spirituality...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
But I had a (no doubt been flogged to death subject) revelation today.. I've heard it many times before, but it never sunk in.

But, I do believe every single person is here because they are really good at something, but so many ingnore what it is they are good at, or just choose not to embrace it... I'm one! So I'm working on it.

Have a think back to someone you once met, who was in a hopeless mess and everything was going bad for them, and ask yourself,... Did you see potential in them ?

I'd say yes! Maybe I just see the good in people, maybe I just tap into their potential but my point is... . I really think every single person on earth is naturally good at 'something' and I mean naturally better than joe bloggs standing next to them....

So anyway I just wanted to share this with you, never judge a book by its cover. Peace and respect to all you you, you all know where your talent and flair lies, you've been aware of it, please use it!

Cheers 🍻 🍻 🍻
edit on 10/9/14 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with being spiritual, it's when one becomes religious that heads roll, literally. We are all one. Cheers, friend.

"Be kind to those you love, and be kind to those you don't, but for god's sake you've gotta be kind, and respectful because we're all one soul. Be the best f$&@ing human that you can be!"

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

Hmmm.

I've never met someone that was just good at something. Even the good artists I know draw all the time.

It all comes down to intelligence, interest, and the amount of time you put into things. I say intelligence because sometimes no matter the amount of time and effort put into something things won't pan out. Knew a guy who was slow that tried for four years to get his GED and couldn't pass it. Thankfully, he finally went with what his mind was capable of cultivating and learned how to lay tile.

People say I am good at making music. I am not really good at making music, I just spend a lot of time doing it...and I am interested.

Same with math. I tell them how many hours I have spent doing and redoing problems to understand math and they still say "but you're still naturally good at it".

I have never been naturally good at anything. I have been interested in things and chose to spend time on them, but I was not born good at anything.

That's just me.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'll reply to myself because I haven't been honest with myself for some time now.

I've been taking the easy (no effort) route through life, I'm over 40 now and it's pissing me off that I'm such a lazy, non motivated, don't appreciate life enough TWAT.

There, you have it. But I'm working on it, I'm going to change my career, take a pay cut, and do a job that I'm good at. And it involves helping other people. So I know what I have in me, and ima share it with as many people who need it as possible.

Thanks for listening, I just had a moment that I had to share x

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Hmmm.

I've never met someone that was just good at something. Even the good artists I know draw all the time.

It all comes down to intelligence, interest, and the amount of time you put into things. I say intelligence because sometimes no matter the amount of time and effort put into something things won't pan out. Knew a guy who was slow that tried for four years to get his GED and couldn't pass it. Thankfully, he finally went with what his mind was capable of cultivating and learned how to lay tile.

People say I am good at making music. I am not really good at making music, I just spend a lot of time doing it...and I am interested.

Same with math. I tell them how many hours I have spent doing and redoing problems to understand math and they still say "but you're still naturally good at it".

I have never been naturally good at anything. I have been interested in things and chose to spend time on them, but I was not born good at anything.

That's just me.

Thanks for your honest reply.

You 'think' you're not good at music or math, quite humble in fact.
But let's not avoid the glaring fact, that you are pretty good at music and math, .everyday people see it! You might not think so, but your friends do. 👍

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
Nothing wrong with being spiritual, it's when one becomes religious that heads roll, literally. We are all one. Cheers, friend.

"Be kind to those you love, and be kind to those you don't, but for god's sake you've gotta be kind, and respectful because we're all one soul. Be the best f$&@ing human that you can be!"

These are great words, thank you Sir!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

But to me that is dishonest. I have spent many hours getting better. I am not "naturally" good at either math or music.

When people state that someone is naturally good at something, they are dismissing the amount of work that person chose to put into said something. Instead, they place emphasis on a "trait" the individual has no control in. After all, how can one control something they are either naturally good or bad at?

Why study? You're either a natural at math problems or you're not.

Is that asian kid really a natural at math or does he study six hours every night. Big difference.

That's the way I see it.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Do you think it is possible that all life on this earth could be linked to form a consciousness that steers nature? Some people have broke away from this consciousness and try to destroy or discredit it. Is this possible consciousness linked some how to other planets with life by a weak link over lightyears away? Could this network be what we call god?

I do not know why some people cannot understand this consciousness and try to shear the link. Even many religious people defy our local entity and abuse nature which is a part of this entity.

I was always told that everything we see is part of god when I was in sunday school. So in essence Christianity should understand that the crust of this earth is part of god. We should respect all life and thank mother nature, not Monsanto, for providing for us.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Do you think it is possible that all life on this earth could be linked to form a consciousness that steers nature? Some people have broke away from this consciousness and try to destroy or discredit it. Is this possible consciousness linked some how to other planets with life by a weak link over lightyears away? Could this network be what we call god?

I do not know why some people cannot understand this consciousness and try to shear the link. Even many religious people defy our local entity and abuse nature which is a part of this entity.

I was always told that everything we see is part of god when I was in sunday school. So in essence Christianity should understand that the crust of this earth is part of god. We should respect all life and thank mother nature, not Monsanto, for providing for us.

Apart from the Christianity reference, I loved your post!

Higher consciousness? That's something I'm willing to explore. I don't believe there is a conscious god, but I do believe we are a tiny part of a huge equation.
We are insignificant, yet still very important.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

Hmmm.

That's just me.

Im naturally good at mechanical things and working with my hands and having exceptional spacial awareness for a female. Do i have to put more effort into somethings than others yeah of course but most things i pick up easy.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I find your words to be very true.

We are all naturally good at something, for we are all unique manifestions of this universe.

I also do believe that we have been collectively manipulated into not realizing this. We have been taught that success is spelt $ucce$$ and this has caused us to lose sight of our natural gifts as we have handed them over to the darwinian approach of life. Dog eat dog world of money!

Fortunately we are living in the age of remembering who we are along with our innate gifts. Some of which has been hijacked by new age charlatans simply trying to profit off of peoples ignorance. However this is not the point, utlimately what I see in another is the same divine spark that I see in all of nature. This goes for the good, the bad, and the ugly. Practicing compassion is one of the wonderful opportunities being born in this world of suffering has offered.

I rememeber being an "athiest" simply because the absurdity of a judgemental white male God in the sky simply made no sense to me. The more I have come to my spiritual nature the more I have understood that heaven is yours for the creating. We create our own worlds and those in control create through fear, therefore our strength lies in love/faith for humanity and our earth!

Namaste Aloha!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930pmWednesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I agree! this is a topic that has been really relevant to my life lately in relation to realizing my full potential and what I can do. And its good to keep in mind "skills" are many...sometimes the world just need that calming presence who doesn't say much but means so much to those whom he/she has touched.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Maybe people sense this higher consciousness and think it is god. Can you fathom that if you believed in this consciousness and had a direct link to it that it is possible that other things in nature, like bacteria or even cancerous cells that were also linked to this consciousness, would decide to commit suicide if they sensed you were tied to this eminent being....the higher consciousness.

But humans who are not linked and are stuck on their pride or desire for material things that cause a destruction of nature cannot utilize the power that this link can generate. Giving your respect to these kind of people instead of this consciousness that steers the survival of the higher consciousness itself would sever the link to this being.

Now this means that god and man do not look alike. Which is in direct contradiction of Genesis if they are speaking of a bodily form. Now since we see things to fit what we perceive is real, god would appear to a person as they think god looks. In reality I feel that this being would be shaped more like a porpoise or certain kind of whale. Look at the interaction of our magnetic field with the solar wind.

Enough creativity here. Too bad they don't make twilight zone shows anymore, I could write for them.

edit on 10-9-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Atheism is a belief, and thus just as biased and dead-ended as religious belief. Beliefs (certainty in the uncertain) are dangerous because they colour your viewpoint before you have all the facts.

I see religion vs atheism argument like the Schrodinger's cat idea. Religious people are certain it is alive, and atheists are certain it is dead; neither one knows until the box is opened, but they both hold their beliefs anyway. Nonsensical

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
That is what the globalist are pushing, the whole atheist movement. If they are pushing then you should very well question it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I don't understand what your OP has to do with spirituality?
Sounds to me that what you're talking about is humanity and kindness.
I do believe we are are connected and there is far more to 'us' and 'this' than we are aware of.
I am not religious and find organized religion to be repulsive and detrimental to humanity.
edit on 11-9-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Greetings- Along Your path remember "Religion™ is for people afraid of Hell, "Spirituality" is for folks who've already been..."

namaste

new topics

top topics

join