It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99-Year-Old 'Sewing Celebrity' Is a Hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
She certainly deserves celebrity status, in my book! Hats off to her!!

It's people like Lillian Weber that restore my faith in humanity.

I didn't want this article about this lady to go unnoticed, so I'm sharing it on ATS.

This 99 year old lady has begun her mornings sewing a new dress for the poor children in Africa for the last 3 years. Each dress takes about 4 hours to make. She says she doesn't even watch t.v. because this gives her all the entertainment she needs, and it gives her purpose to continue on living.
To date, she has sewn 855 dresses!
Lillian will celebrate her 100th birthday next May with her 1,000th dress, but she has no intention of slowing down.

“It keeps me going after 99 years,” she says. “I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t found this to do. I have been blessed with this. We went without a lot of things because we couldn’t afford it,” Lillian says. “And these little girls, I can imagine that they have a lot of feelings maybe even worse than what we had to go through.”

I can't share the video here, so please visit the link and see these beautiful little dresses this woman makes.
I hope I am as fortunate as Lillian to be able to do something worthy, that can help others when I get that old.

Please read more and see the video here:
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
at last a story we don,t have to debate,just one that everyone should take inspiration from
s&f

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
at last a story we don,t have to debate,just one that everyone should take inspiration from
s&f

I don`t agree with you, I think she just lazy, she can do at least 3 a day.

But on a serious note, great story OP, it`s actually humbling how lazy some of us are.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

What an inspiration she is! She is using her skills to help others so unselfishly and happily too. She puts many of us to shame.

edit on 10-9-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien
yip and i,m lazy like that now,99 years old and she probably concentrates and works harder than i do now

would say i hope i have her humanity when i,m her age but theres more chance of finding life on jupiter than that happening.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thanks guys! Bumping thread.

This needs to be seen!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What a beautiful story! So refreshing to read this... after a while, you forget that there are good people out there.

Thanks for sharing! S&F!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

How inspiring is this?! Very Kool!!!
My Gramma just turned 99 this month. She just renewed her Drivers License and volunteers a day a week at her local hospital! She lives alone, Drives alone and has a very good outlook on life!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

WOW! How awesome is that? Still driving at 99?
Is she like most older people that go 40 in the fast lane? LOL

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

No actually My Gramma has no problem going speed limits, or just with the flow of traffic. One of my Aunts, who is much younger is the one who goes 40 in the fast lane! LOL!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
Well, that's awesome! And her helping at the hospital is amazing!
My grandmother was like that. She lived to be 97. She could work circles around me when she was in her 80's, bless her heart!

Bless all their hearts!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Sounds like yer GrandMother was amazing too!

Yes, Bless them ALL!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

yep... restores faith in society. what a feel good story.
thx for posting it up

new topics

top topics

join