It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Flare headed towards Earth...Bugout Now !!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think some people in these forums secretly hope these storms happen so the grid can be destroyed. They believe it'd be good for us, and they also hate technology. The problem with these people is they disregard the large numbers of people in hospitals who may die because of loss of power. They're also disregarding the massive effects this would have and the increased deaths as a result. It may result in a "better" world, in terms of the people appreciating things more, but it'll come at a very large cost. It's like cutting one of your arms off, and as a result appreciating the remaining one more. While it does make you more resourceful, even with the best prosthetics you really can't replace the one you lost.

There're also people who believe modern technology has hampered natural selection by allowing people who're weak to live. THey believe this has short circuited our evolution and doomed us. So they would rather we choose not to save weaker people and to instead let them die. I suppose these same people should also decline any hospital work for problems, as using technology to help remedy anything is unnatural and doesn't allow natural evolution breed those traits. For example, when someone breaks a bone in an accident, by declining hospital care we give natural evolution a chance to kill off the people who do not have good genes for either preventing broken bones or restoring them. Plenty of children could die that way, thus preventing them from ever reaching a reproductive age. This would increase the circulation of good genes and help to remove the bad ones.
edit on 12-9-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite
Well you hope they disregard all the things listed but chances are many of them don't.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Well you hope they disregard all the things listed but chances are many of them don't.

Unfortunately, there're a lot of people who really do want this world to end or suffer disaster. Some of them are suicidal and hateful, others are probably just plain crazy. Maybe some willfully ignore certain things.

I think some stress is good. We all know some strain is good to keep us strong. But too much strain can also kill you or be harmful.
edit on 12-9-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Weird the last 2 cme's that have hit earth and i feel like i am burning up ,my skin feel's like it is near a electric fire and tingiling all over ..

in the back of my mind i was thinking about spontanous human conbustion and with my luck
and love for beer

anyone else notice this but dismiss it

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Secretly? Fundamentalist Christians and any other fundamentalist religion hope and pray everyday for dooms day!

"Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will cause
I sure could use a vacation from this
Stupid #, silly #, stupid #..." - Tool Ænema

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Unfortunately, there're a lot of people who really do want this world to end or suffer disaster. Some of them are suicidal and hateful, others are probably just plain crazy. Maybe some willfully ignore certain things.

I think some stress is good. We all know some strain is good to keep us strong. But too much strain can also kill you or be harmful.

I think that you're right and many people are hopeful that this will happen. While I have personally run into those like you describe who think that our technological advancements allow the weak to live (and as an asthmatic I fall squarely in that category for many who think that way), I don't think most people do feel that way.

I think that most people feel like there are too many of us and that the easy answer for their own success would be to have a collapse in population and a reorganization of the infrastructure. They feel, on some level, as if they are failing in the current system and many of them also think that they are resourceful enough to survive without the complexities of modern society. They think that resetting the board so-to-speak will level the playing field for them. Most of them are wrong and wouldn't be able to find their a$$ with both hands without our current vast infrastructure of support i.e. in a "survivalist" situation.

It's the fast and dirty answer to hope for the death of untold billions. Frankly it's more instinct than actual thought that propels these misanthropic lines of "reasoning". While sometimes a mass die-off can create opportunities it is actually only a very few lucky ones who are able to take advantage of it. For most people life simply reverts to the old nasty, brutish and short in breathtaking time. These people are going to be in for quite a shock when the realities of starvation, disease, predators, infant mortality, and just the sheer amount of physical exertion required to survive just one more day become apparent.

Not to mention... Just what human beings become when the that coat of civility we all wear is no longer a survival prone habit.

For the record, as I mentioned, I am one of those that has a very, very short time to live if this goes pear-shaped so I am biased toward civilization as we know it. I am well aware of this so take my opinion for what it is worth.

edit on 12-9-2014 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
why would you bugout from a solar flare ? if it was big enough to disrupt the power grid, chance are the effects would occer anywhere you might be able to "bugout" to anyway

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join