It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Flare headed towards Earth...Bugout Now !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Scientists: 'Extreme' solar storm heading to Earth

An extreme solar flare is blasting its way to Earth and could mess up some power grids, satellites and radio transmissions, scientists say.
It's been several years since Earth has had a solar storm of this size coming from sunspots smack in the middle of the sun

Time-lapse images

geomagnetic storm warning

Earth-orbiting satellites have just detected a powerful X1.6-class solar flare (Sept. 10 @ 17:46 UT). The source was active sunspot AR2158, which is directly facing Earth. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded the extreme ultraviolet flash:

edit on 10-9-2014 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You know I have a bad feeling about this one goto www.solarham.net... and watch video on description of solar flare and watch the almost immediate effect on earth it's crazy something has been off for a while now I think it's time to take a little trip with the fam... a reply to: ShadowChatter

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowChatter

Ahhh.. nice to see the Sun waking up. I don't see a need to bug out though or even freak out.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Sorry if this is a dumb question…

When it hits will it hit long enough to cover the whole earth as it turns for 24 hours? Or will it expend its energy on one hemisphere?

Which hemisphere?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So what do you suggest?
Duck and cover?
Spf175?
Tin foil hats?
Lol
Grin and bare it..

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Usually one hemisphere depending on the rotation of the earth at tHe point of impact a reply to: intrptr

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I think its a X1 flare which is big but could be bigger
and looks like it will hit tomorrow.

We be ok and should have pretty auroras to watch.

NOAA
edit on 10/9/2014 by skuly because: typo

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
In all of recorded history do we know of any deaths directly related to solar flares? I don't think I've heard of even one, so I'm not worried at all.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
For you my friend SPF 0 with a lead hat and stand directly under the sun lol grinned and bareing it ...lol a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

link   

Party like it's 1789, yeah!

link   
Watch the earthquakes climb like mad every time there is a cme in our direction

doom on

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
How convenient 9/11???...???a reply to: skuly

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am considering putting my tablet in the microwave overnight - how long until it hits?

Is this bad enough to fry our devices etc?

If it's not this it will be something else - I need a broken wisdom tooth out in the hospital, I better start moaning at them again tomorrow.

And if by the good grace of God this thing doesn't cause any issues, then let's all work together to stop NATO and Russia/possibly other BRICS countries going to war and sending us into yet another unnecessary dark age.

Please

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Uh, hate to break it to you but we had 3 X-class flares already in June. And we've had solar storms every year since the beginning of the universe.

Bugging out is very unnecessary.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
How convenient 9/11???...???a reply to: skuly

I blame Bush for this one.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well yea I'm sure Obama knows about a possible attack tom lets see how he reacts..a reply to: thesaneone

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Spaceweather.com is slow because of the traffic, but if you can get through you'll see that there is a moderate happening and not anything even remotely worthy of a 'bug out'. (not that you could 'bug out' from a solar flare hit anyways .. no place to go).

I'm looking forward to Friday and Saturday night. I have hope that I will finally see the Northern Lights. They are on my bucket list.

We will either take a drive out from under the Philly lights out to Lancaster to sky watch for a while (it's dark out there in all the Amish farms) ... or we may even take a weekend drive and go further up north to New England for the weekend and maybe we'll have a better chance there.

As for 'OMG BUG OUT' ... not even close. Don't worry about it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju
In all of recorded history do we know of any deaths directly related to solar flares? I don't think I've heard of even one, so I'm not worried at all.

Some telegraph operators got shocked and some telegraph paper caught fire, but that's about it. This flare is nothing like the 1859 flare though. I'm not too worried.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I always knew the sun had something to do with 911.

You guys are too funny. LMAO here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join