It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can Jesus Be God?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I say, they are much God as you and I.

1. As long as you dont confuse the body with you.
2. As long as you dont confuse your mind with you.
3. As long as you dont confuse your ego with you.
4. As long as you dont confuse you with God.
5. As long as you dont try to create unlike god.

then i think it the answer could be (im not sure if i covered all the cases) yes.

You really need purification to create like god, assuming that you are normal human having good (positive?) and bad (negative) sides.
Inteligence is not that important, but it is impotant to understand that creating unlike god did, is against god's and
then your will. And you will hurt only yourself, because there is nothing else.
And all you really want is happiness.

edit on 12/9/2014 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Because no man could, nor even would do what Jesus did.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Logarock

I don't believe those things because I live in the 21st century and have studied the physical properties of liquids, solids, and gases (things that were BARELY theorized about back in those times) as well as the finality of death (especially without supporting technology). Meanwhile, people back in those days used to believe that a god came down to earth disguised as a swan, seduced a woman (the mother of helen of troy btw), who subsequently gave birth to a demi-god.

Yea! But I don't care when you lived everybody understood you just don't walk on water. And yea folks knew what death was and what it looked like. There is nothing to consider really in an argument that folks then didn't understand these things. What a modern age scientific pecksniffery!

I get that, but my point is that if people are already superstitious enough to believe in demi-gods, they'll believe that the Christian one could walk on water if enough people repeat that story. That's what makes them a demi-god, or in Christianity's case part of God(?), they can do things that most people can't.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

What does this even mean? I used to be Catholic, buddy, then later just Christian non-denominational. I tried that whole nonsense and the only thing I got back was a decreasing belief in Christianity over the years. Though you haven't explained to me why a Jesus quote makes Jesus trustworthy. You just gave me a generic religious buzzphrase.

What makes Jesus so special that he can bypass circular reasoning? Why should we accept a testimonial (NOT scientific evidence) as proof of something being true? Sure testimonials are accepted as valid legal evidence, but people lie. And I want to rule out that Jesus wasn't lying to everyone before I believe anything he says. And you can't do that. But you CAN just tell me to do things like "covet to personal relationship with Jesus (sic)" whatever that means.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Isaiah53

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.1Timothy3

That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John5

John 10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you Acts3

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Jesus (God, the Son) was the spirit of Christ in human form. God the Father is the remnants of totality in the center of the Universe and God, the Holy Spirit is the conglomerate consciousness, ALL of Totality summed up.

This is the reason that Jesus stated "You can blaspheme against the Son and you will be forgiven, you can blaspheme against the Father and you will be forgiven, if you blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, you will never be forgiven".

By blaspheming against the Holy Spirit, you are offending all of reality and totality, including yourself.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

So let me get this straight. Jesus is god. God is god. The Holy Spirit is god. Jesus doesn't care if you don't worship or believe in him. God doesn't care if you don't worship or believe in him. But the Holy Spirit gets so ticked off that you'll suffer eternal punishment in Hell for not worshiping or believing in it? Sounds like the Holy Spirit has some ego issues!

Ooops! Did I just blaspheme?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Rustami

Isn't whipping money changers and throwing tables around the room "violence". I guess Isaiah isn't talking about Jesus after all!

edit on 12-9-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Sounds like the Holy Spirit has some ego issues!

Windword why do you persist? When all you ever look for are the
flaws not in God, but really what only add up to, what someone is
trying to convey about God. There will never be any purpose to
what you've convinced yourself you're trying to prove. You seek
no revelation so your only purpose has to be to mock something
you claim you don't believe in. But the Holy Spirit has issues?
Just an observation.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

1 John 3 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory 1Peter1

Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy Revelation15

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

No, you'll be tormented forever for the life you took.....(Constantine)

Jaden
edit on 12-9-2014 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Wirral Bagpuss
Here is something new to think about. All the world's major religions such as Christianity, Judaism, Buddishim, Islam etc all share the one thing in common. They worship the same God. How they worship Him is just a matter of cultural and ethnic interpretation. Why can't all the world's religions just accept that? We should embrace and rejoice in each other's faiths. I do my best to embrace other faiths. If we could all do that then perhaps we might just get a glimpse of the Kingdom of Heaven Christ referred to.

Rubbish. That's insulting to every religion except the three Abrahamic religions. By the way, Buddhism is a philosphy not a religion. Aren't you aware that many religions are polytheistic? Only a few are monotheistic and it's not coincidental that they're the problem. This notion of yours that everything would be great if everyone believed exactly what you believe is so monotheistic.

How can it be insulting. I don't think it is rubbish to embrace the main religions and accept cultural diversity. Bigotry and ignorance led to the Holocaust which killed millions of Jews, gypsies and disabled people. And I don't think it is monotheistic. Are you able to prove otherwise? The fact is no one knows the truth behind religious origins. And here is something else to think on. What if ET landed tomorrow and revealed something about religion? that Humanity had not thought about before?

I don't think it is wrong at all to hope that we can all learn to embrace each others religions with respect and lead to a more peaceful world. I would rather have peace than war.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Windword why do you persist? When all you ever look for are the
flaws not in God, but really what only add up to, what someone is
trying to convey about God.

Randy, Why so serious bro? There's no need to look for flaws, they jump off the page. Regurgitating scripture and repeating dogma and doctrine is NOT a personal conveyance of who or what GOD is.

1 John 3 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

If that is true, then the God of Genesis, who was a murderer from the beginning, also "hath no eternal life abiding in him." Thanks for the heads up!

No, you'll be tormented forever for the life you took.....(Constantine)
Jaden

So now blasphemy is the same as murder? But murder is a forgivable sin, isn't it?

I would think that God would take a little bit more time explaining what the one and only "unforgivable sin" really is, so those of us who have committed this elusive trespass can just give up now, and stop trying to find salvation already.

edit on 12-9-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Let's just say I was stir'n the pot a bit.

Places everyone! And roll'em!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Isn't whipping money changers and throwing tables around the room "violence". I guess Isaiah isn't talking about Jesus after all!

Its fairly clear Isaiah is talking about a deceitful and violent demigod like the anti Christ, not like Christ. What Jesus did in the temple was good violence and candy ass in comparison to real violence. The real violence was the money changers being in the temple to begin with.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

So let me get this straight. Jesus is god. God is god. The Holy Spirit is god. Jesus doesn't care if you don't worship or believe in him. God doesn't care if you don't worship or believe in him. But the Holy Spirit gets so ticked off that you'll suffer eternal punishment in Hell for not worshiping or believing in it? Sounds like the Holy Spirit has some ego issues!

Ooops! Did I just blaspheme?

No its a truth issue and not being able to understand what you are seeing so you speak evil about it. Like saying its simply an ego issue. Ooooops yea you just did blaspheme and are well deep by now over your head.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The anti-christ isn't a demi-god. The anti-christ, rather an anti-christ is just a description of someone who is against Christ. It could mean anything from someone who isn't Christian to someone who directly opposes christianity. But at no times is anti-christ a singular entity. There are many, and even the bible says that there are many.

John 2:18
"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The anti-christ isn't a demi-god. The anti-christ, rather an anti-christ is just a description of someone who is against Christ. It could mean anything from someone who isn't Christian to someone who directly opposes christianity. But at no times is anti-christ a singular entity. There are many, and even the bible says that there are many.

John 2:18
"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."

Not really. The antichrist or being anti-Christ is commonly thought to be against Christ but it really means a false Christ, a false deliverer having some of the trappings of a Christ figure. And I wouldn't say at no time is antichrist a singular entity because he is show to be in the end. The big one the final player.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Your bible disagrees with you. The idea that the anti-christ is some end of the world character comes from middle ages dogma that they made up to scare the peasants. They did this by saying that the beast in revelation and the antichrist are one in the same. In effect they took an adjective and made it into a proper noun and you believe it today so unquestioningly that you even disregard the very book that you worship that contradicts this claim. Kind of funny if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Setting scripture aside for sake of easier explanation. The trinity in Christianity is soft-polytheism. Though they will never admit this.

from wikipedia

A central, main division in polytheism is between soft polytheism and hard polytheism.

"Hard" polytheism is the belief that gods are distinct, separate, real divine beings not psychological archetypes or personifications of natural forces. Hard polytheists reject the idea that "all gods are one god." "Hard" polytheists do not necessarily consider the gods of all cultures as being equally real, a theological position formally known as integrational polytheism or omnitheism.

This is contrasted with "Soft" polytheism, which holds that gods may be aspects of only one god, that the pantheons of other cultures are representative of one single pantheon, psychological archetypes or personifications of natural forces

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join