It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can Jesus Be God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Personally I feel if ATS doesn't have the answers then no one does...

Even if ATS did not exist, no one has the answers.
No one.

S/F

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost Matthew28

John 14
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.2Peter1

Revelation 19 worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
edit on 11-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Teaching the doctrine of pre-existence is not the same as claiming to be the God of Jews, which biblical Jesus never did. Claiming to have existed before Abraham did, has absolutely nothing to do with what Moses supposed saw and heard in "The Burning Bush" some 1500 years later.

Jesus is not GOD, God or god any more than you or I. And, by the way, before Abraham, was I, and I still am!

edit on 11-9-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Jesus also said to the Pharisees "before Abraham was... I AM" Here is clearly claiming to be the LORD (all caps) The Great I AM... YHWH. Then there is this, from Revelation 1:8..

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

and when compared with Revelation 21:6-7...

He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

Jesus did claim to be God, in numerous passages. The Gospel of John was specifically written to the unbeliever to show His deity.

The bottom line is this... Jesus Christ IS Jehovah. Whether or not you believe it is up to you, but just know that your decision has eternal consequences.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Teaching the doctrine of pre-existence is not the same as claiming to be the God of Jews, which biblical Jesus never did. Claiming to have existed before Abraham did, has absolutely nothing to do with what Moses supposed saw and heard in "The Burning Bush" some 1500 years later.

Jesus is not GOD, God or god any more than you or I. And, by the way, before Abraham, was I, and I still am!

It takes just a small speck of comprehension ability to see that Jesus was claiming to be God of the Hebrews.....before Abraham, at the burring bush and while talking to the Jews about it.

And you must be able to see that in order to obfuscate so well. You cant even argue these points from a decent academic position.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18398024]CharlieSpeirs My personal favourite...

Our father, who art in Heaven...
Hallowed be thy name...
Thy kingdom come...
Thy will be done...
On Earth as it is in Heaven...
Give us this day our daily bread...
& forgive us our trespasses...
Etc...
I'm sure you know the rest...

How about that ATS... Jesus was praying for forgiveness as well...
Please do not use this thread to bait or troll Christians...
It's a serious question, keep your replies respectful even if you disagree with one another!!!

Peace!!!
Ugh
Looks like you are full of it.
Jesus was teaching us to pray fyi

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
To everyone in the thread quoting Jesus quotes, what makes him so trustworthy? Would you believe some dude off the street that tells everyone that he is God as well? I mean that is really what everyone is doing here. Some dude (allegedly, since I refuse to believe that the bible is any sort of truth) claims to be god or the son of god or whatever, some other dude writes that down and that suddenly makes it credible?

Jesus could well have been just some random schizophrenic who had a few wise things to say but had delusions of godhood as well. Everyone has flaws and you need to rule out that Jesus didn't have flaws before you can trust him for his word. Before Constantine legitimized Christianity, it was a fricking cult for crying out loud. Jesus was a cult leader (and a criminal). Luckily he didn't demand that all his followers go out in a ritual mass suicide when he was crucified or anything.

(I predict I'll be slammed with a bunch of Jesus quotes saying that he was the son of god as a rebuttal)
edit on 11-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think we need to be possessed by the holy spirit to be able to communicate with God, & perhaps Jesus had successfully completed possession.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Good post OP.

Jesus Christ is not God Almighty, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, of all that is seen and unseen. That title belongs to His Father in Heaven Yahweh Elohim.

Jesus Christ was the "first of the first-fruits" of salvation. The first member of the God family (Elohim) born as a mortal human being. God Almighty's purpose for all things in Creation is to "bring many sons to glory", to transform the minds of carnal mankind into the spiritual image of His mind (Holy Spirit) over time; so that eventually billions will be numbered as a apart of the Elohim of the Eternal (Family of God); Jesus Christ is simply the first.

It is for this transformation (creation of Elohim from mankind) that all things were made that exist.

The creation of Elohim is the reason for all existence, Jesus Christ is the representation of that purpose (word/thought/idea) for mankind.

Jesus is NOT God.

Jesus is the representative purpose (word/thought/idea) for all things and the reason for all things because he was the first mind born of men that successfully qualified for transformation into Elohim (immortal spirit being in the family/image of God).

The thought (word/logos/purpose) of God, also called the "word of God", made (created) flesh (mortal/human) is who Jesus Christ is (his purpose).

Jesus Christ did NOT eternally exist, he had a beginning (created) at his birth via Mary, therefore he cannot be the "self existing one" (El Shaddai) as His Father is known by. His purpose however (thought/logos/word) was established by God before even the angels existed as necessary to bring many sons to glory later on through time..

God Bless,

edit on 11-9-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Ok, so one side of the coin claiming Jesus was a regular man, who philosophically made displays of saying he wasn't god, but him speaking for God, made him like a Son, or Lamb of God, where Jesus did not want to be an idol...Or did he?

Then the other side, fanatically clinging to what he said, or what someone wrote, since Jesus didn't write the bible. Saying that he's God, the almighty, blah blah, and would happily persecute others like a jewish idol.

An idol so narcissistic, and destructive, even Satan would be jealous.
edit on 11-9-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The same way the burning bush was God.

I would refer you to Exodus 3.

We are told the angel of the Lord appeared in the burning bush, but when the talking is done, it is all God. So God is the burning bush is the angel of the Lord is God all at once. Are you telling me this same entity cannot also be Christ?

Are you telling me that a being who transcends space and time cannot be anywhere, anywhen, anyone He so chooses, as He chooses? This is the concept of the Holy Spirit after all that it is a small part of the divine in all of us that we choose to embrace or deny.

Thank you. The burning bush comparison is very helpful to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No I wont waste my time further. I answered Wind with some because he actually made a point with his Melchezedech points....but then drifted into obfuscation.

An you really cant expect for folks not to quote Jesus in a conversation about Jesus.

Its easy to see with most of the more vocal and outspoken Jesus critics on ATS you are in way to deep on the jaded side to even have an academic conversation about the topic.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It amazing how you get so manys stars so fast?

I should use Jesus to star from now....No Im not idoling.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It takes just a small speck of comprehension ability to see that Jesus was claiming to be God of the Hebrews.....before Abraham, at the burring bush and while talking to the Jews about it.

No. It takes a HUGE stretch of the imagination to see that, and then to actually worship that person based on that statement!!!!!!

Abraham, whose god was El Elyon, not "I AM", maybe existed some 1500 before Moses, if either of them even really existed at all.

Chances are, whoever was hiding inside the burning bush was an impostor, and not El Elyon, who sits in judgment of the gods, according to Psalms 82.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Jesus, jesus, jesus....Jesus is great...Jesus is love....Jesus Jesus Jesus....

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No. It takes a HUGE stretch of the imagination to see that, and then to actually worship that person based on that statement!!!!!!

Abraham, whose god was El Elyon, not "I AM", maybe existed some 1500 before Moses, if either of them even really existed at all.

Chances are, whoever was hiding inside the burning bush was an impostor, and not El Elyon, who sits in judgment of the gods, according to Psalms 82.

Why do you get on this subject when you haven't even really read the material? Try chewing your food!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
"Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, n one holier then thou.... Jesus, jesus, jesus, jesus, jesus,

I didn't say it vain...Jesus, Jesus, Jesus....With Love...And Jesus....O and Peace....

Jesus, Jesus, I won't kill, cause it jesus...

If Satans involved, we gotta put his head on a spike, and burn him and the in the lake of # called....

Gehenna....With all the rest of #, cause they didn't say Jesus, Jesus, Jesus."

edit on 11-9-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Why do you get on this subject when you haven't even really read the material? Try chewing your food!

Well! That's very presumptuous of you! As far as I know, windword has an excellent command of the "material".

*eyeroll*

Jesus never said he was God. That's my conclusion from decades of research on the matter.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
How can God be God? Might be a more immediate question that needs answering.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ericscot879
I think we need to be possessed by the holy spirit to be able to communicate with God, & perhaps Jesus had successfully completed possession.
It is rightfully said in the Bible. Thou shall call Me Lord only by the Power of The Holy Ghost. Praise Jesus

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join